Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 04:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Post - Cgminer 3.6.4 Throwing errors with BitFORCE SC's  (Read 830 times)
jmc1517 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:34:16 PM

Hello.

Well as I finally gathered, I have to post here before being allowed to play with the adults, so I'd just like to mention a problem I'm experiencing with the latest cgminer - 3.6.4.

I am sitting here looking at 3.3.1 running quite happily on a Windows 7 64bit machine with 34 BitFORCE SC Erupters (11.4Gh/s) at stratum diff 8. I'm using 3 Anker hubs and an old 4-port powered hub so plenty of juice available.

Like I said - the setup runs pretty well flawlessly with cgminer 3.3.1. Just the odd zombie perhaps once a week.

So far so good, but 3.3.1 is getting a bit old now, so I downloaded and installed cgminer 3.6.4 and started it up.

It doesn't run very well at all. Loads of timeout errors and quite quickly, several zombies popped up.  I'm seeing lots of errors mentioning LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT.

Tried a couple of times (didn't restart the PC, just the USB power), then went back to cgminer 3.3.1.

Back to running without errors again.

I've seen mention of this type of error in the latest posts under
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.12980

So I know I'm not alone, but just wanted to reinforce that it's not a power-supply problem.  Anyway I'm sticking with 3.3.1 for the time being!
jmc1517 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:51:57 PM

So here I am again. Now it appears I need FIVE posts before I can post on the mining forum.  I suppose it's OK to talk to myself here, as I don't have anything else to say.

I just really, REALLY, wanted to give Ken some feedback on cgminer 3.6.4.

But all I can do is witter away here where nobody reads or even cares what I post.

OK so be it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: