Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you try Staking coins instead of POW?  (Read 200 times)
phd2d (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:52:24 PM

I thinking about try migrate POW to POS of some coins like Qtum, Stratis...
and ADA is coming soon, i guess.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

Are there any BIG coins with a high marketcap that has staking? My worry is that the coin  will plummet when i put my money in it  Grin Im looking for a stable PoS coin. Hopefully you can give me some advice? I think the idea is really good.
phd2d (OP)

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:48:38 PM

Are there any BIG coins with a high marketcap that has staking? My worry is that the coin  will plummet when i put my money in it  Grin Im looking for a stable PoS coin. Hopefully you can give me some advice? I think the idea is really good.

Yep! Actually, staking coins on their document of tokens that. On that will guide you what to do.
It's seem to be a few step look like:
https://steemit.com/qtum/@cryptominder/qtum-staking-tutorial-using-qtum-qt
https://stratisplatform.com/2017/03/14/staking-stratis-on-a-raspberry-pi/

And staking coins you must at least limitation depend on that coin. You have much you got well. That's it.

Example: https://www.stratispool.com -> try calculate your stake.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 06:05:53 PM

Yep! Actually, staking coins on their document of tokens that. On that will guide you what to do.
It's seem to be a few step look like:
https://steemit.com/qtum/@cryptominder/qtum-staking-tutorial-using-qtum-qt
https://stratisplatform.com/2017/03/14/staking-stratis-on-a-raspberry-pi/

And staking coins you must at least limitation depend on that coin. You have much you got well. That's it.

Example: https://www.stratispool.com -> try calculate your stake.

I checked your website on expected profits on Stratis. I have 1400USD to invest on this, and by the website calculation i will earn 20 dollars/YEAR  for 1400 dollar. Thats INSANELY bad. It is no way worth the risk. Mining PoW is more profitable than that.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:30:06 PM

The problem with PoS is that there are basically no good coins with good returns, and the ones with good returns are going to crash in price and have the potential to totally screw you.

You can look at Lux, Diamond, and Neblio. The returns there are decent and they might have good fundamentals.

If you want to go masternode route, there is a ton of garbage, but ZCoin, Alqo, Phore are worth looking into.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 06:34:20 PM

You could probably take a look at NEO.

Seems to be one of the more stable staking coins, and the simplest too. All you need to do is keep NEO on your wallet then it generates GAS for you. Current yield is around 5% annually. This was at around 10% when i first got into NEO a few months back tho.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:17:21 AM

Yeap actualy NEO is the high marcet cap coin with staking, holding NEO give you gas as a priveous speaker say about 5-10% a year but the price on gas is mught incrise which gives you additional profit + NEO is good active to hold with a lot of perspective in next several years. I'm holding my NEO on the neo wallet!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:15:27 AM

You want a POS just because POW isn't profitable now , thats why this technology isn't going any further because the community isn't just like before all we care for now is how much will i get per day per year nothing we care about bitcoin technology security and fun , thats why a we won't get both profit and technology

2016 GPU Miner
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:31:37 AM

I wouldn't care for PoS coins which until now it's still below by PoW coins I bought and invest in some PoS coins but actually, I'm not satisfied even my wallet got fully masternode for investing a large amount of bitcoin to buy a large amount of PoS coin.
Staking is not good it takes time before you can stake if you compare the POW coins that you can just mine with hardware then if you go in GPU mining you can resell the GPU to gamers where you can make more profit while mining.

So, I think it is still better to stay in mining because mining altcoin is safe and still profitable you can resell the GPU if ever you don't need it.
Staking coins it takes time before you can generate a small amount of coins and really not profitable. it is just like the same as the bank with 2% interest every year, for me its really small profit than mining.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:54:36 AM

I too worry that many of the staking or MN coins won't get very far, and then all the supposed profits will be dust. But I hold NEO, although I wish they'd called it something besides "gas", and I thought I read that Ada was moving toward some kind of staking model. I do think Ada has a decent shot and it is bigger.
notatumor

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:32:32 AM

Here's sort of a dumb question, but from 30,000ft how is PoS different from coins that offer dividends?
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:50:27 AM

I hold quite a few PoS and masternode coins. They make a very nice addition to my PoW gains. Nothing like Dash and NEO though.

littlehobo

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:12:02 AM

i stake, but on new coins.
I have Stipend and Era mainly. Stipend is currently holding its own in a over saturated market and seems to have a decent plan and team.
The whole masternode thing i think is buyer beware. i do it with mined coins but wont invest other money into it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: