Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are MOST IMPORTANT things for you in ICO? (before you invest)
Innovativeness of project - 19 (18.3%)
Token Rights - 4 (3.8%)
Clarity of the white paper - 19 (18.3%)
Hard Cap/ Soft Cap - 8 (7.7%)
Percentage of tokens for the team - 2 (1.9%)
Team Background - 26 (25%)
Reputable Advisors - 7 (6.7%)
Smart Contract made public - 3 (2.9%)
Smart contract audited - 0 (0%)
Ratings on ICO rating websites - 4 (3.8%)
Number of followers on social media - 4 (3.8%)
Number of commits on Github - 1 (1%)
Presence of escrow - 3 (2.9%)
Plans to list token on a particular exchange - 4 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are 3 MOST IMPORTANT things for you in ICO? (before you invest)  (Read 428 times)
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:10:21 PM

Project should be something new,the product must be very useful to most of us,the team member should be legit because if not we are going to get scammed by these scam projects,that is why we need to check all of the possible redflags before joining any ICos in the community because most of these new projects are created just to raise funds and eventually going to steal people's money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altsMlk

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:24:39 PM

Innovativeness of project, Clarity of the white paper, and Team Background iis best choices if I can select only 3 of them. But you know these 3 are major points but not enough, We have to consider many options before selecting an ico.

VIVA NETWORK  *** Introducing borderless, peer to peer mortgage crowdlending.
A better way to buy a home!  *** https://www.vivanetwork.org **
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

Team for you to know if the project will turn into a scam because im sure you they wont if they are using their own identity because it is much easier to invest into a project which most of the team members has using their faces thru video,interviews and articles so that you wont be doubting that these people will try to steal investor's money.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:09:06 PM

Team Background is a good start as it shows the individuals that make the team are more than capable to deliver.

Percentage of tokens for the team also helps reduce volatility of coins if they are getting a small percentage and people get to have confidence to..

Plans to list token on a particular exchange does play a role expect sometimes you cant plan for such.
manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:23:05 AM

Minimum viable product.

Team experience and whitepaper.

Idea/goal behind project.

I understand that's more than 3 but there's a lot that goes behind evaluating an ICO and it's never simple. So all in all, it's really a mix of things that make an ICO good and truly stand out.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:57:50 PM

Didn't even vote....

Remember any ICO may later be deemed a security and then considered fraudulent, a lot of these ICOs are distributed so unfairly it undermines the whole point of bitcoin in the first place.

I now see why some are bitcoin maximalist.... seems like there anymore there only a few true crypto currencies that really had a fair and honest launch and distribution.
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:09:50 PM

Most important before ICO is check the project team member background and check the project private/pre-sale progress, I've scam by some ICO before, so I'll wait for them listed on exchange

hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:13:05 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering what you look at when investing in ICOs and what you find the most important. Let me know I am curious to see.

There are many things which are important for selecting the best ICO and investing over there and they are like Innovativeness of project and i would invest in a project which is master in its sector with low or no competition, something which has good value and attract many investors and traders all around the world, something which has good team background and some good trustworthy members supporting it and something with smart contract made public no matter whatever the project status or condition might be.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:20:53 PM

Important for me is always innovation and idea of the project, the whitepaper and the background of the team. My attention is also on the website of the project.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

My basic three guides are whitepaper, how innovative the idea behind the project is, and the background of the team who will work on the project. Other criteria can follow.
musaonliner

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:48:26 PM

3 MOST IMPORTANT things for me.

1.Innovativeness of project

2.Clarity of the white paper

3.Team Background

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering what you look at when investing in ICOs and what you find the most important. Let me know I am curious to see.

Almost all things that are represented here has nothing essential in reality. Because the truth is that projects we a talking about doesn’t exist. This is a phantom on the paper, nothing more. See on team background. This is a core.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:15:51 AM

Hi all,

Almost all things that are represented here has nothing essential in reality. Because the truth is that projects we a talking about doesn’t exist. This is a phantom on the paper, nothing more. See on team background. This is a core.
There are much more indicators that we need to react, but the most important for me are:
1.Strong Team
2.Escrow
3.Alpha version of product

Clay99

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:31:10 AM

Used to go off hype but that is not enough anymore.

Whitepaper, Application (real use) or DApp, Team Members (preferably someone with some social status to pull in people - or a few advisors like this). Ah yes also the competition.. no use jumping in if everyone is doing the same
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:01:37 PM

Hi all,

See how the ICO is advertised. In my opinion, ICO that has been or is being advertised through Google will have a high trust value for investors. Generally, big name ICOs are ready to advertise on Google. Advertising on Google is expensive and costly. Spending large sums of money to advertise their coin project will build the public's view that the owner is really serious about building a business together.
valicvax

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:48:32 AM

Mariencoin will have value in the future because it is a dev-less artificial intelligence coin.  .MTC. is making a return from 2013 because the crypto space has changed a lot since then.  mtc has extremely fast speeds, is eco-friendly, and its a community coin. Once this community of thousands have been established the next goal is likely to see Marinecoín n with the backing of this community to get it adopted into commerce / other larger economies. MarineCoín ecosystem is not dependent on miners, developers or individuals.Details: 
jdkfy

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:33:33 AM

There is no well-known full-time developer on an ICO project team, which is usually a danger signal. If no one in the project management team has vertical market expertise, then it should be more careful.
When looking at a team and its qualifications, platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn are very useful. However, it is worth noting that they are not absolutely reliable because personal data can be forged. If team members claim to have a connection with the university or company, we can review this information through a trusted third-party source (such as a university newspaper or company website).
ICO projects often list their own consultants on the website, and we should also verify the status of these consultants.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:40:31 AM

Basically, I am working for bounty and get free coin but whenever I get to ICO investment then I first look out the Company website if that is HTTPS or not? If, yes then I look for the White paper where I can find all the solution if the company project will viable in the long run. Then I invest 5% of my total funds.
yehor

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:25:37 PM

To invest in ICO, you must understand three basic things:

1. To invest in ICO projects you need to have a crypto currency.
Because basically projects expose the price in the ETH or BTC. Although there are projects that accept and fiat money, but there are fewer.

2. No one will return your investments in case of fraud.
No one gives you guarantees for the return of your investment or the fact that you will definitely earn.

3. It is best to invest in several projects, since not many are successful.
Choose 7-10 projects, this will be enough to catch a successful project.

nanik nasal

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

the most important thing before investing in ico project, are:
1. Team

The initial check to be done is whether the team really exists, too many projects have tried to mislead investors by having a star team. Most ICO sites will have a team page with Linkedin profiles. Do an in-depth study of their experiences to ensure they have knowledge of their respective areas of expertise. The advisory board should provide additional substance and fill gaps in the skills and understanding of team members.

2. Whitepaper

Whitepaper is the standard of every ICO and is usually a very detailed document consisting of:
o Summary and Executive Summary
o Market research and analysis
o Details of products and architecture that have been summarized
o Roadmap and financial forecasts
o Token token structure
It is important that Whitepaper should be read carefully and there are specific questions directed to the management team.

3.Technology / Platform / Currency

Before you invest in an ICO program, surely you have to find out about the technology, platform, and currency they will use in the market. In addition, you should also check the permission of the company, so you will not be deceived. Because, now there are many people who use the lack of public information about ICO to seek a profit. Therefore, you must be careful in determining your investment place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: