Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: made $20 using Profitable trade bot  (Read 4473 times)
supersonic3974

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:06:47 PM

How much capital did you use to make the $20?

When does the time period start/end, does this include mining hardware, time spent programming, hosting, electricity, internet etc.....

With that said; I had some bitcoins and sold some to test the bot and was able to increase my USD amount by $20 over the course of 2 trades after testing while using this bot. 
So you made $0.50 per bitcoin.  Which means you bought about 40 BTC.  Which cost you about $550.  Is this correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charliesheen (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 06:02:15 PM

So you made $0.50 per bitcoin.  Which means you bought about 40 BTC.  Which cost you about $550.  Is this correct?

no.

supersonic3974

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 06:10:11 PM

no.
So how much did you use to trade??
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 06:42:12 PM

I don't understand why this is being called a bot, wouldn't be more like a Scope?

I've been working on a mockup trading interface, similar to this but with a bunch more stuff and options, and I was going to call it a Visor, OmniVisor! xD and another called Anti-Botnic. Anti-botnic would just input chaos all over the place to mess with bots. xD like if you watched clarkmoodys orderbook it would look like a rave or myspace circa 2005. it would pretty much just mess with all the fake orders, it would gauge the time of how long the orders where in and just add and remove orders really fast to highlight the fake ones being pushed by bots.
charliesheen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 07:00:33 PM

I don't understand why this is being called a bot, wouldn't be more like a Scope?

I've been working on a mockup trading interface, similar to this but with a bunch more stuff and options, and I was going to call it a Visor, OmniVisor! xD and another called Anti-Botnic. Anti-botnic would just input chaos all over the place to mess with bots. xD like if you watched clarkmoodys orderbook it would look like a rave or myspace circa 2005. it would pretty much just mess with all the fake orders, it would gauge the time of how long the orders where in and just add and remove orders really fast to highlight the fake ones being pushed by bots.

A scope that a bot checks and the pulls the trigger while pointed at a target of your choosing.

I hope that works out for you, in what language would this be written in?

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:26:55 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2011, 07:48:36 PM by Tasty

A scope that a bot checks and the pulls the trigger while pointed at a target of your choosing.

I hope that works out for you, in what language would this be written in?

I can barely figure out spreadsheets! xD

here is 1st version of anti-bot mockup:
https://i.imgur.com/WQDgx.png

it still needs a lot more thought, it's a mixture of a trading interface with attack options.
Some of the functions need more or a definition.

like for instance "span orders", say you wanted to sell 10 BTC, using span orders, you would break up 10BTC into 100 orders and push everything around, similar to what the bots do.

or "Blink orders", what that would do is take a few minutes of add/rem data and then add/rem the lowest ask and bid to each one. it would make order books wonky, and could possibly be considered DDosing I guess.But then you and everyone else could see what is real and what isn't. could also do this locally too.

I figure we may as well start picking attack vectors, it's exactly what the bots running the exchanges right now are doing. Especially mtgox, the strangehold they have on mt gox is so much the price isn't even close to where it should be, mainly because one or 2 dudes are vampirizing or siphoning off the entire exchange.
charliesheen (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 01:14:38 AM

Seems shitty, have fun, 10 BTC is not enough to make the order book "go wonky"

humanbeingbit

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:30:00 PM

I used this bot and i was able to profit during price changes. It prevents the dark pools and big players from gaming my orders,

first I bought at 13.75 and was then able to sell at 14.25, my orders were not disclosed to the market until there were buyers and sellers ready at these points

http://bitklein.com/bot.php

let me know if anyone has any questions......
Server is unavailable.
Could someone share a copy of the source code?

ponicita

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:03:06 AM

Server is unavailable.
Could someone share a copy of the source code?

You are just six years late  Tongue

The prices they were talking about, 40 bitcoins for $550... I want a time machine  Cry
humanbeingbit

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:03:57 PM

Yep, old good times Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: