Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:29:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Store encrypted files into blockchain?  (Read 117 times)
BitcoinArsenal (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:24:22 PM

I have some sensitive data files. I used encrypted cloud storage solution (like Google cloud) in the past to store the data but I want to switch to a blockchain solution. I did some research but could not really find a solution. That is why I am asking. Is there a trusty file storage blockchain solution where I can securely store and edit data?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:44:26 PM

Don't know if it is trustworthy just yet but there a couple of coins and tokens undertaking the decentralized storage aspect. Those include but are not limited to Siacoin, FileCoin, and Storj. There possibly are others but these are the few I know right now.

shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 04:46:45 PM

Have you take a look on Storj and MaidSafe, they both store data by using with erasure coding , so  that files are split apart and distributed across many servers. As far as I know, Storj already offered their storage service on blockchain, price is just 0.015$/gb/month: https://storj.io/
BitcoinArsenal (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:35:52 PM

Have you take a look on Storj and MaidSafe, they both store data by using with erasure coding , so  that files are split apart and distributed across many servers. As far as I know, Storj already offered their storage service on blockchain, price is just 0.015$/gb/month: https://storj.io/

Thanks, Storj sounds interesting. Are data encrypted on the blockchain or are they stored plain? Secure encryption is a must for me.

Edit: Signups on Storj.io are not possible at the moment due to extreme demand.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:58:02 AM
Merited by BitcoinArsenal (1)

Thanks, Storj sounds interesting. Are data encrypted on the blockchain or are they stored plain? Secure encryption is a must for me.

Edit: Signups on Storj.io are not possible at the moment due to extreme demand.

Your data will be encrypted on the Storj's blockchain, end-to-end encrypted. With Storj, only you have access to your data but as your data is moved to blockchain, I dont think you could edit it which is the function you desired to have. Btw, as I know, Filecoin is also going to provides the same service as Storj.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:07:14 AM

The meaning of blockchain is that many people run the same blockchain to ensure it won't be changed by any malevolent. That file would be so large, that everyone who wanted to run it should have a very large hard disk capacity. I don't think that it is possible. However, a blockchain could probably store an address to a specific file, so you should have a personal key to get that address, but I'm not sure if it is practical or not.

I have some sensitive data files. I used encrypted cloud storage solution (like Google cloud) in the past to store the data but I want to switch to a blockchain solution. I did some research but could not really find a solution. That is why I am asking. Is there a trusty file storage blockchain solution where I can securely store and edit data?
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:12:40 AM

Blockchain based encrypted storage are already getting the momentum.
A new fancy one X Files have really attractive GUI and price and service.
https://internxt.io
https://internxt.io/cloud

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:16:43 PM

There are quite some that are appealing to me. I don't know about you though because I do not know what you are looking for or what your standards are for these type of things. But for me, some are really great and really does the job well. Which is why I have taken note of them just in case I would need that kind of service anytime in the future. I have found them by research, I do not understand why you didn't but anyways, most of the service providers I know have been mentioned already so you can go and take a look at them. Just a tip, if you can't find it in google, try using duckduckgo, I find it pretty convenient when I can't find something on google. Good luck man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: