Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:54:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Projects using "ANN thread bumping services" and how to stop them?  (Read 205 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:36:51 AM
Merited by qwk (1), TheUltraElite (1)

Reporting the ICO bumper accounts is not so efficient, since the procedure of creating new accounts is so easy and many bots are doing it already.
There where I come from we have a saying - To deal with the beast you have to chop his head off.
So to deal with all those accounts we have to go a little bit higher, we have to deal with the purchaser of the service. If there are more strict rules for those scammers (for me using such service means that you are doing some monkey business).
So instead of wasting time and energy let me know what to do to be more efficient?

Maybe little off topic but.
What about the projects and ANN threads that are actually paying for this service, we have to report them too?
For example on this page all the comments are from ICO bumpers.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2720181.3500
20 accounts on this page only.
Checking some of the accounts I see also another projects that are using this service.

Here are 17 accounts bumping the following ANNs:
[ANN] [ICO] SCRINIUM🔥 The future of portfolio investment
🚀[ANN] [ICO & BOUNTY] Edgecoin Education Revolution
[ANN] FLUENCE.AI – A Decentralized Database Network for Decentralized Internet
ID                                                                                       Name
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1336048    Reduncecarel
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1336070   Inellynelint

~snip full list in the original comment~

I can probably list many more ANNs and couple of hundred accounts doing this. What will be the consequences then?

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:39:32 AM

I don't know if it sounds practical but if I had to come with a rule to stop this - I would simply want those threads moved to trashcan with a warning to not use ICOBumping services.However,an ICO can create a new thread but as soon as thread bumping is reported,they will be instantly moved to trashcan.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

I don't know if it sounds practical but if I had to come with a rule to stop this - I would simply want those threads moved to trashcan with a warning to not use ICOBumping services.However,an ICO can create a new thread but as soon as thread bumping is reported,they will be instantly moved to trashcan.

I do agree but since there are no defined rules for this I guess we have to make new ones or just let them be like now.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:52:05 PM

I don't know if it sounds practical but if I had to come with a rule to stop this - I would simply want those threads moved to trashcan
move to trashcan
+ ban thread starter
+ ban bumpers

Hang 'em high!

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:08:26 PM

move to trashcan
+ ban thread starter
+ ban bumpers

Hang 'em high!

I would love to see it done, but in the mean time I have to know what to do. Now I list the bumpers in Joel_Jantsen's thread in hope to get them banned. I will start listing also the Projects using this service for further consideration.

This can also be a bit tricky, because if you want to ruin someone's else project then hiring a squad of bumpers can easily take down your competitors or the ones you don't like.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

OP can post them here - ICO SPAMMERS EXPOSED --> NEW SELF-MODERATED THREAD

All the bumpers/those who were running this bumping service did get negative ratings. I am sure they got banned as well - because there is still no method to check whether a member is banned or not by regular members, mods can do that for us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:52:27 PM

OP can post them here - ICO SPAMMERS EXPOSED --> NEW SELF-MODERATED THREAD

All the bumpers/those who were running this bumping service did get negative ratings. I am sure they got banned as well - because there is still no method to check whether a member is banned or not by regular members, mods can do that for us.

Thanks for this, I was asking what to do with the ANN threads, because this is also an issue.

Regarding the ban, you can actually check yourself, thanks to Vod.

Hello folks,

I there a way to check if someone is banned? I'm reporting a some ICO pumpers but I don't know if they are already banned.
Don't want to waste time on already reported accounts.
TY.

BPIP parses the modlog and keeps track on who has been autobanned and nuked, as well as how many threads/replies have been deleted.

example:
http://dev.martinlawrence.ca/bpip/profile.aspx?p=Ido_Liberdy

I just have the most recent info in there, but a friend is sending me some historical data I hope to populate this week.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: