Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Etherium?  (Read 560 times)
chillitabit

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:16:41 PM

I know it is an old topic. However, I would like to get some more fresh insights after the recent deep from experts and holders of both Bitcoin and Etherium. I have a little bit of both. However, I am hesitant with enlarging further my Bitcoin or Etherium portfolio. My brain says, Bitcoin will stay #1 for a minimum of few years. My heart says Etherium should grow significantly and finally overcome Bitcoun in the upcoming years. Not sure which one to chose as a long-term investment.

I would say both. Ethereum is different platform than bitcoin, however bitcoin was first and as long as cryptocurrencies will be around bitcoin will surely have a value
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:17:03 PM

yes, no problem, because you are making the same topic, but essence and condition are different.

I understand that you are in doubt choosing a decision between bitcoin and ETH, especially when the market conditions are unstable.

but, if your choice for long-term investment, I think bitcoin is a good choice.

but if you choose to trade, then ETH can be your choice, because ETH has a high selling power in the market.

Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:24:26 PM

I think bitcoin is more suitable for long-term holding, because bitcoin is recognized by various countries, and in the long run, bitcoin is more valuable, so I'm more optimistic about bitcoin.

nara1892

Activity: 1596
Merit: 660

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:37:03 PM

I know it is an old topic. However, I would like to get some more fresh insights after the recent deep from experts and holders of both Bitcoin and Etherium. I have a little bit of both. However, I am hesitant with enlarging further my Bitcoin or Etherium portfolio. My brain says, Bitcoin will stay #1 for a minimum of few years. My heart says Etherium should grow significantly and finally overcome Bitcoun in the upcoming years. Not sure which one to chose as a long-term investment.

I only have Bitcoin and I think only Bitcoin is the right crypto to invest in it. The reasons are many and they are simple.

Bitcoin has more upside potential
Bitcoin is more widely accepted than Ethereum in many different sites and online stores
Bitcoin is more supported by the crypto community in general
Bitcoin has a limit of 21 million coins while Ethereum has unlimited supply.

Same here. I also have bitcoin only.
However ethereum is faster in the matter of corfirmation speed than bitcoin. And sometimes some people who want to send bitcoin to another exchange quickly, they convert bitcoin to ethereum, send it to another exchange and then convert it back to bitcoin.

And I think there are still many good things of ethereum, but I still prefer bitcoin because it is more accepted here in my country than ethereum. Besides, I find so many bitcoin users here than ethereum users.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:46:14 PM

In my own opinion, the both coins have good fundamentals and good use cases. Bitcoin is the king of all Cryptos and Etherum is the queen of Cryptos.

Moreso, bitcoin has the potentials to grow more than etherum as people see it as a store of value.

In my opinion, I would advice you to hold both coins as they are very good coins to hold for the long term.
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:50:07 PM

Bitcoin is more widespread in its community than ethereum, making it more likely to gain a variety of benefits. But both are good for investment, so just do the enlargement of ownership of both.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 01:52:26 PM

Bitcoin will always be my holdings. I earned a lot of Altcoins like Ethereum or those that are Ethereum based tokens but I will convert them all into Bitcoin. I will never hold Altcoins too long because it isn't that safe. I can't use Ethereum to buy something online or as payments because only Bitcoin is available here in my country as for payment method. If in terms of long term investment go for Bitcoin of course.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:07:48 PM

Still , Ethereum will always be a small shadow of bitcoin , because of the big price margin but both have a significance in long term investment, though bitcoin has advantage in terms of value due to wide range of acceptance in the market but ETH trying to prove of being on the top list of crypto that gives a credit for both of them,
SyrulRamadhan

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

I think 60% for bitcoin and 40% for ethereum because bitcoin is the main coin so investment is very good, but ethereum is also a big coin which I think both are good coins for investment.
Jimile

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:11:21 PM

I believe that it is necessary to invest in bitcoin. Ethereum will never catch up and surpass bitcoin
sangtuosimino

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:12:51 PM

This is really an old topic, and from my own point of view, I will be more willing to choose bitcoin. Because I'm just an ordinary investor, I'd prefer to see the value of the product, and there's no doubt that bitcoin is more valuable than Etherium. Maybe a few years or decades later, more and more people are using Etherium. There are more ways for companies to accept Etherium. But I think bitcoin will always be the king, unless the encrypted currency community has disappeared.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:16:07 PM

The answer dude will still be both. The oracle of Omaha couldn't be more right when he said never put all your eggs in a basket in financial business. Just because the price of bitcoin is beginning to fall doesn't mean it will not recover. Infact with the fall, any wise investor will see the window to buy more bitcoin and hodl.

sagybtc

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:18:25 PM

Both are good options.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:19:36 PM

Diversify your portfolio. Never put your eggs in one basket. Having both the cryptocurrency king and queen is a sound investment.

sherwinaze

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:23:59 PM

Both of them is really good to invest in longterm  bitcoin is on the top  end etherium is the second place high value in the market i think bitcoin never been replace by etherium..
illusion_ishita

Activity: 376

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:27:19 PM

According tome i will go for BTC because it is best.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:37:34 PM

Why choose if you can do both long-term investment? They have both different aspect bitcoin as no. 1 crypto currency and etherium is doing good also. Hold both and see how it will grow .
lunatics14

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:38:30 PM

I only have Bitcoin and I think only Bitcoin is the right crypto to invest in it. The reasons are many and they are simple.

Bitcoin has more upside potential
Bitcoin is more widely accepted than Ethereum in many different sites and online stores
Bitcoin is more supported by the crypto community in general
Bitcoin has a limit of 21 million coins while Ethereum has unlimited supply.
Thanks for your wonderful explanation regarding the difference of Bitcoin and Etherium. Now, i was enlighten of which I should invest more. Good thing there is a thread like this that can help people to understand more cryptocurrency.
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

The etherium rises in price and does not jump so much as bitcoin will be stable in price then it will already be bitcoin again in first place
I do not think so. There are many people who prefer ETH than bitcoin and ETH has much features better BTC

reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:44:52 PM

If you have any indecision then i told you can chose both coin because there is no doubt about both 2 coin. For long term investment you can chose Btc. i think its all depends on you.

for me, I prefer to choose bitcoin even though the market price decreases but still bitcoin is on the top selling and buying of all cryptocurrency. Bitcoin started since 2009 and  with the current market cap of 319 billion dollar while Ethereum started since 2013 and with current market cap of 70 billion dollar.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: