Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:12:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Nakamoto inspired by John Galt?  (Read 2910 times)
Gordonium (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:46:49 PM

It sure seems that way.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:47:45 PM

John Carter?  Cheesy
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:57:09 PM

Is Satoshi "kidnapping" great minds, or is that the next step?

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:11:19 PM

Yeah, on the subway, in the Starbucks line, and around the water cooler, everyone's saying "who is Satoshi?" just as casually as they used to say "but whatcha gonna do bout it."

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:05:07 AM

Yeah, on the subway, in the Starbucks line, and around the water cooler, everyone's saying "who is Satoshi?" just as casually as they used to say "but whatcha gonna do bout it."

I swear i've seen shirts that say "who is Satoshi nakamoto?"

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:46:07 AM

John Galt would without a doubt be a bitcoin holder if Atlas Shrugged was updated and modernized.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:41:46 PM

John Galt would without a doubt be a bitcoin holder if Atlas Shrugged was updated and modernized.

No! He would be a miner, the most successful one, because he would have free unlimited energy... 

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:01:48 PM

But I don't think many people wear them in the subway Wink
inform

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 02:57:32 PM

Satoshi is good guy  Grin
Ipsum

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:05:09 PM

No! He would be a miner, the most successful one, because he would have free unlimited energy... 

Yeah, living in dream worlds does provide advantages!
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:36:23 PM

"Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?" T-shirts would be a fun idea!  If someone asked what it means, I'd pretend I bought the T-shirt cuz it was only 5 bucks. 

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:00:05 AM

The biggest problem I've always had is that the solution Ayn Rand proposed was an impossible fantasy. And while the hardcore fans will talk about how it's all symbolic, many of the problems and government actions taken in the book have indeed happened in real life.

Bitcoin is a real way to "opt-out" and undermine the power and control of oppressive government. It's a lot more convenient than flying to a hidden valley in the mountains that uses alien force fields and Telsa power generators, too.

It's a shame she didn't see live to see it.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:47:15 AM

"Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?" T-shirts would be a fun idea!  If someone asked what it means, I'd pretend I bought the T-shirt cuz it was only 5 bucks. 
I was actually wondering earlier today when we might start seeing "I'm not Satoshi Nakamoto" shirts.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:53:21 AM

I was actually wondering earlier today when we might start seeing "I'm not Satoshi Nakamoto" shirts.

Brilliant!  Even better! 

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:54:52 AM

There are "I'm Satoshi Nakamoto" T-shirts, but that is even better.

MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:31:43 AM

is any body donating me "Satoshi Nakamoto T-shirts" I want to wear this and want to feel heat of this name  Cheesy

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:20:37 AM

Is Satoshi "kidnapping" great minds, or is that the next step?

Already happened.  We were all taken and left here Smiley

can't seem to escape tho Tongue

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 04:39:52 PM

From the topics of most Satoshi threads, I always assumed Satoshi was inspired by Spartacus.

vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:35:03 PM

is any body donating me "Satoshi Nakamoto T-shirts" I want to wear this and want to feel heat of this name  Cheesy

I'd totally rock a "Who is satoshi nakamoto?" t shirt

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:48:15 PM

I'd totally rock a "Who is satoshi nakamoto?" t shirt

Seconded. Please PM me if anyone finds one for sale.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: