Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:17:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin White has been renamed to BitWhite?  (Read 109 times)
itssawai (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 10:32:56 AM

Bitcoin White (earlier), BTW has been renamed to BitWhite, the reason is not confirmed yet but I think it might be because people consider it a fork of Bitcoin, which it is not. What do you think the possible reason could be?
Also their website mentions that, BTW is the first and only crypto community in the world, that is backed by the treasury of the United States of America.
Which is a pretty bold statement.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
Grifosha

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:42:36 AM

Probably, it is the escape from similar of fork bitcoin, they renamed. Are there any official comments from the treasury of the United States of America? If so, then it is true. If not, then this is no more than a marketing move.
itssawai (OP)

Activity: 308

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 10:52:28 AM

Probably, it is the escape from similar of fork bitcoin, they renamed. Are there any official comments from the treasury of the United States of America? If so, then it is true. If not, then this is no more than a marketing move.

Agree that, it's probably a marketing move.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:03:22 AM

Hereby I am officially renaming activity token a.k.a ACY for short into a new name, merit token a.k.a MTO or MTT.  it is backed by nuclear agency, btcforks.org(a colossal organization sponsored by united nation). if you are believing me, you should believe them too.
Treasury of the united states is backing a decentralized cryptocurrency? that's nothing compared to the backers of my token, go and buy on Waves DEX.

🖤😏
Booko

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:10:42 AM

It seems to be a marketing reason, or because a lot of shit tokens are called "Bitcoin xxx" or "Bitcoin yyy" and they didn't want to get associated with that, or maybe that Bitwhite is more easy to say, spell and write Tongue
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1048

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 11:16:52 AM

Bitcoin White (earlier), BTW has been renamed to BitWhite, the reason is not confirmed yet but I think it might be because people consider it a fork of Bitcoin, which it is not. What do you think the possible reason could be?
Also their website mentions that, BTW is the first and only crypto community in the world, that is backed by the treasury of the United States of America.
Which is a pretty bold statement.

First time I read about this coin looks interesting to me until I read this
https://bitfalls.com/2018/02/27/bitcoin-white-new-crypto-scam-horizon/ thay are really bold to make that kind of claims they can be sued and persecuted for making this kind of claims I bookmarked this coin and named it a scam bitcoin clone, I hope people will not invest in this kind of coin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀████▄
   ▄██▀▀ ▒ ▀▄ ▄▀ ▒ ▄  ▀██▄
  ██▀▀ ▀▄ ▒ ▒▄▒▄▒ ▒ ▄▒  ▀██
 ███ ▀▀▄▄▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▄▄▄▀ ███
███ ▀▀▄▄▄▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▀ ███
██  ▀▄▄▄▀▒▒███████▒▒▄▄ ▀▀  ██
███ ▄▄▄▀▀▒▒▒█████▒▒▒ ▀▒▄▄ ███
 ██▄  ▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▀▄  ▄██
  ██▄▄ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▒▀▒ ▒ ▀▄  ▄██
   ▀██▄▄ ▄▀▄▀ ▒ ▀▄ ▒  ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄   ▀  ▀▄▄▄██▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████████████
███      ████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄██████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Crypto Cards. with
buying solutions

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████████████████████
 █████▀█████ █████▀█████
██████  ▀██   ██▀  ██████
██████             ██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀███▄               ▄███▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀▀█████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Launch Your Own
.Crypto Tokens.

█▄                                    ▄█
 ██▄                                ▄██
  ▀███▄▄▄                     ▄▄▄▄███▀
  █▄▀████████▀    ▄████▄  ▀████████▀▄█
   ▀█▄▄█████     █████      █████▄▄█▀
    ▀████████   ██████     ████████▀
       ▄██████▄ ███████▄ ▄██████▄
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
                ████████
AXIOMA
..EAGLE CITY..
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:21:09 AM

Yes, I would have thought it was a bitcoin fork if the name had a bitcoin character.
To avoid this suspicion, the BTW team modified the name of the token, which was no problem.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:48:59 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 12:01:22 PM by Mpamaegbu

a paзвe измeнeниe нaзвaния мoнeты влияeт нa caмy мoнeтy!? мoжeт этo пpocтo coкpaщeнный вapиaнт oт ocнoвнoгo имeни! я eщё нe cильнa в тaкиx вoпpocax, тaк чтo тoлькo дoгaдки!
This is not a Russian or Dutch class, please.

On to a more serious issue now. The BTW had to have a name change because of pressure from its telegram community in respect to a name that shouldn't have bitcoin associated to it since it wasn't pretending to be a Bitcoin fork. The community saw the project as having what bitcoin didn't have and by that was expected to surpass Bitcoin within years. But their greatest undoing was hushly getting listed on a scummy exchange. That listing crashed the value. But I believe the devs are getting the coin up back. Though it's taking time to reflect in the price and value at the moment.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
temilade200

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

No elaborate reason was given as regards the change in name or rebrandfing of Bitcoin White to Bitwhite, but the only reason that was given was simply because people asked from a rebranding. I my own view, i feel BitcoinWhite was not the name intended to be reserved for the coin. It could have been used because they needed the publicity and they got nit in a way. By this they could have also succeeded in pumping the price more that what it is now, but that did not workout well. So the change to the name Bitwhite is because it has nothing, no technological correlation as regards the blockchain with Bitcoin.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:42:17 PM

I like new name of this coin! And I hope this coin will grown up in next times for all member! Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: