Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Diversification Strategy  (Read 198 times)
BigDippr (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:04:33 PM

What do you all think about a strategy of just investing a little bit in each of the top 100 coins, in hopes that one takes off?  Seems like downside risk would be minimal. 
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:13:55 PM

What do you all think about a strategy of just investing a little bit in each of the top 100 coins, in hopes that one takes off?  Seems like downside risk would be minimal. 

That is a wise strategy anyway just like the old saying goes " never place your eggs on the same basket". This means that if we have an investment we should diversify to lessen the risk and increase the possibility of earning. As long as you apply the principle of buy low sell high then you are at the right road. Also you may need patience since sometime before we can sell  our coins we need to at least wait for a long time before we can actually sell it because of the red market.
DiamonDogs

Activity: 142
Merit: 6

https://coinspot.me

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:18:30 PM

This is a good idea. I've done it before. Most of my diversify assets was a token.
But the problem is when the market suddenly crashed. It's to difficult to exit or stop loss all of it.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:19:35 PM

This strategy works on some cryptos in some particular time but not always effective, it's still better to concentrate on 3-5 tokens where you will focus your trading activities whether it's a day trading or a long-term investments, study which token or coins are reliable and the stabilty is proven.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:25:08 PM

Cryptocurrencies do not accept the traditional view. We see that the price of bitcoin affects the prices of all altcoins. As an attachment to 100 coins will protect you? If there are problems with bitcoin, then the altcoins there is no possibility to survive. I think that investing in bitcoin is the most reliable.
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:26:35 PM

Everyone will surely expect their coin investment place to always rise in price high and in quick time, including myself.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:28:53 PM

We cannot say that easily because not all top coins perform well in the past months and i think its over diversified. Try to atleast invest on a top10 coins you believe that can work for you in the long run, diversification is a good strategy to lessen the risk.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:39:51 PM

Diversification is a must really but there are some limits you have to
put in place. Im not sure working a "spread bet" is a good move to
coin a phrase you would be "spreading yourself too thin".

From what I have learned here you would want to consider a 50/50
or 60/40 split of Bitcoin/Altcoin mix.

The way I personally see it is that BTC will give the biggest return
and possibly bigger that any other altcoin can deliver in the long term
for the same $ value of "investment" if you are a holder.

If you are a trader/speculator there are other considerations like being
lucky enough to get into a coin for less than $0.10c and it to moon to
$1 and beyond. To me this is just too risky and I cannot dedicate the
time needed to work this way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sonluxx

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:55:16 PM

I prefer to diversify my portfolio and put some money in crypto and in real estate.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:00:06 PM

I think that diversification is an important instrument in an investment plan.
However, the major coins already have a good value. I really do not expect that one of them will make a rally like we saw it in the past six years.
I expect them to increase in price, but not as drastic as they did.
So small investments there will bring you profit. But I do not see that they will make you rich if the invested amount is not sufficient.

It's me!!!
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:01:31 PM

This is a good idea. I've done it before. Most of my diversify assets was a token.
But the problem is when the market suddenly crashed. It's to difficult to exit or stop loss all of it.

Yes, this is really wise. Diversifying your assets will really hel us secure our finances. When we diversify, we place our investments to different investment strategy. We must learn also in choosing the good investemnt mode and strategy.
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:02:13 PM

that a good strategy but be carefull on putting your money on coin being at top 100 it doesnt mean the coin has potencial better study first the coin that you want put your money .
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

This is a risky and risky decision as not all Altcoins in the top 100 are safe. They can remove from the Top 100 at any time, and you will have to take this risk. Risks are very high and take risks.

ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

investing in top 100 coins is too much diversification it may hard for you to monitor all their movement. better to focus on 4-8 coins in top 20 list in that way  you can monitor the movement of your coin snd can easily trade if necessary. its a good strategy to diversify your investment  it can lessen the risk to loss all your investment

weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:08:22 PM

The last time bitcoin went on a massive bull run almost the whole top 100 gone up with it , so it seems like a good choice . Just do some research and try to see what their place is in the future.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:09:07 PM

Diversification is a way to minimize the risk by putting your money on different places. But make sure that you have a considerable amount on each instrument or coin. This is just to make sure that profit if ever there is enough to cover fees and other expenses incurred.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:13:18 PM

that is only fooling yourself into believing you have diversified where in fact you just made things complicated for yourself and increased the amount of money you lose. two main complications are keeping track of 100 different coins, their prices, news, fluctuations, dumps,... and also storage which is impossible to do safely and keeping on exchanges is just dumb.

diversification means you invest for example $1000 in bitcoin, $100 in altcoins, $1000 in Gold, $1000 in stocks and bonds.

There is a FOMO brewing...
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:21:36 PM

The last time bitcoin went on a massive bull run almost the whole top 100 gone up with it , so it seems like a good choice . Just do some research and try to see what their place is in the future.
Yeah but then you are literally waiting for Bitcoin to take off, why not just wait for Bitcoin to take off then hop in the top 100 coins? That way you will save yourself the headache and waiting it out time, and you will get all the action. Sure you stand to make less money, but if you are entry is good enough I believe you could make more with this method.

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:27:32 PM

Diversification is a way to minimize the risk by putting your money on different places. But make sure that you have a considerable amount on each instrument or coin. This is just to make sure that profit if ever there is enough to cover fees and other expenses incurred.
My opinion is that diversification is an additional risk. You knowingly invest money in coins that may lose their value. In a moment of crisis, the most persistent are the coins with the largest market capitalization. They have something to lose. Coins with little support will simply disappear. I keep my savings in bitcoin and Eth.
BigDippr (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:29:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  A lot of excellent advice and insight that I'll be taking to heart!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: