Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-20] First Hand Chinese News - New Governor of People Bank's of China  (Read 141 times)
ericbai1989 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:56:25 AM

It is reported that the new governor is kind of friendly to the bitcoin.

He stated that he is inspired by bitcoin in running the financial system in 2013.

He was a professor at US Indiana University in 1986.

But my personal understanding is the government will not open the free market for the bitcoin. One possible approach is to open a centralized exchange to list the only selective tokens as a way to encourage innovation.

You may find the most updated information from China and beyond by https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:01:12 PM

He stated that he is inspired by bitcoin in running the financial system in 2013.

But my personal understanding is the government will not open the free market for the bitcoin. One possible approach is to open a centralized exchange to list the only selective tokens as a way to encourage innovation.

You may find the most updated information from China and beyond by https://t.me/oneminute_crypto_news.

It doesn`t matter who is the governor of the people bank`s of China.The PBOC can`t make independent decisions,they are controlled by the chinese commnuist government.He might be inspired by bitcoin,but that doesn`t mean anything.China will continue on it`s way to create a state-backed cryptocurrency.
OP,you are wrong about this.A centralized exchange can`t encourage innovations.Only the free market will lead to faster adoption of the blockchain and crypto technologies.

Benkortan

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:09:43 PM

One guy can't change the whole system. The best example is Obama and Trump. Even there is a big difference between these two the politics remain the same. The system is so powerful that presidents can't change much. NRA or national rifle association is very powerful and they can't change laws much which are related to weapons.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:03:15 PM

For me, this news is for news. As the Governor may reverse the decision of the Chairman of the Communist party of China? Nohow. If he is told by top officials to say that bitcoin is evil he will say it. The Governor can engage in economic activities in the region, but key decisions are taken at a higher level.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:20:16 PM

I am not particularly excited about this news because People's Bank of China can't decide anything alone. They can just provide advisory to the government on the monetary policies but government decides the final outcome. So it holds no significance if the governor of PBOC is crypto friendly or not as he doesn't have decision making power.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: