Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Introducing EMOTIQ:Scalable. Private. Natural. (Next-Gen Blockchain)  (Read 850 times)
emma-cooper (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:15:28 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 01:59:12 PM by emma-cooper

Emotiq is a next-generation blockchain with powerful scalability and privacy, combining the latest research in distributed ledger technology (sharding) with an innovative natural-language approach to smart contracts. The project is led by Joel Reymont, the ex-CTO of Aeternity.

Emotiq is pBFT with strong consistency via Collective Signing (CoSi), UTXO, plus scalable bias-resistant distributed randomness via RandHound (also used to for PoS and forming shard groups). It also has confidential transactions and privacy via Bulletproofs (non-interactive zero-knowledge proofs), blockchain checkpointing and compression, plus secure purging of old and spent transactions via MimbleWimble. Furthermore, through Ring, the Emotiq smart contract language, it offers a ground-breaking solution for non-programmers and those obliged to program by necessity, in addition to those who code for a living.

The goal is a blockchain that works for everybody. Scalability is front and center, but so is transaction privacy and the development of novel ways to allow anybody to incorporate a public blockchain into their business or project.

The public TGE has not yet started, but is scheduled for June 15, 2018. KYC required, and US citizens – unless anything dramatic changes – will not be permitted to participate. Whitelist is not yet open, but will be announced through our Telegram channel and on the website (see below).

There is a private sale currently ongoing with a minimum contribution amount of $500K.

Whitepaper: http://emotiq.ch/pdf/WP_Emotiq_1.6.43.pdf

Telegram: http://t.me/emotiq

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Emotiq_AG

Medium: http://medium.com/emotiq

A bounty program will be announced shortly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzkrb

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:23:19 PM

It is written that a new algorithm is used to create the coin. I would like to understand what is his advantage. Your link to white paper does not work, error 404.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:39:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the URL.  Not the greatest start!  Fixed now...

I don't understand your question.  Could you be more specific or (better still) quote the text you're asking about?

Thanks!
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:51:38 PM

Anyway, let me introduce myself.  I'm Emma, and I'm the community manager for Emotiq.  The easiest way to reach me is on Telegram (@anxiolytic).

My goal is not to generate fake hype, but genuine interest in Emotiq.  The last thing crypto needs at the moment is yet another project that loudly proclaims empty or overblown promises, fills its channels with thousands of paid-for followers, buy good review for Emotiq, or do all of those sleazy things that seem to be par for the course in crypto these days.

No, I'm looking to grow our channels with genuine followers, people who are interested in what we're trying to achieve, and people who share the same goals.

Impossible?

I hope not!

So what you'll get from Emotiq is honesty, openness, and clarity.  The project is in its very early stages but it's developing quickly.  The team is great.  The tech is exciting and - we hope - will make Emotiq one of 2018s most successful projects.

So if you're looking for something different, a project that puts the tech front and center, and a team that is in it for the long haul, and a project that isn't remotely interested in anything scammy, then perhaps Emotiq is exactly what you're looking for.
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:58:19 PM

Reserved

Ok, you're going to have to educate me here.  What are you reserving?  Huh
PhDumb

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:20:09 PM

Reserved

Ok, you're going to have to educate me here.  What are you reserving?  Huh

He/she has just reserved a space on the post´s front page for a later pool announcement in case there would be mining. But there is no mining for your blockchain, isn´t it so?

EDIT: There is no native token as of now, only ERC20
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 04:09:57 PM

Ah.

And yes, between the TGE and the launch of the mainnet, the token will be a temporary ERC20 placeholder to give investors some degree of liquidity.  This was chosen because people love to have something they can hold or trade after the TGE, rather than going the Tezos route and giving people nothing but a promise of a token later on.  The actual token will be native EMTQ, running on the Emotiq network, and nothing to do with Ethereum whatsoever.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:14:14 AM

Show me that law where US citizens are slaves and not allowed.

Ps What about usa people?
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:57:52 PM

No law.  Merely widespread uncertainly as to what the SEC plans to do about ICOs and how that will affect the industry.  It's a risk that (as a Swiss company) we're not taking, and it's certainly not unusual for blockchain projects to take this path.

The last thing we want to do is end up defending lawsuits in the US or being fined by the SEC.  There are far better uses for our investors' money than handing it to lawyers or the US government.  As such, we won't be selling EMTQ in the US, nor to anybody under the jurisdiction of the US.

There are ways around this that we can't possibly detect nor prevent, but I'll leave it up to you to figure out what they are.
Samuiel

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:17:31 PM

I agree with you. I also have high hopes for this project. Good luck to the developers.
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Merci beaucoup, Samuiel!

It's a project that is avoiding the silly hype that surrounds most others, instead focusing on actually building something that works and works really well.  While other projects are fiddling around with BS like signature bounties and rewards for signing friends up to Telegram channels, Emotiq is quietly banging out some code.

Emotiq will be one of those projects that enthusiasts have heard about long before the masses, and which will sneak up on the market and surprise it.  Definitely one to carefully watch, because by the time everyone else hears about it, it'll be too late to get in the door.

Emotiq - "Doing Crypto Old-School" (i.e. actually building something useful instead of building hype)  Wink
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:36:26 PM

It has come to my attention that there are already TWO fake EMTQ smart contracts in existence, designed to start scamming people with fake EMTQ tokens. The addresses are below:

0x8e53af35023184a66d23247eac3fca3960a3ec47

0x4049c0222795a3ab800a57d389e556b4a8741112

NEITHER OF THESE ADDRESSES ARE RELATED TO EMOTIQ OR EMTQ. PURCHASING THESE TOKENS WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR ETH.  THE EMTQ PUBLIC TOKEN GENERATION EVENT HAS NOT STARTED YET!

It should go without saying that the only official sources of information about Emotiq or the EMTQ token are directly from Emotiq itself. If you haven't seen the information either on our website (www.emotiq.ch) or as an official announcement on all of our other channels, then treat it as false. There has been no announcement that EMTQ tokens are available.

The team is always happy to confirm or deny rumors. If you want to know whether something is true or not, get in contact with me directly: emma@emotiq.ch.

Be careful out there!
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

https://medium.com/emotiq/emotiq-development-update-28-03-2018-aafbceeac5bd

It’s easy to fall into a pattern of developing behind closed doors, beyond the reach of the unrelenting sun. What can we say? We’re busy.

But we also appreciate the importance of keeping our community up to date — so we’ll be releasing periodic development updates to provide a glimpse of the magic being made, like secretive notes slipped beneath ironclad doors.

Crypto: pairing-based crypto is now available

Emotiq now has pairing-based cryptography (PBC) which relies on libraries by Boneh & Lynn (Stanford), and those developed internally. As a result, we now have short BLS signatures, and the possibility to support hierarchical deterministic wallets, with all the advantages promoted by BIP-32 (but without the security risks). Emotiq can also support more conventional ECC crypto using only one of the two curves involved in PBC pairings.

Consensus: single-pass CoSi signatures with BLS

Emotiq now uses Boneh-Lynn-Shacham (BLS) signatures in collective signing protocol instead of Schnorr signatures, to avoid the double round-trip through the communication tree to aggregate a collective signature.

And planned for the next two weeks…

We are putting together a strawman Emotiq full-node implementation, which will be based on the full stack of our crypto primitives and protocols:

Pair-based cryptography primitives, including support for BLS signatures and PVSS under Bilinear pairings
Enhanced co-signing (CoSi) protocol
Distributed randomness protocol, RandHound, enhanced by using PVSS bilinear pairings
Zero-proof privacy protocol based on Bulletproofs
The full-node software will be packaged and delivered as binary, so anybody courageous enough may explore it on macOS or Linux.

In conclusion…

We’re real busy.
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 12:49:19 PM

An article about Emotiq and zero-knowledge proofs:

https://medium.com/emotiq/why-zero-knowledge-proofs-ede4d0899db6
Kevala

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:50:41 PM

It looks great with interesting ideas behind the project
Gileadorji12

Activity: 110
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:54:14 PM

I like to follow in this project, what is your bounties all about?
Christini

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:08:45 PM

Can anyone take part? Are there any restrictions on citizenship?
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:44:38 AM

I like to follow in this project, what is your bounties all about?

The bounty program is still in the works, but we'll have details soon and will post them here as well as via our website (www.emotiq.ch) and Telegram (@emotiq).
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:59:18 AM

Can anyone take part? Are there any restrictions on citizenship?

The usual restrictions - US will be prohibited (sorry - we know that's a pain in the backside, but the SEC is unpredictable at the moment), and other countries that our lawyers indicate.  We'll release the final list prior to starting the KYC process nearer summertime.
emma-cooper (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:06:19 PM

A little more information on zero-knowledge proofs:

https://medium.com/emotiq/why-zero-knowledge-proofs-ede4d0899db6
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: