Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:37:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Security or Utility tokens  (Read 118 times)
otandelapaz (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:49:30 PM

There are a lot of ICOs out there that are promising and you can earn from it. Which is ICO is better, the one that provide Security token or the one with Utility token? Which of these two you would likely to earn more?
chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:52:13 PM

I don't know which is likely to earn more, but I would think that the Security token is going to get cracked down harder on especially the ones that are running without the SEC's permission. Only more coins are going to get de-listed off exchanges, Bittrex may have started something big.

rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 08:53:11 PM

Security token is far different than utility token, most are utility tokens due to the regulations. I think security token are better as a investment and may be more profitable as you own real share.
MattLawson48

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:23:43 PM

There are a lot of ICOs out there that are promising and you can earn from it. Which is ICO is better, the one that provide Security token or the one with Utility token? Which of these two you would likely to earn more?

Do research on the Howey Test that is used to determine whether a token is a security or utility. Here is a good article on Medium.
https://medium.com/@bonpay/security-tokens-vs-utility-tokens-1aa7531aabe8

Good luck!
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:55:44 PM

Do research on the Howey Test that is used to determine whether a token is a security or utility. Here is a good article on Medium.
https://medium.com/@bonpay/security-tokens-vs-utility-tokens-1aa7531aabe8

Good luck!

Thanks for the article it's a good read. Security tokens will be cracked down sadly. This is why it's essential for a barterdex independent exchange that isn't controlled by red tape and political mess.

wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:01:45 PM

I think they're two different things. Just hopped on this project that is a utility token with a beta out. Permission-based advertising platform. https://algebraix.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: