Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US President Donald Trump Bans Venezuelan’s Petro Cryptocurrency  (Read 68 times)
coinpediaJordan (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:37:29 AM

On Monday, President of America, Donald Trump sanctioned an executive order to prohibit the purchase of Petro, Venezuela’s new national cryptocurrency by the American citizen or by anyone inside a US province.
Check out here: Petro Cryptocurrency Bans
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

This is an unsurprising move by the US government. A country that is found engaging in some misconducts does not have the right ground and might not have the right backing, to engage in any form of financial dealings with people. It is a good move though and this does not mean that the US citizens and resident in the US have been banned totally from engaging in cryptocurrency with people and other countries apart from Venezuela.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:54:32 AM

this is not a surprise for me too. US never be friendly to Venezuela and never going to be.
Petro is a nice coin an i am a big fan of them. by the way i don't like trump lol Smiley
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:04:23 AM

On Monday, President of America, Donald Trump sanctioned an executive order to prohibit the purchase of Petro, Venezuela’s new national cryptocurrency by the American citizen or by anyone inside a US province.
Check out here: Petro Cryptocurrency Bans

that is not really surprising, is it? It has nothing to do with cryptocurrency itself, it's caused by the ban of US on everything Venezuelan. I'm not sure sponsoring Venezuela through crypto is good way either to be honest, as people are being seriously oppressed by the authorities in this country.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

This is not surprising, because venezuela's oil token issue is to avoid the U.S. sanctions against the country's economy, the United States must be banned from national to buy the tokens, or it will make economic sanctions fail.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:13:00 AM

The USA taking a hard line on anything Venezuelan is not remotely unexpected. Any country with a left-leaning government will expect to be opposed by the US.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: