Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Beware – Social Media On Blockchain Could Eat Your Platform  (Read 102 times)
VenturaBro (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:58:37 AM

Imagine the possibilities and the new application for blockchain - https://ethereumworldnews.com/facebook-beware-social-media-on-blockchain-could-eat-your-platform/

On the other hand, I really doubt such a thing would happen soon to kill FB like that but I HOPE so anyway.

What do you think? Is new social media guaranteed through blockchain? Will it kill FB?
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:18:41 AM

Facebook i believe really need to put some new measures in place if the want to continue to remain relevant. By integrating blockchain into its system of operation will go a pong way to foster more of its use and growth. Imagine the operation of Steemit. Steemit seem to gradually take the place of Facebook. A time will come that it will become the most populous social media platform if care is not taken and what is the main secret behind it? It is simply blockchain.
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:32:06 AM

Facebook i believe really need to put some new measures in place if the want to continue to remain relevant. By integrating blockchain into its system of operation will go a pong way to foster more of its use and growth. Imagine the operation of Steemit. Steemit seem to gradually take the place of Facebook. A time will come that it will become the most populous social media platform if care is not taken and what is the main secret behind it? It is simply blockchain.

Well things aren't looking so good for FB right now - https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/20/facebook-data-cambridge-analytica-sandy-parakilas

and a lot of people are deleting their accounts too, so it might happen sooner than expected. Grin

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

Akasha is going to destroy all known social media. Its going to change the world same as ethereum and this will be the new world order for social media.
They are earning money from users and not sharing the profits. Akasha is coming to change the world.
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:36:59 AM

It will take quite some time for that to happen as most persons have only just heard about cryptocurrency and do not really understand how it works.Steemit for example has been doing a great job but it is still not mainstream.I hope cryptocurrency grows to that stage where it can actually affect facebook and spread the money among content creators rather than being directed to a small group of persons
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:43:01 AM

Akasha is going to destroy all known social media. Its going to change the world same as ethereum and this will be the new world order for social media.
They are earning money from users and not sharing the profits. Akasha is coming to change the world.

That is very interesting.Is it currently doing token sale/ ICO?
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:57:56 AM

Imagine the possibilities and the new application for blockchain - https://ethereumworldnews.com/facebook-beware-social-media-on-blockchain-could-eat-your-platform/

On the other hand, I really doubt such a thing would happen soon to kill FB like that but I HOPE so anyway.

What do you think? Is new social media guaranteed through blockchain? Will it kill FB?
It's possible, now that they are banning anything related to Cryptocurrency soon the community could create a facebook like a community to compete with facebook we have a very active forum and a strong community that revolves around cryptocurrency so the possibility is not remote.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1161
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:18:47 AM

Why should we be dogmatic about this? If Facebook has not prepare itself for the Blockchain invention, it wouldn't have air it out. And for the fact that they are being legitimately required to explain their notion does not crystallize their existence. I feel we should encourage Facebook to put in more effort in other to achieve this other than be a part to condemn it since it is one of the largest and strongest social media propagating crptocurrencies in different levels to the world.
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:18:23 PM

The power of FB is not the software, you could buy a cloned script for few hundred bugs. The power is in the user base.

The mass users are far away fro the knowledge of how to use crypto. Unfortunately nobody will move FB from it's spot.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 12:25:29 PM

Personally I don't know what people expect when you use a platform as big as facebook free of charge, you are not paying directly but you pay with you data, ones history on the internet is not safe as long as you use this platoform including Google, I believe Google is even worse because 100% of their revenue is from ads

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:25:12 PM

Its a really well-written article, thanks for sharing. As for facebook and the dilemma quoted therein, its not something that fb users or any online users, are not aware of. The moment an alternative comes in the picture, the chinks seem glaringly obvious and unpalatable. Facebook is quite equipped to take care of an acceptable anomaly so far.
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:51:01 PM

Lets not gloss over the fact that Mark Zuckerberg is looking to sell a huge % of his holdings of Facebook in the next year. That was the main reason for that drop in share price I believe, because when the owner no longer wants to hodl stock you know you are in for a baaaad time.

aceptamosbitcoin2

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:33:31 PM

The power of FB is not the software, you could buy a cloned script for few hundred bugs. The power is in the user base.

The mass users are far away fro the knowledge of how to use crypto. Unfortunately nobody will move FB from it's spot.

ATTENTION

the user aceptamosbitcoin
is using my account without permission, is a troll

ignoring their lies and links are a scam

I spent a few weeks without entering the forum, and when this user came in I stole the account. I am with messages to the owners of the forum but I have no way to have an answer.

deliver my now liar account
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: