Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DRM infestation attempt by Microsoft? ( Turns out it's old! Build 7601 )  (Read 921 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:26:51 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 08:59:03 AM by Lethn

So I wake up this morning after installing some updates yesterday to find the following message at the bottom of the screen:

Windows 7
Build 7601
This copy of windows is not genuine

Now this is interesting because I successfully installed this copy of Windows 7 ( before you ask yes it's not a legal copy, but fuck them I bought Windows 95, 98 and XP and I don't see why I should have to pay for a Windows Vista patch ) and I made sure to remove the DRM nastiness beforehand but I'm going to do some more digging around and find out if the new update I installed had some DRM snuck into it. Has anyone else suddenly run into this problem? Just thought I'd check to see if it's some older update that I didn't know about, there have been posts about this and it's affecting people with genuine copies like with the older DRM updates that everybody should avoid.

So far I haven't had any limitations on Windows but I had noticed it behaving oddly recently so I wonder if this is something Microsoft put in to try annoying pirates again.

Okay, looked around and found it was an old update there are fixed for, 2012? Why the fuck did it only ever kick in until now?
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:50:09 AM

Fixed it with a simple windows 7/vista activator Cheesy Die Microsoft Die!.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:35:53 AM

If you want Microsoft to die, you should probably stop using their products, otherwise you're just keeping them alive.
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:42:17 PM

So I wake up this morning after installing some updates yesterday to find the following message at the bottom of the screen:

Windows 7
Build 7601

Now this is interesting because I successfully installed this copy of Windows 7 ( before you ask yes it's not a legal copy, but fuck them I bought Windows 95, 98 and XP and I don't see why I should have to pay for a Windows Vista patch ) and I made sure to remove the DRM nastiness beforehand but I'm going to do some more digging around and find out if the new update I installed had some DRM snuck into it. Has anyone else suddenly run into this problem? Just thought I'd check to see if it's some older update that I didn't know about, there have been posts about this and it's affecting people with genuine copies like with the older DRM updates that everybody should avoid.

So far I haven't had any limitations on Windows but I had noticed it behaving oddly recently so I wonder if this is something Microsoft put in to try annoying pirates again.

Okay, looked around and found it was an old update there are fixed for, 2012? Why the fuck did it only ever kick in until now?

Dude, please delete your illegal software and use back your XP...

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:47:54 PM

Windows 7
Build 7601

Watch out, it's the piracy police!

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 12:51:37 PM

If you get Microsoft to support Windows XP and update it so I don't have to wait hours just to format my hard drive then we have a deal, one thing I will concede about Windows 7 it is a million times easier to install, I get fed up of developers that try to make Directx exclusive games though. The problem with the people who whine at me about hating DRM is they refuse to understand that there are no alternatives because DRM based companies are trying to enforce a monopoly so I either stay legal and get annoyed constantly by all these horrid restrictions or I go illegal and enjoy the product.

It's a bit like the way western politics work right now actually, you're either forced to endure more and more stupidity from your government or you get branded a terrorist and a criminal for finding a way round it, what I'd really love to see is an open source Windows XP style OS but with a backend that's up to date and works.

Edit: Ooooo! Wait a minute that's something for me to look into! http://www.reactos.org/
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:05:36 PM

If you want Microsoft to die, you should probably stop using their products, otherwise you're just keeping them alive.

This ^

There are several ways to get legitimate Windows copies for free, using Windows, even if pirated copies is still supporting Microsoft.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: