Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chances of $150 again  (Read 13456 times)
xorglub

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:36:42 PM

Depends how high this "bubble" goes. If you're asking, it is more likely you will be dumping rather than buying when we hit $150 again  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tescomatty

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Very likely we will see 150 again, no need to panic buy now. Just wait

theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:00:01 AM

Depends how high this "bubble" goes. If you're asking, it is more likely you will be dumping rather than buying when we hit $150 again  Roll Eyes
I don't dump. Sometimes I sell like 1 or 2 coins to try to turn a quick profit for fun, but I never 'dump'. Cheesy

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6194

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:09:42 AM

I think if this rally continues these days without a break, it is more likely to drop hard when we are near the $266 mark. Some people will cash out then, that's for sure - the question is if others start to panic or not.

If BTC takes a breath and moves sideways some days before $266, it would be more likely that we never see 150 again, because this would generate more confidence in the actual price level. But actually it seems we are heading straight up to 250-260 (the April ATH is only 15 % away!), so a correction is more likely.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:10:33 AM

i'd say like 65% chance, and dropping fast...

You must be high all the time huh Adam?

Gotta love Canadians!
Nemesis

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:12:06 AM

I think if this rally continues these days without a break, it is more likely to drop hard when we are near the $266 mark. Some people will cash out then, that's for sure - the question is if others start to panic or not.

If BTC takes a breath and moves sideways some days before $266, it would be more likely that we never see 150 again, because this would generate more confidence in the actual price level. But actually it seems we are heading straight up to 250-260 (the April ATH is only 15 % away!), so a correction is more likely.

Nah... last time when it got close to ATH ($32) there were major sell offs but the waves of bids kept coming and BOOM! we hit $40 in no time.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:19:16 AM

It might go to $150 briefly. So what?
So I want to buy then. I have a ton of fiat heading to Bitstamp to get ready for that day.

Where your fiat was one week ago? $150 might never come again.
So close!

My fiat, was, precisely one week ago, in my bank account, waiting to be debited by COINBASE UNTIL THEY CANCELED MY ORDER DUE TO "HIGH RISK"!

>.>

<,<

Are you serious? Do you know why they flagged you as "high risk" It was ironic I purchased some coin from coinbase when it was around 140 last week. it was pending and literally right before their time was up, the coins were credited..  I actually thought canceling my order would have made good business sense for them, since its almost double. I, too was really afraid of some sort of "issue"..

It would be interesting to know what they would consider high risk.. especially since you have your bank account attached, etc... I wonder how many other sub 150 buys were "canceled"? Im just fortunate that mine went thru just fine.. Now I wish I didnt have that 10 coin limit, plus I couldnt purchase more because it was my first purchase, so they make you wait until its complete. Sounds pretty fishy.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:21:30 AM

So I want to buy then. I have a ton of fiat heading to Bitstamp to get ready for that day.

So close!

My fiat, was, precisely one week ago, in my bank account, waiting to be debited by COINBASE UNTIL THEY CANCELED MY ORDER DUE TO "HIGH RISK"!

>.>

<,<
Are you serious? Do you know why they flagged you as "high risk" It was ironic I purchased some coin from coinbase when it was around 140 last week. it was pending and literally right before their time was up, the coins were credited..  I actually thought canceling my order would have made good business sense for them, since its almost double. I, too was really afraid of some sort of "issue"..

It would be interesting to know what they would consider high risk.. especially since you have your bank account attached, etc... I wonder how many other sub 150 buys were "canceled"? Im just fortunate that mine went thru just fine.. Now I wish I didnt have that 10 coin limit, plus I couldnt purchase more because it was my first purchase, so they make you wait until its complete. Sounds pretty fishy.

WHY are people buying from Coinbase when they have such low limits and a 30 day waiting period AND a high 1% fee?

Just wire $$ to Bitstamp and buy whatever you want within 24 hours. Come on people! Smiley
geofflosophy

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:47:16 AM

So close!

>.>

<,<
Are you serious? Do you know why they flagged you as "high risk" It was ironic I purchased some coin from coinbase when it was around 140 last week. it was pending and literally right before their time was up, the coins were credited..  I actually thought canceling my order would have made good business sense for them, since its almost double. I, too was really afraid of some sort of "issue"..

WHY are people buying from Coinbase when they have such low limits and a 30 day waiting period AND a high 1% fee?

Just wire $$ to Bitstamp and buy whatever you want within 24 hours. Come on people! Smiley

Because many of us are Tier II so our limits are higher and the buying is instant and 1% is less than the international wire transfer fee on our purchases.
Nemesis

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:48:00 AM

So close!

>.>

<,<

Can US citizens use Carvirtex? Its even lower than Bitstamp
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:49:13 AM

So close!

>.>

<,<

Because many of us are Tier II so our limits are higher and the buying is instant and 1% is less than the international wire transfer fee on our purchases.

Why are you tier II?  1% is less than the international wire transfer. I guess if its really small amounts that would make sense.
geofflosophy

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:01:04 AM

So close!

>.>

<,<

Why are you tier II?  1% is less than the international wire transfer. I guess if its really small amounts that would make sense.

A wire transfer costs $25. That's not including the 0.6% Bitstamp fee on the trade. Coinbase charges 1% + $0.15 for the ACH transfer, and it's instant.

I also don't want my money in Bitstamp. The 24 hour delay means I have to have money in there waiting for a buy opportunity.
Xiaoma

Activity: 133

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:07:27 AM

In this moment just dumping 4k btc would give us 150 on bitstamp, there is no volume...
renaxi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:15:22 AM

I would still be happy if it dropped to 150$. But i did rather like it to hit 400 and stablelize there. Wink

Thylacine

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:53:54 AM

Just made a friendly $50 bet with a mate. Decided to do an over/under on BTC/USD price on 01/JAN/2015 00:00:00

He set the line at $180 and I snap accepted the over. Easiest $50 ever? Or no?  Tongue
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:05:46 AM

Just made a friendly $50 bet with a mate. Decided to do an over/under on BTC/USD price on 01/JAN/2015 00:00:00

He set the line at $180 and I snap accepted the over. Easiest $50 ever? Or no?  Tongue

I guess you could best one 1BTC. Chances of your win are pretty high.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
geofflosophy

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:20:35 PM

He set the line at $180 and I snap accepted the over. Easiest $50 ever? Or no?  Tongue

Super easy $50. The price will be in the 2k range...
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:22:35 PM

It'll hit $270-$280 then drop around $100 before settling again
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:39:50 PM

I got the impression (translation: I shall pull the following out of my arse) that 150 is perhaps the new 100 -- the point at which a substantial part of market thinks that anything below is "cheap coins". 100 provided support several times in the past months, or maybe more accurately: price never remained below 100 for long (except for the final leg of the May/June downtrend). I believe we've left this price segment behind us, i.e. double digits are, major changes in the fundamentals non withstanding, a thing of the past. So the bottom moved up. To somewhere around 150, would be my best bet.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:39:23 PM

Just to safely stay out of the masses sure to bid at $150, I've decided I'm going to put in my buys at $156 (on Bitstamp).

Which seems to have a significantly larger chance of happening again, as of today.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: