Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 12:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 56% of ICOs fail and it's OK  (Read 551 times)
agga

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:48:48 AM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

So the basic rules with ICOs are very simple:
1. Do the research before you invest
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify
3. Ignore news and HODL

Of course, the news should not be ignored. Well, as it was said above, they should be from reliable sources. In general I agree with the author of the topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andrey755

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:01:44 AM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

3. Ignore news and HODL
It is correct that nothing terrible, in place of these 56% came even more new ones, which can also disappear. The market is a tough competition and if you can not show anything and give a new one you just throw it away.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:12:48 AM

Yes mate,  even with so many icos that are not legit, doing our own research is a good way to hunt those good ico. For example, if many investors are there in that ico, that is a good sign that its good to invest there. But doing your own research is very important mate
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:14:11 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

Of course, the news should not be ignored. Well, as it was said above, they should be from reliable sources. In general I agree with the author of the topic.

This article can be true that's why we need to choose the right ICO because we can see new ICO everyday but we have to use our consciousness to select the correct ICO as anyone can start it with fake credentials to scam new.users by promising huge return on little investment

Am I spamming? Report me!
senopratama

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:17:53 AM

last year the ICO is indeed still a corpulent impressed playfully but for the moment the ICO more serious and proven true in real payments. This is quite a concern and made investors keen to invest in ICO. increasingly in the future, this will make the ICO getting crowded and real projects will be more and more.

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
LightSide

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:23:08 AM

Many big companies with history starting ICO...
SeXy

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:23:52 AM

Most ICOs, like most start-ups, share one problem - a bad idea that nobody needs in the world
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:28:09 AM

How you determine if an ICO "fails" is highly subjective. You are investing in startups that can take years before they really start to get traction. If you are counting ICO's as failures just because it is trading below the price you paid a month after the TGE, I think you may be premature in your judgement. I judge success by how well management are executing their plan and sticking to the timeline.

Geor

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

It is quite normal. Let's see, how many now around the different ICO. Every day their list gets bigger and bigger and what many fall is the norm. So be prepared that a certain percentage of your investment may fall.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:35:22 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL
That number is lower than i expected and it's interesting to see what criteria they used to claim that the ico fail or not, below ico price or something else. I agree that we have to do some research before putting our money into some icos and it's not recommended to go all in on something. But i also think that we also have to read news to position ourself and can prevent loss because of some bad news.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:42:19 AM

What is the defintion of fail? I wouldn't have even thought we had gotten to the stage where startups in Crypto have collapsed. I know many have had no progress, but they are able to string investors along for 12-18 months before abandoning.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:44:29 AM

Right, most angel investors expect some 90% of their investments to fail. 10% they expect 1000%+ returns on. Nothing wrong with 56% failing.
Nalbo

Activity: 869
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:48:18 AM

Not necessarily for everyone. The one investing only on failing ICOs will have a loss and those finding out those gems would be in higher profit. So, it all sums up to the time you spend researching about the company you are investing on. Don't believe just what they show but try to find the facts using other sources about the legitimacy of the info they provide.
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:50:03 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

Most fail due to poor project plans and very unreasonable goals while others were just money grab plots. its true that researching well gives you an upper hand as you get to understand properly what you are dealing with

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
chanpinchen

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:30:51 AM

The crypto community is in desperate need of some form of control, so if the big players in the crypto community can come together and work out with relevant authorities to impose some checks and regulations on new ICO, there should have fewer ICO failures as these requirements would stamp out lots of scams and weak ICO. As a result this will enhance investors' confidence and encourage more investors to crypto market.
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:35:45 AM

Yeah, that's really true. I agree with you. I think it is best to invest in 7-9 ico, because thus risks become even less.

The risk become smaller and have more chance to win because we have more than 1 basket.
If people try this old trick, there is no more people will suicide because of losing in investing.

BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:39:37 AM

Another reason to take into consideration is that a lot of ICOs are scams, and that's why they fail.

So, that's why the % shouldn't scare you.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:40:30 AM

Yeah, that's really true. I agree with you. I think it is best to invest in 7-9 ico, because thus risks become even less.

That is true for investing more and the risk will go down, but the important thing is that there should be more than 50% of the ico projects get successful, or if the percentage is less than 50%, the more you invest in, the more you loss your money, this is a simple math calculation.
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:44:20 AM

The last time I read it was 47% so I guess the failure rate has increased. None the less with the amount of copycat ICOs being launched no shit that these projects are failing. Many ICOs launching currently are nothing but ponzi schemes. One needs to do a thorough research before investing his money in ICOs now a days.

ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

barbooth.bet

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:46:10 AM

Its a nice amount that they are success. Check the forex market 90% of people losing money on forex and this system continue to work.
We are doing great 56% is a nice ratio to keep up developing ICOs until 80% loss

//    __                       
//   / _)_ _ /    _//    / _ _/
//  /(_)(// ()()()//).  ()(- /   https://barbooth.bet First decentralized Barbooth game on Binance Smart Chain!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: