Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:36:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Weak Hands explained [P3D]  (Read 12395 times)
ftguy

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:47:35 AM

this just blew my mind.... if im not mistaken there is approximately 800,000 tokens in circulation

each token sold would increment the price down by .0000001

the current price is .0098600

so if i was a big stakeholder and i had 4000 tokens i wanted to sell, then the price should be about .009400 once i sold (0.0098600- [0.0000001 x 4000])

so in the same sense, what if a handful of the largest holders sold.... lets say 25 people, each with 4k tokens went to sell...

thats about 100,000 tokens to be sold, each token takes the price down by .0000001.

now its been a few years since i took calculus and big numbers hurt my brain, but i believe that sale of 100,000 tokens would increment down the price by 0.0100000.

so at todays price of .0098600 ETH.... if 100,000 tokens went up for sale (which is only like 1/8th of the total in circulation).... then the ending price would be 0.0098600 - 0.0100000

that would mean an ending price of (-0.00014 ETH) ....

WHAT AM I GUNNNNA DOOOOOO?Huh.....

now this one i would LOVE to see explained Roll Eyes

I think you are doing linear calculation, price of the coin will increase / decrease for every token so the formula is a little bit more complex than just a multiplication, you can check the source code to see the implementation also do not forget the 10% fees that are deducted.
kmkfan628

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:56:25 AM

...kind of not really necessary unless you want to be hard to track...

wait wait wait can you say that again? so you mean to tell me that measures were put in place, which are not even best practices in coding, in order to obfuscate the identities of those involved? makes you wonder... Huh

not to mention that in the code the "ambassador list" is all nothing but nicknames, and half of them are just a public key with a couple letters i assume are supposed to represent initials.... and we are supposed to just believe that each public key represents an individual. however there is no way whatsoever to actually prove that all these public keys cited in the code are actually controlled by a small group of people or even possibly one person.
kmkfan628

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:42:05 AM

I think you are doing linear calculation, price of the coin will increase / decrease for every token so the formula is a little bit more complex than just a multiplication, you can check the source code to see the implementation also do not forget the 10% fees that are deducted.

so even when i was writing that, it was blowing my mind. i thought to myself i HAVE to be doing this wrong.... but honestly i don't think i did it significantly wrong. i believe that the formula is actually a linear one and not that complex....

i know that there is a difference between the buy and sell prices and i am using the buy price, and rounding, to make things easier to understand. as far as the price i am just using the higher price to give the coin even more of a buffer and a chance. but it doesn't matter because the buy and sell prices are both incremented together by .0000001 either up or down based on purchases and sales.

so if i currently had 12 tokens and i went to sell what would happen? and then lets scale it up to a larger bag holder?

so price starts at .0098600 (again this is the buy price)
sell one token -> now the price is .0098599 and i also lose 10% of the eth that's supposed to be coming to me (however paying that fee and distributing it is all done in ETH and the fee only affects the token price when you reinvest)
now price is .0098599
sell one token -> now the price is .0098598
now sell 10 tokens -> (.0000001 x 10). sooo... (.0098598 - .0000010) = new price of .0098588

then the selling accelerates because less and less new money is coming into the contract
now sell 100 tokens -> (.0000001 x 100). so increment down the price by .0000100 = new price of .0098488
now sell 1000 tokens -> (.0000001 x 1000) so price decreases by .0001000 = new price of .0097488
now sell 10,000 tokens -> (.0000001 x 10,000) so decrease by .0010000 = new price of .0087488
now sell 100,000 tokens -> (.0000001 x 100,000) so decrease by .0100000 = new price of -0.0012512
THAT NEGATIVE IS NOT A TYPO

so in short... at today's numbers the contract can not afford to pay out more than 110,000 of the nearly 800,000 tokens which are currently in circulation before the code  increments the price of the token so low that it is a negative number (and code is LAW! that's how all you fucks are shilling this to people isn't it). realistically it cant go negative it will just go to zero. so where does that leave the people who own the other 700,000 tokens?!?!?!

WAT AM I GUNNNNA DOOOOO?!?!?
funkyfeet

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:12:48 AM

what both of you wrote makes no sense

you guys messed up in your calculations
Ziyi (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 10:17:51 AM

every single coin in the top 100 and hundreds of more beyond that were created with INNOVATION in mind to solve a problem. some coins operate as a utility only token for facilitating micro payments across boarders, or as a transfer of value. other coins are more like a security or a way for a company to raise funds for an ACTUAL project which will have benefits to the community or humankind in general.

Im sure Dogecoin was created with innovation in mind.

ANY coin, this one included, which has a sole purpose of paying off early adopters at the expense of the later investors is absolutely UNETHICAL AND WRONG! and its giving our entire community a bad reputation. let me re-iterate.... this token DOES NOT HAVE A PURPOSE, does not have a use case, doesnt not offer any benefits to the ERC20 platform or the people who buy it other than to specualte on how high you can pump it before getting out. this cannot even be used as a payment mechanism like the most basic cryptos because of the exorbitant fees...

You contradicted yourself in the first two sentinces: Stating a (false)purpose and then stating that it does not have a purpose? I'm not sure if you understand the entire concept of the PoWH. The purpose of the PoWH is to generate passive income for those who hold the token. It wasn't created for the "basic purpose" of a payment system like you claim that every crypto should have. You again contradict yourself by implying that every coin should have an basic payment system. Is that the purpose of security tokens? Are all security tokens no longer valid cryptos? Under certain perspective and assumptions, PoWH can be seen as a security. The Ethereum network is created to provide a platform for computation. PoWH is generating network usage, hell we even clogged the network. How does this not benefit the ERC20 platform? Generating transactions for the miners to mine is not beneficial?

this just blew my mind.... if im not mistaken there is approximately 800,000 tokens in circulation

each token sold would increment the price down by .0000001

the current price is .0098600

so if i was a big stakeholder and i had 4000 tokens i wanted to sell, then the price should be about .009400 once i sold (0.0098600- [0.0000001 x 4000])

so in the same sense, what if a handful of the largest holders sold.... lets say 25 people, each with 4k tokens went to sell...

thats about 100,000 tokens to be sold, each token takes the price down by .0000001.

now its been a few years since i took calculus and big numbers hurt my brain, but i believe that sale of 100,000 tokens would increment down the price by 0.0100000.

so at todays price of .0098600 ETH.... if 100,000 tokens went up for sale (which is only like 1/8th of the total in circulation).... then the ending price would be 0.0098600 - 0.0100000

that would mean an ending price of (-0.00014 ETH) ....

WHAT AM I GUNNNNA DOOOOOO?Huh.....

now this one i would LOVE to see explained Roll Eyes

I really can't believe you actually went through and posted this. It just blows my mind. This just shows how much your brain hurts from math and big and small numbers.

You forgot to add a 7th zero to the price incremental/decremental which multiplied your deductings 10 fold. The fact that you ended up with a negative number should've told you that something is wrong in your calculations. Calculations just interpret token price, not ETH that you will get.

https://gyazo.com/95c2b162933c9ff4325efa004277befc

This is math and programming for highschoolers.

EDIT: You even made the same mistake a second time.
kmkfan628

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 11:30:20 AM by kmkfan628

eh i fucked up when i initially read the contract i looked specifically at the initial price and incremental price and when i first checked it out the numbers are so similar that i wrote down .0000001 for both and didnt even realize i missed the extra zero in the incremental number.

either way doesn't change the scummy nature of this coin and the attention that it has attracted from straight up crooks..... even with a purpose to produce passive income as you stated, that's not the whole picture. its creating passive income by taking the money directly from people who come later than you. if your only good at ripping people off then this is the thing for you! because it doesn't appreciate based on having any actual value, it goes up because of a line of code. in the real market individuals do not have the ability to force a change in the price with their buys and sells, all you can do is ask for a price and if someone else feels its a good deal they buy it. with it not being useful or tradeable for anything other than getting a fraction of your ether back it means that people will have to sell eventually and its always the ones who sell first who get out before it collapses. there is still no case for why the devs and the "ambassadors" should enjoy 10,000% interest, and others should take massive losses when hoping for marginal gains. the people this is targeting are for the most part ignorant of many of the scummiest aspects of this token and being straight up taken advantage of for wanting to get rich quick. this is the same thing bitconnect did... targeted advertising to people who don't fully understand what it is or why its a scam. its just taking from one person and giving it to another for no reason other than greed.

its all good when people are still putting in new money to keep this afloat, but when those 2% and 3%'s go to sell 20,000 tokens at a time the price will tank to a point where any dividends are negligible and you are only able to get back a small percentage of what you put in.

like i said before some people are just lazy crooks and feel like they should be able to take peoples money and get away with it. and to incentivize people to lose their money you offer a negligible dividend and call it "passive income". but because of the way it works the people getting in now have to put in 100,000 to get the same amount of power that someone bought in with 500 bucks in the beginning. the early adopters here are not paving the way for a new platform or technology, they are not developing anything which will change people lives for the better. the whole thing is deceiving and hard to grasp for most people. this is just preying on the FOMO of other people and giving the crypto community's reputation yet another black eye.

everyone should ask themselves what is the motivation behind this token? is it bettering blockchain tech and making it faster? is it facilitating miropayments in africa? does it offer anything of value to the people who buy in? no, the only thing it offers is huge profits for the ambassadors by taking from the ill informed. IT IS A LIE TO PORTRAY THIS AS PRODUCING PASSIVE INCOME FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THE AMBASSADORS, everyone else WILL lose money. either they will just lose their 20% or they will lose all the value of the tokens they bought and have a small amount of eth to console their losses. when you tell people "look over here you made a few dollars in ETH today as dividends!!" then the price collapses because the big and early guys have gotten out and what someone paid 10,000 for is now worth 500 bucks, thats a scam. the dividends have always been negligible and more of a ploy than a real passive income. lets not forget that you have to make back the 20% you lost for buying in first to ever realize any kind of profit, and as with every ponzi its all about timing and once people start to get out for real everyone else will be stuck holding worthless tokens. some people dont mind that they are ripping off other people i guess but it doesnt make it any less wrong.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:16:19 AM

Very nice algo and i know this algo structure is going to be used in too many ponzi schemes.
I am not calling P3D as ponzi but i am sure people will use same scheme to build a ponzi
ftguy

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:07:03 PM

its all good when people are still putting in new money to keep this afloat, but when those 2% and 3%'s go to sell 20,000 tokens at a time the price will tank to a point where any dividends are negligible and you are only able to get back a small percentage of what you put in.

You do not like YT promoters with referral link taking no risk, this is understood and probably most will agree on this but isn't this another debate ? Obviously you did not grasp the whole concept perfectly here, dividends are based on ETH going IN or going OUT of the contract, so your reference that the price will tank so much after 20,000 token sold that any dividends are negligible, well...makes no sense at all imo. 
kmkfan628

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:45:30 PM

You do not like YT promoters with referral link taking no risk, this is understood and probably most will agree on this but isn't this another debate ? Obviously you did not grasp the whole concept perfectly here, dividends are based on ETH going IN or going OUT of the contract, so your reference that the price will tank so much after 20,000 token sold that any dividends are negligible, well...makes no sense at all imo.  

your English is kind of wonky, im not sure what you are trying to say at all right there...i understand how the dividends work. they are done in ETH, not in tokens, unless you choose to reinvest. you can compute exactly what affect you yourself would have on the price if you sold by multiplying the number of tokens by the .00000001. so the point was that you will be sharing the amount of dividends you receive based on how many tokens you have. sure it would be nice to get some dividends, but if a group of people sells a large amount of tokens the price will crash, and not only are you going to lose your 10% from withdrawing but you will also have lost a huge percentage of your initial eth as well.
leeroy.coindeal

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:43:15 PM

your English is kind of wonky, im not sure what you are trying to say at all right there...i understand how the dividends work. they are done in ETH, not in tokens, unless you choose to reinvest. you can compute exactly what affect you yourself would have on the price if you sold by multiplying the number of tokens by the .00000001. so the point was that you will be sharing the amount of dividends you receive based on how many tokens you have. sure it would be nice to get some dividends, but if a group of people sells a large amount of tokens the price will crash, and not only are you going to lose your 10% from withdrawing but you will also have lost a huge percentage of your initial eth as well.

PoWH3D more like an experiemnt/game like some gamechanger solution like Bitconnet were represented. Everyone know that the price will drop to zero when whales are left the game, but everyone speculating when it will happen.
I cannot see any higher risk than most of the shitty ICO's.
Seskjaler

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:50:04 PM

Haha yes, I even got a stuffed animal for it
https://powhstore.com/products/div-the-snek
Kastraore

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:29:27 PM

Hey there fellows.
Its incredible that this coin price doubled in last 3 days. Contract has over 10k eth in it.
If anyone is interested in this although i dont advise it since its a ponzi scheme, you can use my refferal link since i want the money as much as you do:
https://powh.io/?masternode=0xf52faea9dbbe6ae966d6e2e72b0cf97841c70af9 
ftguy

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:19:39 AM

It is a zero sum game like every trading platform of digital assets but this is not our usual scam Ponzi scheme because here, no fake bot, all the math is adding up, profit/loss is based on Demand/Supply, dividends are made out of buy and sell commission, it is sustainable as no minimum dividends are promised, everything is clear and transparent.
Ziyi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:50:47 AM

A much requested feature was a mobile-ready app for P3D. Now there's many ways to achieve this, but considering everyone is using their own wallet of preference on mobile, we had to think of a universal solution that would work accross the board on basically every device. Suffice to say, I'm proud to say we succeeded in that regard. We have succesfully deployed a fool-proof variant of our mobile exchange!

Currently tested & compatible mobile apps

- TrustWallet [Android / iOS]
- Cipher [Android / iOS]
- Mobile firefox with Metamask [Android / iOS]

We are listed as official token in the Trustwallet marketplace, with full scale functionality compatability. You can send, receive and buy P3D with ease. We are also in process of reaching out to the Cipher App developers to have our token and app listed on their marketplace, but that's just a matter of convenience - P3D and the exchange works on Cipher too!

To use the mobile exchange in your favorite mobile app, visit https://mobile.powh.io/

Do note that mobile wallets do not support masternodes as of yet.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:51:27 PM

i realy don't know what to think about these "things" , would it be bad or good for crypto , but the more i watch it , the more i like , maybe time to also put a little amount to try and watch where it will end or not end
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:10:09 PM

The value of each P3D token is determined entirely by the buy and sell activity. Every token purchase increases the price and every sell decreases the price by a marginal amount. However, if there was mass hysteria and every single person sold, the value of the P3D tokens would be significantly reduced which would mean your token holdings would be worth very little Ethereum.
ftguy

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:27:03 AM

The value of each P3D token is determined entirely by the buy and sell activity. Every token purchase increases the price and every sell decreases the price by a marginal amount. However, if there was mass hysteria and every single person sold, the value of the P3D tokens would be significantly reduced which would mean your token holdings would be worth very little Ethereum.

If a simultaneous mass panic sell and only 1 guy is standing on earth, he will receive a huge amount of dividends even if holding only 1 token LOL so this could a strategy to do, buy 1 token and hope for a big crash Wink
Ziyi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:55:05 PM

I will say this, however.

All of you are pioneers in a completely new, disruptive economic field that will undoubtedly come to flourish. This community is the breeding ground, the nurturing womb for the first, true decentralized society and economy. Most of the crypto sector is nothing but unsubstantiated hype, a melting pot of impractical ideas fueled by psychologically manipulative marketing, greed, and deceit. Like it or not, this is the reality of not just crypto but the majority of capitalism at a whole. P3D is the complete opposite of all of that. We offer a complete product right from the bat with utter honesty & transparency. And THAT is the standard for all our releases. No lies. No hype. No waiting. No bullshit. We will disrupt the entire decentralized software & economy sector with what we have in store. Mark my words.

Don't believe me? Hold my beer and watch. Screencap this post and check back in a year.
- Mantso, Lead Dev

https://i.imgur.com/RX1RQeZ.png
cbsecured

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:07:03 AM

Great post! Full PoWH 3D Coin Review here! https://scamorno.com/PoWH-3D-Coin-review/?id=bitcointalk
backdoorkain

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:10:18 AM

If bitconnect reached +400 USD per coin, with a Total Supply of 10,178,799 in about 365 days
Then... P3D with a supply of 1,251,687 will reach +400 * 8.3x (3,300 USD aprox. per coin) in near future!
Mark my words!
 Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: