Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO KNOW WHEN THE SITE I ENTERED IS A PHISHING SITE?  (Read 113 times)
marksayson (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 09:22:26 AM

As of now, many sites offering you for example an airdrop of tokens, but not all of them is safe, some of it was prone to phishing attack, in which your account is in grave danger. May i ask, how can i easily detect , that the site i use to visit is a phishing site?

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
zaratustraa

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

The Future of Decentralized Financial Services

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:49:10 AM

As of now, many sites offering you for example an airdrop of tokens, but not all of them is safe, some of it was prone to phishing attack, in which your account is in grave danger. May i ask, how can i easily detect , that the site i use to visit is a phishing site?
Fishing sites, need your personal data ... such as the number and password from your wallet. For example: myetherwaliet  - as you can see in the title only 1 letter is written incorrectly! Therefore, it's better to add https://www.myetherwallet.com/ to your browser's bookmarks.

DarcMatter   The Future of Decentralized Financial Services   Whitepaper
Token Sale   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:53:40 AM

In many ways, you can know if your password, private key, is required by a website.

And you can also know it by opening the "View website information" you will find above the side. Just click on (SECURE) and you will know the website information you entered immediately.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:54:09 AM

Fishing sites, need your personal data ... such as the number and password from your wallet. For example: myetherwaliet  - as you can see in the title only 1 letter is written incorrectly! Therefore, it's better to add https://www.myetherwallet.com/ to your browser's bookmarks.
Yes, it's a good idea to keep a bookmark of myetherwaliet wallet.
Because most of the time there are a lot of fake myetherwaliet addresses, and if you enter a private key, you might get stolen.

ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:44:36 PM

For airdrop just dont put your privatekey, and for site like exchanger you need to do double check and bookmark the right link. Also instal metamask as a double protection.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:45:16 PM

Mostly they use identical domain names that likes exactly as original if you re-check each word you can catch it, secondly the fake ones usually do not have https protocol.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:47:39 PM

You can check these website by finding review on the internet or you can check DDOS of these websites. As I know phishing websites often don't have DDOS secure, it's the easiest way to realize a safe and phishing website Smiley. But for now, when people are much well known about phishing ways, I think phishing website also have DDOS, so finding review on the internet is the best way to find out if it's phishing website or not.

grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:49:03 PM

Always go to sites directly and never click through to them. Never enter your personal information and especially your private keys on a site you don't trust. Always check the URL and look for a lock symbol.

supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

Check the website URL first it looks different from the original then you never have to enter information there o they will copy your details and steal all your funds.Sometime the antivirus of the system also will detect the phishing links so you need to have a good antivirus first of all and never enter your private key any bounty programs.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:54:40 PM

Check the url for suspicious letters like ¡ this and names that are spelled wrong. Don't just give your personal infos and passwords to avoid being phished.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Welhell

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:54:53 PM

If the site is not secure, you should check it before you enter the site. I mean, I don't remember the name, but you can find it on google, you can check for viruses on the sites. There are 20 or more antivirus program and you can judge whether or not they are viruses.
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:56:37 PM

If you don't know how to spot phishing site, maybe you will when someone steal coins from your wallet, then you will be sure that you have entered phishing site.

There are two indicators that site is phishing site:

1) Very similar link, difference in character or two
2) No SSL protection
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: