Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 02:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox a/c recovery  (Read 811 times)
jago25_98 (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 09:50:43 PM

I know I used Mt.Gox once, but I can't remember if I left any funds with them, so I haven't bothered trying to hard with account recovery. But I'm not sure so I thought I better have a go.

I also can't remember what email I used to register with or username! Oh dear.

Perhaps you can help me whittle it down a bit.

1) When Mt.Gox send a `Thank you for registering with Mt.Gox` what words do they put in the email so I can search my emails to find that, to determine which email address I used

2) Is the username allowed symbols like $ & _ in them? Or is it just numbers and small case letters. This will help me be more sure of my username.

3) I'm in the UK, but I think I only used the site last year... so I don't think I could have used their UK bank deposit system because that didn't exist. For account recovery they are asking for "<11>Send the account number(s) and amount(s) you used when depositing into your Mt.Gox account." what is this referring to? Does it mean the account number of where the funds were coming from? I'll have to figure out how I did it.

I had my phone stolen and I think stuff like this must have been noted on it. Albeit encrypted, let this be a lesson to me!

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:57:41 AM

2) Is the username allowed symbols like $ & _ in them? Or is it just numbers and small case letters. This will help me be more sure of my username.

here, go through the list yourself (the link to the .csv with all accounts is in the first post): http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19576.0

For account recovery they are asking for "<11>Send the account number(s) and amount(s) you used when depositing into your Mt.Gox account." what is this referring to?

that would be the UserID (column a).

best of luck to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: