Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Mining is profitable for you or not as of first quarter of 2018
Profitable, my rig(s) is paid out alreday - 14 (24.6%)
Profitable, my rig(s) is almost paid out - 7 (12.3%)
Not Profitable, my rig(s) is paid out already - 5 (8.8%)
Not Profitable, my rig(s) is not paid out yet - 6 (10.5%)
Considering to turn off my rig(s) - 3 (5.3%)
Turned off my Rig(s) already - 0 (0%)
Got into mining in 2018 - 6 (10.5%)
Got into mining in 2017 - 7 (12.3%)
Got into mining in 2016 - 4 (7%)
Got into mining in 2015 or earlier - 5 (8.8%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining is profitable for you or not as of first quarter of 2018  (Read 370 times)
xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 05:03:28 PM

Around this days (2018-March) I see a lot of unhappy members here on bitcointalk, lot of them complaining about they reduced profit.
I think mining is still profitable , of course its depend on a lot of factors:
- When you started mining and bought your mining rigs ( gpu/asic ) ?
- Did you already get back the money you invested ?
- How much are you paying for electricity included all taxes ?

Yes any 1080 can be profitable today even if you are making 1$ profit only/day/card and you got your ROI already.
If you bought your 1080 in 2017 November/December or this year then you are in the different situation Smiley You still making money, but your ROI is waaaay much longer, and it will take some time to generating real profit for yourself....
But if you done a deep research about mining, you should know by the time you decided to start buying rigs/asics, mining has it's ups and downs.
Its a risky investment and you should INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU'RE WILLING AND ABLE TO LOSE ! ! INVEST WITH THE UNDERSTANDING , THAT YOU COULD LOSE A LOT !

IN THIS POLL YOU CAN MAKE TWO VOTES PER USER ONE ABOUT PROFITABILITY AND ONE ABOUT WHEN YOU JOINED INTO YOUR MINING ADVENTURES

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:18:46 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 05:40:42 PM by Vann

IMO focusing on daily profitability is a short-sighted and bad metric to determine if mining is profitable. Especially in an emerging and volatile industry such as Crypto.  Investing in blockchain is like investing in a startup. Most startups take YEARS before they make any profit. If all startups focused on was generating revenue right away, most would never even exist. Even by that metric mining is currently still profitable for most and it's a hedge against a market downturn, which is why I think many people mine instead of buying coins directly.
FindExchangeICO

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:31:56 PM

Around this days (2018-March) I see a lot of unhappy members here on bitcointalk, lot of them complaining about they reduced profit.
I think mining is still profitable , of course its depend on a lot of factors:
- When you started mining and bought your mining rigs ( gpu/asic ) ?
- Did you already get back the money you invested ?
- How much are you paying for electricity included all taxes ?

Yes any 1080 can be profitable today even if you are making 1$ profit only/day/card and you got your ROI already.
If you bought your 1080 in 2017 November/December or this year then you are in the different situation Smiley You still making money, but your ROI is waaaay much longer, and it will take some time to generating real profit for yourself....
But if you done a deep research about mining, you should know by the time you decided to start buying rigs/asics, mining has it's ups and downs.
Its a risky investment and you should INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU'RE WILLING AND ABLE TO LOSE ! ! INVEST WITH THE UNDERSTANDING , THAT YOU COULD LOSE A LOT !

IN THIS POLL YOU CAN MAKE TWO VOTES PER USER ONE ABOUT PROFITABILITY AND ONE ABOUT WHEN YOU JOINED INTO YOUR MINING ADVENTURES

Would it be profitable to start to mine now ? hardware is expensive but the prices of coins are down... What is the lowest set-up in terms of price, with high efficiency ?
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:34:26 PM

It's still profitable but you just need to change your thinking to long term and try and accumulate more coins of projects you think have the most potential in terms of adoption, usability and uniqueness.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:38:44 PM

I got some 1080TIs for relatively cheap a few months back and they've made just about everything back already. I have a bit more ground to cover before I'm safely in the profit with my rig or cards, but I have the utmost confidence that I'm going to reach ROI and profit while still having a card to either sell or continue mining on. I have no fears, but everytime I see an abundance of users complaining about profitability I get excited, because I know that mining profits are about to spike up due to people exiting the mining game.
varusisog

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:45:26 PM

It's still profitable but you just need to change your thinking to long term and try and accumulate more coins of projects you think have the most potential in terms of adoption, usability and uniqueness.

I am mining the ZEC, if the price drops another 10%, it is breakeven.
NateDoggETH

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:06:41 PM

I agree with this mind set.

My ultimate focus is on how many coins and I generating each month. The coins I am mining (ETH) is still giving me 1.8-2 ETH/ month so far this year. So at todays lowest price of $550 USD, I still have enough for electric, sell some for mining expenses if needed and to HODL for future profits
EthanB

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:07:38 PM

It's profitable short term, so really either way you look at it you are coming out ahead for mining. I agree though, completely, long-term is a much better approach to investment in general and more specifically crypto. I am never interested in putting money into a project that I do not believe to be innovative or a long-term investment. If the project you are interested in does not provide something unique, meaningful or innovative to the market then it is not going to anything more than hot air or a pump and dump.

I did not realize how low ETH has fallen, probably a good time to buy some in all honesty.
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:56:22 AM

The mining business are very good profit and growth in this year.the first profitable mining in this country are good profit from companies.With the value and popularity of Ethereum on the rise, it’s clear that mining Ethereum is a prominent topic.the eth that
Before you invest your money in a great Eth mining rig or an Ethereum mining process, you will need to know if it’s even profitable of mining system.The mining profit this year 2018 profitable, it may not be the best idea for those simply looking to acquire currency.
There are good relevant in profit from mining business 2018. 
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:00:30 AM

Nice poll. I'm part of the got into mining in 2017 group. However, i upscaled my mining operation this Jan 2018.

Not yet 100% ROI but at least it's still earning. No need to panic guys. Cryptocurrencies are the future. As if its not been said enough: "The little amount the we are mining now will be amplified in the near future."

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:19:42 AM

Is pos is profitable and i minning only pos,not huge money but is ok.
bernike

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:25:14 AM

I think mining in 2018 still profitable, but not much in 2017. But i still optimistic to mining. Because that depends what rig's configuration. In future i hope that condition will be better.  Smiley

Bitcoin Address: 1MBUC1okNaazGucCB7eHbv82rUxyNGNCAc
https://bizzilion.com/?ref=kumanjelek
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:03:15 AM

Mining is always profitable, even if the all coins are worth 10$.. The only thing that matters is the TIME when you sell the coins. If you are morron and you are selling @ this time, keep crying how this is unprofitable Wink
You have to learn the lessong on hard way like I did, and you will never cry about how mining is NOT profitable..
I sold 75 ETH @ 10-15$.. I should hang up myself right? Smiley

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:47:49 AM

To be honest, I made plan at the very beginning time I built the first mining rig: I will hold at least 80% coins (I mine ETH and a bit ZEC), the 20% rest will be sold for paying electric bill. Until now, I still keep it forward. Actually, this time I have to use my self budget to pay electric bill, but I think it's fine. Some of my friends who mined BTC and LTC few years ago, they did the same strategy, and now how rich and how happy they are.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:38:38 AM

Still profitable although almost all coin price is drowning, only low profit if compared one year ago. Lucky for me all budget for bought GPU has been ROI. for this time I do hold a coin especially ETH. I don't care if ETH price more drowning then I lose or if ETH price returns to the moon then I so winner

mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:39:27 PM

So far in this year mining is still profitable to me at least with my own strategy. For other people may be not profitable anymore as there's more people selling their gears everyday to call it a day in mining.

Mostly I think those are newbies that just turned into mining purely just because what other people said about mining when all cryptos were mooning. They don't anticipate about price correction whatsoever.

With the right strategy mining will still profitable for the long time ahead.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
EthanB

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:58:01 PM

Mining is always profitable

I see what you are getting at, but I think this kind of mindset is the sort of mindset that caused altcoins to gain so much artificial value and uninformed interest. It causes people to think "If I just hold long enough, any coin will make me a millionaire", and this is just wrong. It is causing a lot of pump and dumps to occur and causing a lot of good technological innovation to get lost in the weeds over the past couple years.

That being said, if you have been mining for awhile and now that you see price is dipping a bit you are deciding to sell your coins this is a big mistake. You're going to get taken for a ride when the coins go back up in price, the coins that have some real value behind them by bringing something powerful to the table that is unique and useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: