Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:57:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with deposits at vircurex.com  (Read 1100 times)
bysteven (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:36:18 PM

Hi together,

since I am new and cannot write in the appropriate section, I'll do it here.

I deposited 2 BTC at vircurex.com and the transaction is already confirmed at blockchain.info. However, the deposit doesn't shot up at vircurex, it also doesn't show the incoming transaction notification.

I Other users have the same problem, I found these threads:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1p4g9c/do_not_deposit_any_coins_into_vircurex_several/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49383.480

Any other users experiencing this problem?

No reaction from vircurex yet, I sent an email to the customer support.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

i have heard vircurex is scam i think
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:17:37 PM

It seems to be a general problem. I wait on the deposit of Peercoins. I wrote to the support, without any answer yet. A similar problem happened a few weeks ago, I think we have to wait a little bit. I somebody has a more direct way to contact the admin, please help ...

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 09:07:02 PM

vircurex is very bad IMO, I could never find a way to cancel my order.  So my coins just sat there, and nobody really uses that exchange anymore, I think.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:27:03 PM

vircurex is very bad IMO, I could never find a way to cancel my order.  So my coins just sat there, and nobody really uses that exchange anymore, I think.
I can cancel my orders, press simply the "Delete" Button in the "My current open orders" list. And at least I use this exchange, and my trading partner, and from the column "Volume" one can see there are many others.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 09:49:38 PM

I can cancel my orders, press simply the "Delete" Button in the "My current open orders" list. And at least I use this exchange, and my trading partner, and from the column "Volume" one can see there are many others.

Weird, I never saw that option, and I visited the "My open orders" or whatever.
Maybe they changed, but when I was using it nobody bought my novecoin (scam now x_x) for weeks o.O
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:30:24 PM

Weird, I never saw that option, and I visited the "My open orders" or whatever.
Maybe they changed, but when I was using it nobody bought my novecoin (scam now x_x) for weeks o.O
Some exchanges have their favorites (based on volume), for vircurex this are LTC and PPC. I know they have been hacked some months before. But since they did not scam their customers for it, I trust them. And Mt.Gox also was hacked in 2011.

For searching the exchanges with the largest trading volume you can look here:
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/

If clicking on "NVC/BTC", you get a list of exchanges sorted by volume. And indeed there is nearly no volume for NVC on vircurex. But for PPC it's the second largest exchange.

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:04:00 PM

I just deposited some litecoin there a couple of days ago and didn't have a problem.

I don't think they are a scam, but there are a lot of posts today in their main thread at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49383.480 regarding no deposits showing up, so at least you are not the only one having trouble.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:24:57 PM

Hey, vircurex isnt that good, and some people claim its a scam. It seems you have pretty much lost your BTC! Cry Maybe next time use a more reputable system. If you really want your btc back, repeatedly contact vircurex! Anyways, I wish you good luck with getting your 2 btc back!

zambient

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:03:31 AM

Hi, I also have problems with incoming transfers of some altcoin to vircurex. And they don't respond to email for 2 days so far...
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:08:36 AM

Hey, vircurex isnt that good, and some people claim its a scam. It seems you have pretty much lost your BTC! Cry Maybe next time use a more reputable system. If you really want your btc back, repeatedly contact vircurex! Anyways, I wish you good luck with getting your 2 btc back!
Some people claim it a scam? I want to have any proof or at least a hint from you! I traded for months now and never had bigger problems.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:27:27 PM

deposits are running again

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: