Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:21:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing the Pain Series  (Read 985 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Now that I'm back at the helm of BEP full time, we will be producing a crowdsourced series of youtube videos called the pain series. The purpose is to discuss some of the pain points of the world's existing financial system from corruption to inefficiencies and how Bitcoin or cryptocurrency related technologies can resolve them.

Here is a link to the google doc we are using:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13EHI77xRzZengos4til3f_i5Wd31ZWrmzfUHgPRMjEE/edit?usp=sharing

You can edit it freely and it contains instructions on how to write up a contribution. Feel free to list anything you can think of or provide edits and comments. Eventually these will be converted into 3-5 minute videos on youtube.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:41:11 PM

Do you want contributions on the doc or here?  You were still editing the document when I opened so I wasn't sure.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:42:39 PM

In the document, I forget to allow global editing power. Here is also fine if you'd like, I just have to port them over.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:19:23 PM

id say its better to put idea's here and the port them across, rather then allowing global editing powers. as the global power would be abused by trolls "graffiti'ing" the document with random messages and deleting topical messages that did have meaning

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:34:28 PM

now i have clicked the link, i think my point has been proven.... hmmm maybe i should have kept my mouth shut and not inspired the trolls

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 07:38:43 PM

Lol, that didn't work so well. Ok post them there and I'll port over.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:54:30 PM

Card cloning
the ability to grab information from the magnetic media or chip of a debit/credit card to gain access to funds. this can be done by fitting a thin slip of electronics into the card insert hole of ATMS, and using a miniature camera, to see the pin number entries an ATM user presses

Real Life Examples
this happens hundreds of times a day, all around the world and unless the ATM user is carefully examining the card insert hole or the plastic surround of the ATM for something out of place, they would be none the wiser

Can Bitcoin or CC Derived Technologies Resolve It?
bitcoin does not have this problem and CC companies would have to totally remove the weakness, which is the pin number that people dont change often

If so How?
upgrading ATMs to sense if 'alien' devices are inserted,
change the whole pincode system to something that cannot be easily abused using a recording device or a glance over a victims shoulder during use.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 09:51:51 PM

Listed. Keep them coming

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: