Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that BTC will reach 300$?  (Read 1628 times)
lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:17:45 PM

Eventually yes, but exactly when is impossible to predict!
mzahor

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:36:18 PM

It's deflating currency - there will be many up / downs but overall it will grow. Every 4 years the amount of generated BTC will be - 50%.  If there will be demand, then if will grow for sure
poewerden

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:39:46 PM

It's deflating currency - there will be many up / downs but overall it will grow. Every 4 years the amount of generated BTC will be - 50%.  If there will be demand, then if will grow for sure

Agreed, only if there will be not anti BTC laws. Hopefully freedom will be important for political representation.
Come4Exchange

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 08:40:50 PM

Yes According to its speed it shows it will reach 300 $ soon.  Tongue
Vani

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

I think it is a yes  Smiley
Textplorer

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:43:18 PM

While quite a lot of people seems sure that 300 is a doable limit... i´m not so sure, i think 250 and then people will unload such a large amount of coins that we will be back to around 180 Smiley
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 06:48:00 PM

Agreed, only if there will be not anti BTC laws. Hopefully freedom will be important for political representation.

Anti-BTC laws will work as well as anti-filesharing laws or anti-drug laws or anti-speed laws? Grin

I'd still be bullish even if a few governments ban bitcoin (which they have shown no sign of doing; they just seem to wish to enforce AML/KYC protocol on exchanges/MSBs, especially in the USA), though I could see a short-term panic first.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:50:23 PM

I believe anything is possible, it could even crash to $5.00 if the popularity dies out...

I expect it would raise to atleast $300 or even $500 then it will crash
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 06:54:30 PM

There's no real reason why bitcoin shouldn't be worth four, five or even more digits USD [per BTC], although I don't think the infrastructure as it stands right now - exchanges especially - is nearly robust enough to justify $1000+/BTC (yet). It will take time; the jury remains out as to whether an exchange like Bitstamp will be able to handle the load of sustained serious heavy trading (thousands of BTC daily, regardless of price movements).

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
auth100488

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:12:32 PM

it is not a question of IF but WHEN ...
CryptoCrazy

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:15:15 PM

you have to look at overall averages and not the $30 to $50 spikes up and down, that doesn't mean it's crashing. I believe it will continue to increase as the difficulty rate goes up and also now that it's becoming more mainstream. I think you can still make money on the ups and downs though. People need to start using bitcoins more in their everyday lives and I believe that's what will make the price of bitcoin more stable. The bitcoin ATM Machines that are launched in Vancouver are a very good start in stabilizing bitcoin. Hope to see one soon where I live!
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:26:20 PM

you have to look at overall averages and not the $30 to $50 spikes up and down, that doesn't mean it's crashing. I believe it will continue to increase as the difficulty rate goes up and also now that it's becoming more mainstream. I think you can still make money on the ups and downs though. People need to start using bitcoins more in their everyday lives and I believe that's what will make the price of bitcoin more stable. The bitcoin ATM Machines that are launched in Vancouver are a very good start in stabilizing bitcoin. Hope to see one soon where I live!

The launch of the bitcoin ATMs in Vancouver has caused quite a bit of discussion as of late the office (Work in payments in Canada).  We even had an event a few months ago where one of the main speakers spoke specifically about BTCs to help get the general public more aware of it, how it is created, pros/cons, etc.  It's quite interesting to see how mainstream it has become in the last few months, and these ATMs are the latest thing which should help create some stability in the price.

kingsley

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:54:17 PM

The launch of the bitcoin ATMs in Vancouver has caused quite a bit of discussion as of late the office (Work in payments in Canada).  We even had an event a few months ago where one of the main speakers spoke specifically about BTCs to help get the general public more aware of it, how it is created, pros/cons, etc.  It's quite interesting to see how mainstream it has become in the last few months, and these ATMs are the latest thing which should help create some stability in the price.

If I may jump in, I think wide acceptance of Bitcoin for day-to-day transactions in local contexts e.g. in China or India (or even across large parts of Europe or Africa) will lead to a great demand for Bitcoin. Since the currency has a limit of 21 million BTC the logical thing to happen is that the price of 1BTC will skyrocket and people will eventually use satoshis (100 millionths of a bitcoin) for normal trade. So as long as Bitcoin continues to grow in usage among ordinary people for buying things offline in stores and probably even for salaries and bills, the price of a Bitcoin is guaranteed to rise significantly. 300$ will be trivial at such a time.

Right now 0.01 Bitcoin is around 2$. For say 10 satoshis to be that amount to support millions of users, the full Bitcoin would have to be about 20 million US$  Shocked
Of course this can take years or decades to achieve, but even with a case of 1 million users there's only 21 BTC per head maximum, which would force the price to grow exponentially for a while.
hashcashcow

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:55:25 PM

I really hope so. getting my mining machines in soon. $300 would def help me out.
TickleJR

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:12:11 PM

that would be great!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: