Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s happening to today’s ICOs  (Read 440 times)
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:36:21 PM

Imagine having the world’s fastest racing car; you’ve got the keys, you’ve got the license, the registration, the beautiful interior — it’s all there. But here’s the thing, you hardly ever get to drive it - Why? The gas stations don’t accept your money, and the price of gas is in constant flux: one day it’s super cheap, the next it’s worth almost as much as the car itself.

That’s what’s happening to today’s ICOs. They are raising an eye-watering amount of funds (over 1 billion in 2018 alone), but once the funds are in their wallet, it’s incredibly hard to use them in a practical way.

Here are the two critical issues: liquidity and volatility. The former breaks down like this, I raise $1 million in ETH but I can’t use it to pay my rent. The latter, I raise $1 million in ETH but its value could drop drastically in the same afternoon. Now I’m asking myself….

How do I use a store of value (that’s continually fluctuating) to make sure that my two kids have their school fees paid?

Read the whole article: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/what-can-icos-learn-from-the-electrification-of-cars-326ee5a63139
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:10:04 PM

Imagine having the world’s fastest racing car; you’ve got the keys, you’ve got the license, the registration, the beautiful interior — it’s all there. But here’s the thing, you hardly ever get to drive it - Why? The gas stations don’t accept your money, and the price of gas is in constant flux: one day it’s super cheap, the next it’s worth almost as much as the car itself.

That’s what’s happening to today’s ICOs. They are raising an eye-watering amount of funds (over 1 billion in 2018 alone), but once the funds are in their wallet, it’s incredibly hard to use them in a practical way.

Here are the two critical issues: liquidity and volatility. The former breaks down like this, I raise $1 million in ETH but I can’t use it to pay my rent. The latter, I raise $1 million in ETH but its value could drop drastically in the same afternoon. Now I’m asking myself….

How do I use a store of value (that’s continually fluctuating) to make sure that my two kids have their school fees paid?

Read the whole article: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/what-can-icos-learn-from-the-electrification-of-cars-326ee5a63139

Ethereum isn't a store of value and any ICO that accepts Ethereum should be well aware of all the risks that come with it. With that said I think most ICOs hold on to their ETH because most believe it will be worth more in the future.

tot-o

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:46:55 AM

Yes you are right today some coin of an ICO is only worth a can day but when they reach their selling point and have big output then the price is now worth as a house, at the same week the price  can become worth of a pancake, that's why traders have the best position and nice job to keep the coins value every moment to look for best time to buy and sell your coins, I think you can do this for your two kids future.
Alfred V

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:27:58 AM

Yes you are right today some coin of an ICO is only worth a can day but when they reach their selling point and have big output then the price is now worth as a house, at the same week the price  can become worth of a pancake, that's why traders have the best position and nice job to keep the coins value every moment to look for best time to buy and sell your coins, I think you can do this for your two kids future.

This is a very dangerous game you are thinking about. Never depend or even think about depending anyone’s future in crypto at least not yet. The governments couldnt accept the cact that everyone could be rich.. this year we’ll experience heavy regulations towards every edge of our world. So just watch put and hold the money you are happy losing

KitToken                       
                                     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔                                     
▔  Whitepaper  │ TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium │  Announce  ▔
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:22:15 AM

This is the stage that we would need to work out and embrace the reality. Many of the developers has abandoned the projects and they are now using the investors money to enjoyed life with their families. I think it is good government should regulate this in other for us to really have value for our investment.
jeanpierre

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:25:29 AM

This is the stage that we would need to work out and embrace the reality. Many of the developers has abandoned the projects and they are now using the investors money to enjoyed life with their families. I think it is good government should regulate this in other for us to really have value for our investment.

I agree with you, there are too many scam ICO and I hope that in the near future regulators are going to do something about it. I see many ICO with lots of money and they do nothing, no development and no exchange listing

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:36:57 AM

It was abundantly clear that scammers were taking advantage of the hot market and newbie investors and pedling off their rubbish projects as the next best thing. This caused big changes in the real world (KYC, etc.) making it harder for genuine projects and generally more expensive and less rewarding.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

Just check out the solid ICOs (forget about the obvious scams, these are expected in such decentralised techs) with a great team, promising and solid tech.
For example Multiversum, which will add sharding to the traditional blockchain to increase fault tolerance among other benefits.
To me, ETH is the chain with the best investors, team and tech, even with the scaling issues. But this year you will see that other coin ICOs will come out as well challenging this position, making the ICO ecosystem even richer.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:57:18 AM

The market is still immature and volumes are significantly low comparing to traditional financial markets. Crypto currency area has still time to develop. It doesn't happen magically from today to tomorrow. I mostly agree with the article and add that, we should be patient. It will grow in time.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:26:19 AM

The market is still immature and volumes are significantly low comparing to traditional financial markets. Crypto currency area has still time to develop. It doesn't happen magically from today to tomorrow. I mostly agree with the article and add that, we should be patient. It will grow in time.
Certainly will, I'm sure most of the people around crypto knows how to deal with waiting game, investment yet using also the service as payments
currency will be adopted after more countries accept the existence of this chain, we will keep seeing the volatility market and I guess until the time
everything was settled and adoptions cater each project inside the market, then possibility that every quality ico will succeed.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:05:04 AM

In my personal opinion, scam ICO projects are becoming more and more popular in the crypto market. Those who do signature campaigns like us are experiencing a lot of disadvantages. It seems that the ICO is increasingly being exploited and is going down. The future of the ICO and we are really very blind. We can not do anything to help the bounty community. We need solutions from ICO founders.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:13:08 AM

The more scams ICO projects are and we can not find potential projects. I was a signature campaign person and I was scammed a lot. Current status is still no improvement. I am really worried about the ICO and I hope that in the future they will offer better and fairer solutions to fraudulent investors.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:26:20 AM

Mostly ICO's now are scam.. On their first launch you cannot see that they are scammers or fraud, but when the ICO near to end thats the time they will disppear!

burky155

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:36:34 AM

I agree with all of you, goverments need to do something about ICO's.. Nearly %80 of new ICO's goes on the bad way and everyone loosing their Money.. I think it's a big problem and it will get bigger..

kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:53:29 AM

Yes you are right icos are facing hogh volatility issues, couple months back icos like envion raised big amount of funds but eth was trading at all time high of $1400, i hope they cashed out on daily basis otherwise they must be 70% down from ico funds due to big eth correction after their ico.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

Immediately after the ico they should exchange their ethereum for usd as a way to reduce risk because ethereum is really not a store of value.
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:08:48 PM

there are too many scams which just aim to collect money and do nothing, and the whole market is falling these days which lead to new coin price lower than ico price after listing on exchanges, so few people participate in ico now
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:26:58 PM

for me because of the volatility of crypto currencies, i tried converting 20% of my profit from previous investment to fiat to be sure that if ever the prices go down i still have something in my pocket to use in my daily needs. same as using this 20% to reinvest if ever the prices goes in a dip.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:30:33 PM

I'm staying away from literally every ICO. Too many scams and most ICOs get lazy after they get their money and don't work hard enough on development.  I would stick to fair distribution projects or proven cryptos.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

It's true that ICO's are facing hard time to cash-out the funds.

But according to their WP, most of the ICO's need to cash small amounts on some periods. Like to cover development cost, marketing, etc. They don't need to cash 10K ETH at once. Also, I think it's wrong constantly to look after USD value. Crypto projects are selling crypto tokens for crypto coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: