Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:20:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eToro scamming people when withdrawing?  (Read 139 times)
Camolin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:17:38 PM

Hey guys,

sadly I have to adress this issue here. On the one side I am looking for advice, maybe someone has experienced the same thing. On the other side I want to give a small peek into eToro support madness.

Here is what happened:

On January 18th I withdrew money from my eToro account to my credit card (which was charged when booking money on my account). In the following I received an automated email stating time, money and payment method (where the money will be sent to). So far so good.
About 2 weeks later, on February 2nd, I still had not received my money. No big deal I thought, they are overwhelmed with new customers. But I opened a ticket, asking how the status was.

Since then, I can assure you, I wrote about 10-15 emails, provided a credit card statement for their "financial department" (which I never heard of again). Until this day, rushing by the 2 month anniversary, I have not received my money, read BS standard mails like "still looking into it". When I write them every week or so, I hardly ever get an answer with the status. Some days ago eToro even deleted my unresolved ticket.
I have screenshots of emails, ticket conversations, withdrawal confirmations etc etc.

If you ask me, I'd speculate that eToro has severe issues either in paying out people or getting their shit together. I mean: I received the confirmation and not the money - but the payment method has stayed the same. Plus: the service and support is terrible at best. They are trying to delay the whole communication, do not provide anything from their own and I hope bet on me writing the whole thing off.

Has anyone dealt with this scam already? How could I procced?
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:51:33 AM

That's crazy, almost poloniex like.

eToro is only a platform that I have seen on ads, not really known for its crypto trades. But apparently the customer support experience with them is not that great either when they're trying to get new customers via advertising.

Thanks for sharing your experience, unfortunately i don't think that they have any official representatives or threads on bitcointalk. That's a huge warning sign as you basically have nobody other than the customer support to ask questions to.

I would suggest to stop using eToro to trade cryptos once you do get your funds out, because it's not actually an exchange. You are trading speculative tokens with high spreads instead of an actual crypto exchanges with real cryptos and lower spreads. They probably don't have any BTC reserves. You can't even withdraw crypto directly, resulting in more fees. Everything seems very shady on their platform. I would avoid for sure.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:59:48 PM

I stopped using eToro 3 years ago,when they refused to approve my ID verification,even though i sent them a perfect copy of my ID.I though myself that if I deposit any money into eToro,there`s a chance that I will never withdraw them back to my bank account.
Like every company with a few million customer accounts,their customer support sucks.
In cases like this ,it would be better if you find some real phone number of one of their representatives and call him.Sending emails and creating tickets won`t work.

babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

I stopped using eToro 3 years ago,when they refused to approve my ID verification,even though i sent them a perfect copy of my ID.I though myself that if I deposit any money into eToro,there`s a chance that I will never withdraw them back to my bank account.
Like every company with a few million customer accounts,their customer support sucks.
In cases like this ,it would be better if you find some real phone number of one of their representatives and call him.Sending emails and creating tickets won`t work.

I had the exact same problem, I wanted to use the site (already some time ago) and send over and over again copies of my ID card but they kept on refusing it. I never got a real reason/explanation why they refused it from their costumer support, so in the end I never used eToro.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:18:21 PM

Sites like this are those giving crypto the bad name because they have the funds they can carry out ads on every platform you visit. I have not used them before but their ads is all over the place  at leader before the ban which has reduced the amount of time I had to see their ads. The moment an exchange platform won't have a review on the forum, I am not using it no matter how beautiful the interface is.

One more reason why there is need for regulation because now, you are at their mercy and by deleting your ticket indicates they were never ready to fulfill their own end of the bargain and there is nothing you can do. But if there had been a regulatory body, there is no way they would do this rubbish that they turn to their way of life. You can only wait and hope they change their mind and credit your account.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:29:05 PM

Sites like this are those giving crypto the bad name because they have the funds they can carry out ads on every platform you visit. I have not used them before but their ads is all over the place  at leader before the ban which has reduced the amount of time I had to see their ads. The moment an exchange platform won't have a review on the forum, I am not using it no matter how beautiful the interface is.

It is therefore not far-fetched why Facebook, Google and now twitter decided to ban crypto ads. Over time, there will be an evolution of the cryptosphere and only genuine crypto companies with innovative products will remain standing.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:47:11 PM

You actually can't withdraw crypto from eToro and yet they market themselves as a crypto exchange. That makes no sense. You're actually just trading bitcoin derivatives without them having any reserves.

How you could proceed is up to you. But I would just keep sending emails to make them know you're not giving up on the case until you actually get your withdrawal. Include in your emails/tickets the withdrawal confirmation as well.

Other than that, you just have to wait. That's why I hate platforms which is not specifically trading crypto but other financial instruments as well. They deal with the banking system way too much and it doesn't end well or efficiently most of the time.

If the withdrawals take so long, they may actually be insolvent. That can't be proven, but you should definitely stop using eToro.

Smiley
Camolin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:42:24 AM

I would suggest to stop using eToro to trade cryptos once you do get your funds out, because it's not actually an exchange.
Believe me, I will.

But I would just keep sending emails to make them know you're not giving up on the case until you actually get your withdrawal. Include in your emails/tickets the withdrawal confirmation as well.

Other than that, you just have to wait. That's why I hate platforms which is not specifically trading crypto but other financial instruments as well. They deal with the banking system way too much and it doesn't end well or efficiently most of the time.

If the withdrawals take so long, they may actually be insolvent. That can't be proven, but you should definitely stop using eToro.

/sign

Today I received an email with an ARN number with which me/my bank shall trace to payment. Why it is me and not them who has to do it and if this is just another way to buy some time, I cannot answer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: