Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are MOST IMPORTANT things for you in ICO? (before you invest)
Innovativeness of project - 19 (18.3%)
Token Rights - 4 (3.8%)
Clarity of the white paper - 19 (18.3%)
Hard Cap/ Soft Cap - 8 (7.7%)
Percentage of tokens for the team - 2 (1.9%)
Team Background - 26 (25%)
Reputable Advisors - 7 (6.7%)
Smart Contract made public - 3 (2.9%)
Smart contract audited - 0 (0%)
Ratings on ICO rating websites - 4 (3.8%)
Number of followers on social media - 4 (3.8%)
Number of commits on Github - 1 (1%)
Presence of escrow - 3 (2.9%)
Plans to list token on a particular exchange - 4 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are 3 MOST IMPORTANT things for you in ICO? (before you invest)  (Read 430 times)
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:05:20 AM

of all the things you mentioned is pretty clear that all have an important aspect before we start an investment activity on ICO but I just want to add some important things to do investors before making the first investment is Find out whether the team from ICO has a good experience and likewise is Try to understand the atmosphere in society by looking at the size of the community and its activities as you say that is about the number of followers in social media.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:17:49 AM

Planning to list the project on the exchange is the major things I look for before investing on any project . The teams that is behind the projects and the advisory board are the second things I look in a project before invest in it. The third thing I think I do look at before investing into ico or any project is how the project is published on social media and bitcointalk.
veejay2716

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:27:51 AM

For me, we have to consider the innovativeness of the project, team background and the token rights that is the top 3 for me but actually we have to gain more information before we invest in one ICO project.
Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:57:21 AM

For me, we have to consider the innovativeness of the project, team background and the token rights that is the top 3 for me but actually we have to gain more information before we invest in one ICO project.

Do you review or are you able to review a smart contract?
Christtim

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:58:06 AM

I feel the marketing & promotion is more important zero fees for community growth and sustained usability of an altcoin.Website is: https://marineco.inMore details here  Yes 100 percent free no strings attached.  Marinecoin is an extremely fast coin that is eco- friendly and dev=less. mtc will be controlled by artificial iot intellgience and will be a real force in the crypto markets in the future.  https://marineco.in It is a time tested mtc network. Marinecoins block chain is 500% faster that Bitcoin community .
chakhigh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:05:46 AM

The whitepaper first, the roadmap second and the team third.. But that's not all! If they have a working or preview product version, then it is good ico.. Because, we wanna test the idea before investing!

For example I like Amon ico for it has a clear roadmap, a product preview and solid team. Amon combines the artificial intelligence with the crypto wallet and debit card too: https://amon.tech

liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:09:39 AM

In my opinion, the white paper is the most critical one, and you can clearly know the plan of the team through the white paper.
However, it is another important factor that gtihub's code is open source, because the source code can see the quality of the code.

Jizel

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:00:29 AM

What I usually pay attention to: the team, the rating, what the project is, in which direction they will work, the availability of the vaypayper and roadmap, on which exchanges they want to leaf their tokens.
shvetseu

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:31:58 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering what you look at when investing in ICOs and what you find the most important. Let me know I am curious to see.

First of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the product or service of the project itself, this is very important if the product can be in demand, then you can study the team and plans for the development of the project.
SuperP

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:34:10 AM

1. Community (what people say about this project)
2. Team (social media)
3. Listing
 Roll Eyes
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:40:22 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering what you look at when investing in ICOs and what you find the most important. Let me know I am curious to see.

I think in project is very important existence smart contract, which spelled out a soft cap and a hard cap. I also assess the possibility of implementing the idea by the team.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:38:26 AM

Hi all,

Before investing in ICO, I pay attention to a smart contract. If the project does not have a smart contract, then there are no guarantees for investors.
KondraT

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

★━ Z-POP DREAM ━★

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:23:08 PM

The most important things: this is a team, if there are no people among them who worked with large projects, I immediately refuse. Then there is the idea, if the world needs it and you think it will move well, then we go further. Here is the most important thing, you have to evaluate the project and compare it with the planned capital. Sometimes some people want too much money (usually Scam) or require too little money, which is not enough even for the promotion.

★━━━━━━★  Z-POP DREAM ★━━━━━━★
★━GROW TALENT,CREATE STAR━★ (https://z-popdream.io/)
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

There are three major things i look out for when it comes to choosing an ICO. If they are cleared in these three major aspects, the project will not just be a promising project, but a successful one.
The first thing i look out for is the innovativeness of a project and not just a project that will say it will make the world a better place. The question is, what value will the project create or add to us.
Second, the white paper must be concise, precise and clear. A technical white paper that does not pass a clear and problem solving message, will not sell well.
Lastly, team background. This is what determines the legibility of the ICO.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

First of all is there a need to for the solutions that the project purported to offer. Can it be done without blockchain? What significant improvement or impact will the project make to the current state of affairs.
Secondly, does it have an MVP?
Thirdly, is the team capable of carrying out the vision and deliver on its promise.
Fourthly, the tokenomics, the overall soft cap and hard cap.

zlt220

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:50:46 PM

Firstly I'd have to know their hardcap/softcap, from that i will know the amount raised so far. Also I'm always concerned about the team background, I will find out how far have they succeeded in their previous projects, then finally to the white paper to know their aim and study their roadmap.
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

I chose team background, percentage of the token and number of followers on social media.
First of all, i can guarantee that a bounty is safe when it is popular.
It means that it has influence with other bounty hunters.
I also consider the percentage that i can get because that is what im here for.
To earn money from those bounties.
And lastly, I like a good team behind them.
To make sure that they are trusworthy.
QCT

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:05:34 PM

The team, the token status and the innovation
Spiero7

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:07:51 PM

As chosen, there are a lot of things I usually consider when its comes to determining a good ICO. However, if I will  pick out my best three so far that will be first; the innovativeness of the project, the team behind the project; their background, success and previous successful feats if anything like that. Lastly I usually consider objectively the chances of hard/soft cap realisation.
yugantarmalhotra

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:17:18 PM

Apart from a lot of things that one should consider before investing in an ICO, the top most important things should be:
  • There is a Prototype/Product
  • Detailed White Paper and Roadmap
  • Team should be capable to do what they claim
  • Smart contract code is public
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: