Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO by industry 2017-2018. Analytics.  (Read 103 times)
crydevil_crypto (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:40:58 AM

...The first finding is that ICO funding, which is a metric for the early stage entrepreneurship in the space (like Angel and Series A funding), is looking quite healthy. 2017 ended with $5.4B of ICO proceeds going to projects raising over $1mm+, and the one month of January already has $1.4B in flows. That doesn't include either Telegram's $1B+ planned ICO, or Overstock's $250-500mm raise, so we expect this level to continue through the year.
initial coin offering (ICO) by industry 2017:

initial coin offering (ICO) by industry 2018:

(To display the percentage and convenience, I modified the chart.)

...Coindesk makes the point that in Ethereum terms, actually the funding levels are fairly stable and not increasing. The crypto Cambrian explosion was driven by capital gains in Bitcoin relative to fiat. Of course people are taking risk at the edges, using their winnings to fund more work. But there is indeed some danger that if the smart token platforms collapse in value, ICOs will have less purchasing power and thus facilitate less development. This is a real risk.

I took from the article main points in my opinion. What do you think about that?
origin: next.autonomous.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: