Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA Sees Bitcoin  (Read 160 times)
kache2018 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:52:13 PM

There was an article I've read that the National Security Agency (NSA) were able to obtain some data of bitcoin users including their passwords. On my own perspective, Isn't NSA under the jurisdiction of a government? Is it possible that they can intervene with the users authentic and highly sophisticated blockchain?

With all due respect, does the anonymity bitcoin being intrude already?

Here is the link.
https://www.coindesk.com/nsa-reportedly-eyes-to-scrap-bitcoins-anonymity/amp/
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:35:04 PM

NSA can obtain access to any site/service/device without anyone ever finding out. I am sure that they are required to work within what's legally allowed, but I very much doubt they even pay attention to that.

What the outside world doesn't know can't harm the NSA, but even if the outside world did know about their practices, does anyone here even for a second believe they care about what we say and think?

Definitely not. I am sure that every laptop, smartphone, hardware wallet, and the list goes on, contains an open entry point for all kinds of agencies. Occasionally things leak out, but it's not doing anything.

The only thing we hear is that the manufacturers will 'solve' things with a firmware upgrade. It doesn't change anything.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
nedeken01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

This is quite shocking that NAS is trying to hack bitcoin sites. Measurable steps should be taken against them as you cannot access to it without their permission.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:04:37 PM

NSA can obtain access to any site/service/device without anyone ever finding out. I am sure that they are required to work within what's legally allowed, but I very much doubt they even pay attention to that.

What the outside world doesn't know can't harm the NSA, but even if the outside world did know about their practices, does anyone here even for a second believe they care about what we say and think?

Definitely not. I am sure that every laptop, smartphone, hardware wallet, and the list goes on, contains an open entry point for all kinds of agencies. Occasionally things leak out, but it's not doing anything.

The only thing we hear is that the manufacturers will 'solve' things with a firmware upgrade. It doesn't change anything.
Not necessarily. NSA might be able to get supposed access but some times, smart people will allow any one to get access to their private network. There's an exception to almost everything.
On my own perspective, Isn't NSA under the jurisdiction of a government? Is it possible that they can intervene with the users authentic and highly sophisticated blockchain?
Get access to the blockchain? That's not possible. Had it been possible, NSA would have already got their hands dirty. So don't worry about blockchain getting mishandled or manipulated. What you have to worry is keeping your password secure and impossible to crack. You need to possibly use every single way to keep yourself anonymous.
Bitcoin won't save your ass, you have to make necessary changes to make yourself anonymous. Stop blaming bitcoin.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:36:31 PM

You mean NSA be like?

Well they are the ones who ask for exploits to be made in the first place, specially from the news regarding spectre and the meltdown we can see what potentially can be done when our hardware is not working for us and you certanly don't want to create special hardware for yourself.

This is quite shocking that NAS is trying to hack bitcoin sites. Measurable steps should be taken against them as you cannot access to it without their permission.

And what exactly is your suggestion? Do you even know that you can't do anything about it, try to sue them and see how it work out, come and tell us?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:32:21 PM

There was an article I've read that the National Security Agency (NSA) were able to obtain some data of bitcoin users including their passwords. On my own perspective, Isn't NSA under the jurisdiction of a government? Is it possible that they can intervene with the users authentic and highly sophisticated blockchain?

Here is the link.
https://www.coindesk.com/nsa-reportedly-eyes-to-scrap-bitcoins-anonymity/amp/

National security. 

Rules don’t apply, silly rabbits. 

BTC and anonymity.  My head still hurts everytime I hear that oxymoron.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:33:59 PM

NSA has the authority to oversee the things of people. But I don't believe that they would see the passwords. Because in bitcoin, everything are recorded in the encrypted mode. So its not easy to crack.

Yes, 9 years to crack it and/or Code some backdoors is not enough time for the NSA.   Roll Eyes

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:35:04 PM

Where do you people come from?   Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: