Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIFFERENCE] INVESTING vs TRADING  (Read 172 times)
zarados (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:27:03 AM

Probably so many think if he invested in cryptocurrency, it means he has been trading too. Yet these two things are very different. Here are the differences of investing and trading according to Warren buffet and Jesse Livermore:

INVESTING (Warren Buffet)
- More concerned with a fundamental analysis ( ratio, cash flow, etc)
- Typically longer term buy and hold
- Much less sensitive to short-term price fluctuations
- Very little commission fees due to infrequent buys and sells
- In the mindset of " Part of the company"

TRADING (Jesse Livermore)
- Technical analysis based ( Chart patterns, indicators, etc)
- shorter term, many more transactions
- sensitive to short-term price fluctuations
- potential for larger returns in the short term
- More paid in commissions due to many transactions

which one are you?
I really appreciate if there is any additional difference between the two.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:04:10 AM

that's true and I think every activity in the crypto world will have its advantages and disadvantages as well as some of the differences you mentioned. But from each of these activities of course with the aim that is to gain profit and I personally prefer this long-term investment activities of course for several reasons and indeed it is. I do not have much time to continue monitoring the movement of crypto market because my busy in the real world because I think the trading activity we do is of course the first thing that is very important is we must have spare time to be able to continue to monitor the movement of crypto market.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:10:02 AM

Probably so many think if he invested in cryptocurrency, it means he has been trading too. Yet these two things are very different. Here are the differences of investing and trading according to Warren buffet and Jesse Livermore:

which one are you?

I do both. I have coins that are for trading and I have coins that I will not sell until it reach a certain price or time to sell it.
It is easier to invest long term on stock as we know there are a lot of data available on stocks. You can really identify what are the blue chip companies, With crypto there are only a few choices that you can be certain that the price will rise over the years. There is not enough data that we can study.

pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:31:14 AM

I've read books and articles like that, I choose both, but I am more into trading let alone daily trade where many of the transactions I do and return fund are also quite big but the loss sometimes exists, I buy some big crypto like bitcoin, bitcoincash or ETH indeed for an investment where I hold it for as long as possible.

preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:54:51 AM

trading: is to sell and buy up to the specified price
investment: is to buy and hold up to a certain period of time
but both of them have in common that is looking for profits from the initial price when buying

DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:00:15 AM

I think to prefer one of them connected with a characteristic of the person. If you are quiet, patient - investing is your way. If you are mobile active - trading.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:33:57 AM

I'm into long term and I'm a typical  longer term buyer and holder so I prefer investing. Before these two in my thought are just the same, there is not that much difference but upon learning more about fundamentals of investing and trading I realized that I was wrong. Trading is more stressful but if you have enough time of doing so you can earn more than enough with it. Sometimes I do day trading when I'm in mood but if the market is collapsing I'll stay with my plan of just holding.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:39:05 AM

I think to prefer one of them connected with a characteristic of the person. If you are quiet, patient - investing is your way. If you are mobile active - trading.

Both of process is before start you invest you currency. Then you start but before start know the both of process. It connect the most the people for more process.

Invest.
Before invest check the price then you invest. price is not easy guess. So before invest check the price everyday then you get more ideas and information. So plan to work and invest.  But if invest wait for the price increase if price is increases sell on time. So time to complete the process.

Trading
Trading also timing process. Trading is connect the all country people . So you connect properly. Before start the trading you know how handle the trading. Trading is not to easy to process. Time is important. So time to complete the transaction. If not complete it affects your account. Trading is connect the other country people. Most of the people use the trading of the exchange.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:48:31 AM

which one are you?
I think you have make a right view on what most of us here think the same. The investment analytical view show that the two are wide different from each other and in forex and stocks trading and investment we really understand this.
Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:39:09 AM

Better’ depends on the individual. Generally, trading demands more attention, time, experience and diligence. You don't keep positions for long time in trading.  Investments normally returns you regular payouts in the form of dividends year after year.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:55:48 AM

You examples are mostly applied  to the traditionsl markets ( like stocks and fores) which is pretty obvious because you are literaly quoting the traditional investors. The part about trading can be applied almost to every market because it is more about analyzing charts then anything else. But the point about investing is completely different from what people do with crypto. The investing that is done in traditional markets require way bigger amount of analysis and calculations while you should know something about the sphere of your company and its product. Comparing to traditional ftuff, Investing into altcoins is just a gambling. Don't think that you are an investor if you've been godling BTC for a year.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:21:10 AM

They may have different definitions but they only lead to one purpose. The goal behind people trading and investing are the same and that is to make a profit, build wealth over existing income. IF I choose between the two I would rather go to trading that is if I have the skills and knowledge about it. Investing will take time, trading can give you daily profit but way too risky if you lose. Well I guess both are risky in any ways.
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:27:40 AM

Every person has their own positive and negative analysis. But I like the evaluation of Jesse Livermore because it gives the best direction in a short time. You and I both want to make a lot of money and look forward to the results as soon as possible, so Jesse Livermore is the best choice.

hualangktsld841

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:38:49 AM

To do business, we need strong data and capital management capabilities, and we need lots of digital currency related expertise. I think most people will deal with it regularly. From the data of last year's big exchanges, there was a lot of active accounts, and there was a bigger increase at the end of last year. But it's hard for ordinary investors to make a profit through a deal. It would be better to invest in bitcoin for a long time, but few people can hold it for a long time.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:19:30 AM

which one are you?
You should add a mindset in the trading for a better comparison. I guess one can say that trading(traders) mostly are in the mindset of getting rich quick or in the mindset of a reseller? I thought of it that way because of short term trading's goal(buy high and sell low) being similar to a reseller's mindset. You should also add a comparison for the potential for returns. I suggest you put potential for massive returns in the long term, but low returns on the short term.
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:31:54 AM

Smiley  Smiley     I'm here for a long term and I'm a typical longer term to buy and an investment manage to get ready before its two .I think the same is not that much difference but when its learned most about a fundamentals of investing and trading .I did think that I really mistaken the trading was so stressful but if you had the real time of work so you earned much more than enough with it sometimes I did it on a trading day when I'm in mood but I think the market is collapsing I'll stay along with my plan of just holding .
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:00:08 AM

I do both. I think if we buy and invest it will only get one profit but if I buy and then traded my money and I make withdrawal with dollar for long term, I will get profit 2 times. but what I do is risky because the price can not be read at any time.
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:14:19 AM

Both is benefitting when one have time and money to put in. Investment sometimes are generally of higher values for long term while trading can be of comparatively a lower sum aswell. Also because trading is short term, most people, specially new traders would not like to put in allot of money, as the results are pretty fast and unpredictable, while in investment one is most of the timea assertained that profit will be made, and probably put in more money than compared to trading as investment has a comparatively less risk factor involved.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:24:45 AM

trading: is to sell and buy up to the specified price
investment: is to buy and hold up to a certain period of time
but both of them have in common that is looking for profits from the initial price when buying

I agree, both things are expected to give you profit, but this two has a big difference, both taking a risk but have a different outcome and different process to be made. Trading is just waiting for the right value to sell and right time to buy. But investing is spending your money on an asset to produce more money.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:32:58 AM

Generally what you are doing in cryptocurrency market is trading because not only it is volatile and more profitable in the short term it cryptocurrencies which fundamental analysis is applied are limited. And this cryptocurrencies are tied to companies that their cryptos serves as stocks of their company. So it would make sense if you always buy and sell cryptocurrency rather than hold is in a longer time. You must always take advantage of its volatility.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████