Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people use Bitcoin for more than a funds transfer system?  (Read 179 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 06:54:06 PM

When I first joined Bitcoin Talk I got quite excited about the capabilities of Bitcoin, and its sophisticated payment options.  Since then, all I have ever done is to receive single payments into a core wallet. I did try to use some of the "advanced" options, but nobody was interested.

How many of you have used Bitcoin for more than just a simple payment mechanism?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:38:46 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Does using a multisig count just as a payment mechanism?

I think mutlisig transactions are the most popular and useful feature that has been brought to us by the blockchain.
Trustless escrow is quite an invention.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

Multisig counts, especially if you can use it for escrow. I couldn't work out how you could do it without a trusted third party. In fact this difficulty is why I started to look at Wax from OPskins.
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5928

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 07:53:25 PM

How many of you have used Bitcoin for more than just a simple payment mechanism?

I barely use it as a payment mechanism.

I use it to send money abroad. In my country there are heavy taxes for sending money abroad (about 8% of each transaction, depending on the situation you can sometimes transfer for 1.5-2%).

Usually using bitcoin I can send money to another country for much less. But sometimes the Bitcoin price here is about 10% higher than in Coinmarketcap(usually when we are in a bull run), then I have to wait to send the money.

Using bitcoin to send money abroad is not illegal here in Brazil (yet).
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:19:40 PM

-snip-

What you just described is actually a form of payment mechanism too, albeit involving overseas or cross-border transfers.  Smiley

P.S. Also I have invested in BTC as a speculative investment too, although many people find that it belittles the original concept.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 08:48:48 PM

I have an idea to reward my loyal reader in my blog when I publish my first blog.

The concept is very simple I make a cryptography jpeg and they have to decrypt the image that holding a certain amount of prize in bitcoin of course.
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 5928

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 08:58:37 PM

-snip-

What you just described is actually a form of payment mechanism too, albeit involving overseas or cross-border transfers.  Smiley

P.S. Also I have invested in BTC as a speculative investment too, although many people find that it belittles the original concept.

You are right. But if you are so inflexible in your concept of payment, bitcoin can't be used for more than a funds transfer system. Even multisig (mentioned above) is a funds transfer or payment mechanism.

Actually, there is only one thing that you can do, that is not a fund transfer or a payment mechanism.
Sign messages. lol Signing messages is not related to fund transfer or any kind of payment. You can sign a message to prove you own an account here, for example, or to receive an airdrop.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:34:24 AM

You are right. But if you are so inflexible in your concept of payment, bitcoin can't be used for more than a funds transfer system. Even multisig (mentioned above) is a funds transfer or payment mechanism.

That is why I said a simple payment system. If you time lock the payment for example, then it is no longer a simple payment.
FreshMoff

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:59:56 AM

Signed messages are an interesting side use.

Signing a message with your Bitcoin private key, perhaps referencing the latest block hash as a time stamp - for example to prove you held some piece of information at a certain time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: