Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the most appropriate messaging app for Blockchain projects nowadays?
Telegram
Slack
Discord
Other
They should forego such an app.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Messaging app for Blockchain projects  (Read 119 times)
lexixon (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:56:11 PM

Building a community and getting good quality discussions rolling are some of the key aspects when launching a new blockchain project or token sale IMO. Of course forums like Bitcointalk and Reddit are great places to share ideas and talks but still a project may need a messaging app like Slack, Telegram or Discord. While we had seen a lot of Slack around in the beginning of 2017, Telegram got way more popular in the second half of the year mainly due to misuse and scam attacks in Slack groups. Still, me personally I don't like Telegram too much cause usually it's a mess. In that respect I prefer Slack or Discord as you can split certain topics into different channels. Slack is the most popular app (and as many other companies we're also using it ourselves as the main communication tool), so I would love to suggest Slack for new projects still (I'm advising some in marketing/growth hacking). A good alternative obviously is Discord, even though it's a bit less popular.

What is your opinion, what's the voice of the community? What's a comfortable and effective way of communicating (messaging) for you and what would you appreciate most when checking out a project?

Any arguments and discussions are much appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:09:39 PM

Please also add your qualitative statement of the provided options or suggest others.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

Most often use a Telegram but it depends on the country in which you will use this messenger. For example, the management of Telegrams in Russia is now given 15 days to provide their codes for encryption. If they fulfill this condition then the privacy of the network will be reduced to zero. If not then probably Telegrams will be banned in Russia and satellite countries.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:49:22 PM

My preference is Telegram but I don't really like any of them all that much.  I especially can't stand the interface and features of Discord.  The main problem with Telegram is there are too many scammers.  They need to come up with some features to make it more difficult to PM people or SPAM chats.
yuser_network

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:53:06 PM

I'm also interested in this, but also how to market blockchain projects. With so many popping up and there being lots of spam and scams narrowing it down to the better avenues for marketing is going to be key going forward. Currently everyone flocks to Telegram and since they are creating their own blockchain economy, they'll likely be seen as the go-to. Influencer marketing with those in the crypto/tech/finance space will be important as well to drive authentic users to your chats.
D.VAN77

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:07:09 PM

Most often use a Telegram but it depends on the country in which you will use this messenger. For example, the management of Telegrams in Russia is now given 15 days to provide their codes for encryption. If they fulfill this condition then the privacy of the network will be reduced to zero. If not then probably Telegrams will be banned in Russia and satellite countries.

That's really interesting... I wonder what impact this will have on a lot of the crypto channels. Most of the big ones seem to be Russian.

I do find Telegram really scammy, it takes a while to get to know the good channels. However, recently people keep talking about Telegram more and more in the context of ICOs. Less so Slack and Discord
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:13:15 PM

I think that BitCointalk is the best service today, because it is at this forum that a huge number of projects are happening today, a huge number of people visit this forum and many people just find a job here.
Odora

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:28:42 PM

of course, I recommend telegram, uninterrupted Bot, very user-friendly and real person inside,
unlike other ones with just emails can register causing multiple accounts...
squesto

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:37:52 PM

I like telegram and find it extremely user-friendly. Discord just seems a little cluttered to me
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:47:30 PM

Telegram is so much better than the others. It's user friendly and can be used both on PC and on mobile. Discord seems to be a complete mess and there seem to be a lot more scams going on in discord chats. I like the projects that use the combination of an announcement channel in telegram and a group for discussion.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:04:24 PM

Telegram is so much better than the others. It's user friendly and can be used both on PC and on mobile. Discord seems to be a complete mess and there seem to be a lot more scams going on in discord chats. I like the projects that use the combination of an announcement channel in telegram and a group for discussion.

You have scams going on with telegram as well. Flaw with discord is that you can create as many accounts as you want where as with telegram you need another phone number and when you change username others can notice if they have used chat with you before. However I find discord to be better in a sense that everything is well organized. What I mean by this? You have like sub groups and categories a side and it is much better to handle big chats and talk exactly for what you are interested in. While telegram there is just one group chat and if few people start typing, well it is a mess. I won't go with privacy issues of both, because both of them have flaws in that area.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:32:43 AM

of course, I recommend telegram, uninterrupted Bot, very user-friendly and real person inside,
Telegram applications nowadays is the best used were we can be an interactive with other users. Easy to use and friendly user just simple to use unlike other apps. It is recommended, why? Because one user with one account that can be use in this telegram just to avoid multi accounts.
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:32:20 PM

last year I joined this forum and most of the messaging App that were used was Slack but this year we Haven't heard Slack at all because Telegram is better than any messaging App available in the market.
I really like Telegram Messaging App because it caters a lot of messaging services for crypto enthusiasts this year.

Lewoll

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:34:50 PM

I like telegram and find it extremely user-friendly. Discord just seems a little cluttered to me

Telegram really works better on crypto users, investors and supporters. it's very simple but powerful single messaging app for everyone.
Telegram Channels is one of the strongest Crypto community you can bump and of course, it's one of the best criteria to check whether the ICO or a crypto project is legitimate or scam.

lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:56:25 PM

Telegram applications nowadays is the best used were we can be an interactive with other users. Easy to use and friendly user just simple to use unlike other apps. It is recommended, why? Because one user with one account that can be use in this telegram just to avoid multi accounts.

I agree, the latter is a very valid point. The only big disadvantage of Telegram I see in their one-channel policy leading to messy and unstructured discussions once the channel has grown to a certain size. Good for support and announcements but I still struggle to see high quality discussions and chats there.
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:58:43 PM

Telegram really works better on crypto users, investors and supporters. it's very simple but powerful single messaging app for everyone.
Telegram Channels is one of the strongest Crypto community you can bump and of course, it's one of the best criteria to check whether the ICO or a crypto project is legitimate or scam.

Well I agree but not necessarily with your latest statement. I've seen too many ways of decoying and incentivizing (bounty) hunters and suchlike to join telegram groups based on nothing but good marketing.
Lewoll

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:09:33 PM

this year most of the crypto social networking and communities are using Telegram and nothing more because Telegram Channel is one of the most effective way that ICO Community staffs, admins, moderators, investors, supporters and other kinds of channel members are having conversations and discussions on related and non-related about ICOs and Crypto projects.
It is the ecosystem and community where everyone will earn ideas, answers and responses straight from the concerned and authorized in order to keep the crypto system project into a solid community.
social community is one of the most effective way to check whether the ICO or crypto project is legitimate or scam.

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:13:07 PM

I am personally a telegram user and fan, it just has everything for the blockchain era, you can create groups, channels, announcement rooms, private chats etc in telegram, while somehow i do not like slack and discord.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: