Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How dare ETH to scramble for position with BTC?  (Read 596 times)
LayaSmith

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:16:11 AM

ETH can't replace BTC! BTC in crypto world just like gold in real world.
You can't stop technological innovation, there will be new Coin with new age of technological appear in the world, then what about ETH?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:01:06 AM

So far, BTC and ETH are two coin stable and have potential in the future in the cryptocurrency market. ETH owns a modern and improved blockchain technology. Although at this time the price of ETH is still low compared to BTC. But I think in the near future ETH will compete with BTC on the cryptocurrency market. In order to do that, ETH needs to be trusted by more investors and more supportive, ETH soon to be developed is easy to happen.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:36:58 AM

Although BTC has a stable position in the blockchain, but don't overlook ETH development, maybe it will become the "second BTC". What is your point on this opinion?

http://blog.epay.com/c/how_dare_eth_to_scramble_for_position_with_btc

Ethereum could never be the second btc. Even the forked version of bitcoin cannot cope up with the bitcoin's market pace. But I am not criticizing Ethereum since it has a big future but compared to bitcoin it can never surpassed it. Ethereum could also be a big hit and will join the wave of bitcoin's market. As long as bitcoin goes up then so as Ethereum.
obinine

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:23:01 PM

I have been eating about eth becoming the first bitcoin since January 2017 and up until now that haven't happen yet,  bitcoin as widely spread around the world. Most countries don't really know about eth as much as they know about bitcoin.  Eth is still new to the crypto space and need alot of people to gone onboard especially developers who are not just trying to create an ico website but build a company around ethereum blockchain.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:07:56 PM

Although BTC has a stable position in the blockchain, but don't overlook ETH development, maybe it will become the "second BTC". What is your point on this opinion?

Ethereum could never be the second btc. Even the forked version of bitcoin cannot cope up with the bitcoin's market pace. But I am not criticizing Ethereum since it has a big future but compared to bitcoin it can never surpassed it. Ethereum could also be a big hit and will join the wave of bitcoin's market. As long as bitcoin goes up then so as Ethereum.

It already is second to BTC if you just look at the ranks of the coinmarketcap. Prices differ though but it won't take long I think ETH will also rise up and will be worth more than $1000. The possibility of a coin to dominate the first over BTC might happen one day and if it isn't ETH, it could be NEO which is much sophisticated platform than ETH.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

Hi,

I think this i actually interesting to see that another crypto can become a potential challenger of bitcoin..

Bitcoin is the historical crypto, no other crypto can steal its place.. Though, some others may be more adapted for daily use, or technically better. I think, instead of seeing it as a threat, we should be glad that the enthousiasm around crypto was so great that technical advances have been made..

For me, it is great. Bitcoin doesn't have to be the only existing option. It can be interesting to have many different cryptos, each of them with its own purpose!

Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:22:42 PM

In terms of value or usability, id say eth is next to bitcoin. Value, because btc price is almost $7000 and the next is ethereum for $400 something. Usability because most people have btc so it always comes first, next to that is ethereum. In terms of popularity, most people only know bitcoin, all others they never even heard of.

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:56:46 PM

Dont assume to big yet. This might be a dead cat bounce for ETH. We are at support levels. If ETH breaks the support say hello to the bear market. Not just a bear, but a huge bear that will smash all the crypto currency.
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:08:05 PM

I do not take it seriously because it's just the opinion of someone who deliberately wants to drop a resting Bitcoin, with the passage of time gone by, Bitcoin has no competitors to replace it.
Miztasnow1

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:15:47 PM

To my own opinion, i don't think etherum is in competition or in race with bitcoin. Because the difference is very clear. Bitcoin is number one and if any coin is going to scramble with BTC. I don't think it can happen twenty year to come.
Moneypham5

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

By origin, Bitcoin is created as a currency to hold value. Ethereum was created as a smart trading platform. However, Bitcoin can also handle smart contracts. And Ethereum can also be used as a currency. Thus, Ethereal's transaction fees are paid by gas (which can be converted to ether) and are based on bandwidth and storage requirements. Also in bitcoin, the transactions are limited in each block size and equal to each other. And there are more advantages, so ETH can replace the BTC
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:51:01 PM

Arguably ethereum is better than bitcoin because it can be used for ICOs and other blockchain uses. Bitcoin is just a store of value but because it's name is more popular the value is worth more. I don't think it can ever compete 1 to 1 with bitcoin, eth is peaking in terms of maximum load so it won't be able to cope much further.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:05:54 PM

some people always be comparing between bitcoin and ETH even they says ETH can replace bitcoin but ETH is an altcoin which mean in my opinion altcoin even though they have huge volume of support for their market but they will always be considered as bitcoin following and until whenever there is no altcoin could be the second bitcoin or the replacement of bitcoin
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

ETH is already the second best Cryptocurrency in the world, and I don’t think there is any other cryptocurrency that can compete with that. Ripple seems to be competitive, but not to the level of competing with BTC and ETH… I can only beat other cryptocurrencies. But I don’t think ETH will take down BTC from the first position, my reason for saying that is because BTC is the first to be released and that will make it the first choice for people, cause whenever people are talking about investing on cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is always the first in their mind. So I don’t see anyway that ETH take on it.
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:07:53 AM

I don't see that happening in the near future at least. Ethereum has shown tremendous grown in 2017 and most probably in 2018 too, but there are still some issues in Ethereum which needs to be done better. I don't compare bitcoin and ethereum because for me these 2 coins present different opportunities, and somehow i see more value in bitcoin with time as in ethereum.
Mateo123

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:02:01 AM

In my opinion, ETH will be number2 coin,not second BTC, bitcoin is bitcoin and no one can replace  bitcoiN as number  1 in cryptocurrency, although yes eth is also a good coin but it cant take the place of btc on top.
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:54:26 PM

In my opinion, ETH will be number2 coin,not second BTC, bitcoin is bitcoin and no one can replace  bitcoiN as number  1 in cryptocurrency, although yes eth is also a good coin but it cant take the place of btc on top.

Sure bitcoin will always remain the first cryptocurrency, but ethereum to me will remain the best cryptocurrency. So many use cases, the smart contract ethereum offers alone has place it on a pedestal that bitcoin can never attain.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:00:30 PM

Sure bitcoin will always remain the first cryptocurrency, but ethereum to me will remain the best cryptocurrency. So many use cases, the smart contract ethereum offers alone has place it on a pedestal that bitcoin can never attain.

Both etherium and bitcoin are actually the best and it does not really matter if bitcoin is in the first place beause what matter the most is their usefulness on why they are built. If eth can surpass bitcoin , then let it go this way . im pretty sure the supporters for both coins will still go on their own same way and not based on how the ranking was.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:07:09 PM

I think that etehreum is more being used than bitcoin as we are seeing so many ICO based projects that are constancy being released and that shows how much development and how much ethereum can bring the blockchain technology to various fields, and for that i think that over time etehreum will surely become a strong candidate or bitcoin, but never surpassing it because bitcoin is the first of its kind it is like gold it never loses its value and everyone and whatever happens people are always going to support it.
Caxton10

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 10:20:30 PM

Saying "second BTC" is very broad. You can't even replace BTC with ETH, as they're obviously made for two different things. BTC is made as a currency, whereas ETH was made for smart contracts. Saying ETH will replace BTC is like saying that YouTube will replace Windows OS (not an accurate comparison, but you get my point).
The post is not saying that ETH will replace BTC. It is simply saying that ETH will be next after Bitcoin and i believe that since the market for ETH is growing huge especially with its ERC 20 wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: