Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 56% of ICOs fail and it's OK  (Read 557 times)
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:42:55 AM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

So the basic rules with ICOs are very simple:
1. Do the research before you invest
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify
3. Ignore news and HODL

I agree. New-born ICOs will oftentimes look like a big failure even after reaching the targeted market cap because usually a few weeks after the ICO, there is a sudden decrease of coin value. But don't judge quickly! I know someone who earned this particular token last October 2017 and he immediately sold it. Guess what, its price as of now is five times its price last October.

chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:47:32 AM

Recently, ICOs are not as good as it was before. This is my opinion. I think there are several trash ICOs as of now, not to mention scam ICOs and such. These unreliable ICOs pose a threat on the crypto investors and may have been contributed to the dump of some coins because less and less investors trust ICOs.

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:18:20 PM

It probably is not such a bad result. This is nothing extraordinary if a lot of them fail. About half of the projects are successful and work. If the project is good and has a team involved, it has a good chance of success.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
maliboom

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:23:44 PM

I really do not think so. There will certainly be a greater selection and will no longer be accepted by the ico scam market. only the best will win
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:28:39 PM

Too easy to start an ico and collect money.
Only the strong can survive.
Synthmental

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

56 I think this is not true, but the fact that more than half is accurate. Just choose a long time to invest. This is your money.
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:48:37 PM

Too easy to start an ico and collect money.
Only the strong can survive.
Currently almost 90% of ICO projects are fraudulent, so requires investors to be able to analyze the market, project development trends and potential of an ICO project. Analysis is important to help you reduce the risk of choosing the wrong project and diversify your investment, not to drop the same egg basket, allocate your funds to many projects. So you will minimize the risk.

D.VAN77

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:55:21 PM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail.

What research? Do you have a link? Publication? Something to back up this claim? I would be really interested to see it.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:07:24 PM

I think 56% are very conservative, there are some projects in the space that the price do not reflect that the project is dead already, if most people know that some of these ICOs are just set up to rape them of their money. The space is now full of scams and we need not to be surprise about these number
Sivainvest

Activity: 378
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:11:49 PM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

3. Ignore news and HODL
great words. even 56% is very big percentage. That means that most of startups, even if they are weak (those 90%) do good preparation before ICO and investors believe in them. This is very good.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

This assertion should be taken with pinch of salt!  2017 ICO are not even taken  off yet.  One year is so short for you to make proper assessment of any start up.  The downside of open industry of cryptocurrency is ridiculous opinion and unfounded assertions!
I am sure he is not making any assertion and just stating some real life fact. It is the truth, it is not all startups that always end up well, so it is best we fact the fact here. On a normal day, some will fail and some will do well. Nevertheless, it is abnormal for a working developer most especially in this world not to get the product out there and get it doing well. If for any reason a company end up failing, the team is always at fault and which is the reason I make sure I do not leave my investment in the wrong hands.

Obviously, even Vitalik mentioned about failures of ICO sometime last year, that not all ICO should be expected to go on well as planned and that is normal, considering that even in real life, startups fail. However, this is the main reason why investors always try as much as possible to invest in a team they can at least believe in and expect that they should at least try as much as possible to their best to give them the best as an investor.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:57:31 PM

Yeah, that's really true. I agree with you. I think it is best to invest in 7-9 ico, because thus risks become even less.
Yeah it is, but we also have to understand that it is always hard for a hard working team to fail. I know there are some times that we may not see some real life stuffs coming, but we also have to expect that no matter what, every team that have some experience and some achievement in the past will always want to make sure that they do not tarnish that which is the main reason I invest in a team most of the time coupled with the product.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:14:30 PM

Recently, ICOs are not as good as it was before. This is my opinion. I think there are several trash ICOs as of now, not to mention scam ICOs and such. These unreliable ICOs pose a threat on the crypto investors and may have been contributed to the dump of some coins because less and less investors trust ICOs.
Trash ICOs actually evaded the whole crypto space but the investors also have a lot of role to play in that aspect as most people stopped looking out for good projects but a quick way to make money. Nevertheless, the likelihood of seeing a real project not making some waves and sustainable value in the long run is always rare because as long as that is intact, the product will always be useful and that is what would make it work.
ukiert

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:19:18 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL

I agree. New-born ICOs will oftentimes look like a big failure even after reaching the targeted market cap because usually a few weeks after the ICO, there is a sudden decrease of coin value. But don't judge quickly! I know someone who earned this particular token last October 2017 and he immediately sold it. Guess what, its price as of now is five times its price last October.
If you think I am indeed gan the longer we keep the coin it will come but also ride in a few months this price is also getting down and cheap gan
ukiert

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:27:30 PM

Trash ICOs actually evaded the whole crypto space but the investors also have a lot of role to play in that aspect as most people stopped looking out for good projects but a quick way to make money. Nevertheless, the likelihood of seeing a real project not making some waves and sustainable value in the long run is always rare because as long as that is intact, the product will always be useful and that is what would make it work.

Yes it could be just the heck it all depends with the forefront of gan also we got to know each job so it will be able to work together for the success of all the projects that we hold the appropriate expectations and could penetrate harcap.
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:37:42 PM

This has to be one of the most idiotic thing shared by someone. Ignore the news? You must be kidding me. If you don't know than let me tell you that most of the ICOs currently are nothing but scams. And by ignoring the only way through which you will find out if a ICO is scam or not you are just closing your eyes.
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:49:40 PM

I think that is a normal %. ICO are not like IPOs that there are already a running project. Sometimes there are miscalculations in the plan that the project is not feasible to launch.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
MattLawson48

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:52:12 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I think 56% is the lowest projection I've every seen. I would take nearly 50/50 odds all day long.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

It is really difficult for both ICO companies and investors because it is not easy to pick out a good one from all the different choices out there. One of the important factors to ensure it is not a scam is for the company to have public and transparent details about the staff. Youtube interviews and photos at conferences will help with this regard

ruzadovec

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

Before investing in ICO we should learn about the projects. I think the same amount of money I will invest 5-6 projects if a project fails I will get money back by other projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: