Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What alternative coin has a potential to follow the footprint of bitcoin does?  (Read 186 times)
knight20 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:49:44 PM

I'm just curious about it. Because they say bitcoin will no longer of it's existence so I just want to ask there's any alternative coin that could replace bitcoin or surpass what bitcoin did right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:02:09 PM

Every coin was following the footprint of Bitcoin, they want to be known, useful, and functional as Bitcoin, but only few are catching up with it like the ETH.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

it's difficult to imagine that bitcoin would go out of existence. I think that's just speculation but there are lot of coins who show potential in the future. IOTA, Cardano just to name few.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

I'm just curious about it. Because they say bitcoin will no longer of it's existence so I just want to ask there's any alternative coin that could replace bitcoin or surpass what bitcoin did right now.

Pardon the analogy.

Tech wise, Bitcoin was left behind by many already.  Bitcoin as it is now is nothing but a store of wealth or a symbol like "Monarchy".  It's future depends on how much people like the "Monarchy".  It can change really quick with a "revolution".

There are many contenders now that can take it's place but the new king will have to be; agile, functional, flexible, adaptable, secure, and fast.  ETH is the best candidate for now but we've seen it's limitation.  I think the successor to the throne is either very young or yet to be born.

kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:28:28 PM

To follow the bitcoin footprint and growth must be a fast and easy to use currency, with little or no fee, with good mobile wallets, with good security and unattackable by other actors.

Among the coins on the market today (tomorrow we can not know) Nano is the one that is closest to the characteristics I mentioned above, followed by Stellar and Digibyte
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:12:40 PM

they know where the bitcoin will not exist anymore? what is their reason?
if you want alternative options for investing, maybe you can research eth, neo, ltc, xmr and bnb as your consideration.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:24:17 PM

Its not really about following the footprint of bitcoin but its about giving something bigger than bitcoin did. I could probably say Ethereum, IOTA and ADA but yet its confusing cause to me in these three I see higher innovations. But, we can't be fully sure for now since they are all on their early evolution. I'll say let's give it more years to know how far they go since there are many coins now.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

Any coin that follows bitcoin will have to have a purpose. No new coin will survive if it is only there for investment. Eth,Eos and cardano all look like  they have future potential.
hasna17

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:10:46 PM

Until now, in addition to bitcoin which will be an alternative coin is Etherum
because its safety has been proven and has a large market capital
although there are still a lot of coins that are high enough value such as IOTA, cardano, ADA and so on,
but I am not sure about the stability and security.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

I do not believe this will happen but if it does, then it is very hard to tell what will takes bitcoin's place. It may be some bitcoin fork like Bitcoin Cash or a similar coin like Litecoin.
nikoskakan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

Hellenic Coin is one of them for sure but is only for long term investors, check out the site and just see the merchants that accept Hellenic Coin and you'll understand !
ldah94

Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:55:09 PM

I doubt very much that bitcoin is replaced by other currencies I think is the base of the altcoins and its failure would imply the failure of others, but if there are many currencies which you see much future potential that in my opinion are Neo, ethereum and ripple
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:55:31 PM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on exchanges right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
slyfox

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:07:08 AM

And who says that bitcoin is not going to exist any longer? Bitcoin is simply too strong and resistant to disappear like that unless someone found some kind of bug, but that is very unlikely since some of the best developers around the world are working on it, so right now there is no coin even close to reach the popularity and adoption that bitcoin has.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:13:35 AM

what makes bitcoin unique is its origins, history, the trust it's earned and the awareness. nothing else can ever do what it did again. there can only ever be one thing that comes first and creates a whole new world. that's why it's still out ahead and maybe always will be.

tmoney88

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:35:43 AM

I see Nano as being a replacement for bitcoin. It just gets so frustrating waiting 45 minutes to an hour waiting for bitcoin to move. Nano will be free transactions, and unlimited scaling and fast.
polishwarrior

Activity: 236

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:45:02 AM

for now nothing yet, because all coins follow the price of Bitcoin because bitcoin is the main coin that governs all the coins. but there is another artenatif that is ETH coin
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:34:48 AM

ethereum and ripple. both these coins I think has a great development and I can follow the traces of the bitcoin. It's only a matter of time only because the process of bitcoin be great also did not easy and very long, so for the other altcoin just takes time and process only so that the length can the higher value as does bitcoin.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:19:08 AM

Bitcoin will always exist. It will die only when the whole crypto industry dies. As for me there is no altcoin which can repeat the path of bitcoin and become SO popular. That's why I'm sure that bitcoin has no competitors, maybe yet.

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:56:27 PM

ethereum and ripple. both these coins I think has a great development and I can follow the traces of the bitcoin. It's only a matter of time only because the process of bitcoin be great also did not easy and very long, so for the other altcoin just takes time and process only so that the length can the higher value as does bitcoin.
Both is strong candidate but remember both has already kicked out with its own idea and that was working on the different platform with bitcoin. Bitcoin as the first cryptocurreny in the world should be difficult to be replaced by another major coin. Because every major coin has its own way and track. Bitcoin is bitcoin, ethereum is ethereum and ripple is ripple. It will never work to compare apple, orange and mango.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄