News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Satoshi come Forward?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the Creator of Bitcoin come forward?  (Read 5936 times)
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:17:34 PM

He is probably among us.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:17:42 PM

No! It's far better a secret  Cheesy

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:31:11 PM

Every creator of any alternative coin is know and nothing terrible has or will happen to them.
Anyway Satoshi is know.
Ford

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 01:39:03 AM

idols will never live up to everyone's expectations and nor should people idols others.
I'm sure he will read posts here, and is clearly choosing not to reply....

personally im tired of seeing people trying to guess who "he" is. It is the same as the press hounding people that dont want to be hounded....

I think to stop this "hounding" ALL members of this forum (and anywhere else) should claim to be Satoshi.  This way it will help hide his ID by no one knowing who is telling the truth, even if Satoshi himself also claims to be him....

I will start of by : I am Satoshi...... and as are we all....

Best Regards
Satoshi (or Ford)

psicloner

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:13:39 AM

Who knows? Maybe he knew this all along and he knew that disappearing was a requirement to it's success.
Maybe Satoshi read "The Grand Inquisitor" from Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "Brothers Karamazov," in which the lesson is... there are three things man bows to: authority, mystery, and magic. In the context of Satoshi, the paper indicates this individual is well versed in cryptography and the maths (authority), they are unknown (mystery), and bitcoins can be arguably said to be mined from nothing (magic). Or, otherwise put, part of the allure to bitcoin is the legend at its foundation.
redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:27:03 AM

I'm with adamstgBit - it really doesn't matter who he is.

If anything - it'll lead to instability. Right now we've no idea who he is. He's almost godlike (not necessarily a good thing).

If we discover he's just a human being who eats, defecates, parties, cries, farts and is altogether human - we might just find a way to discredit Bitcoin  because we disagree with him being a Mormon or that he enjoys deer hunting, etc.

Better we leave things as they are, that way Bitcoin stands on it's own merits.

Who knows? Maybe he knew this all along and he knew that disappearing was a requirement to it's success.
Spoken like a true creator of religion!! Well done!
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:27:39 AM

I was thinking the other day how different Bitcoin would be today if Satoshi or whoever created Bitcoin came forward and took credit. If there were one person to answer questions and explain the benefits of using Bitcoin it might've caught on quicker.

On the other hand, I was also thinking about the possibility that the true creator of Bitcoin is dead or murdered. If Satoshi actually chose to remain anonymous then it would make it that much easier for him to be killed without anyone knowing. If he were famous then his every move would be watched.

Or what if it was not a single person that started Bitcoin, but a group of individuals with their own secret motives. Why would they chose to remain anonymous and for what purpose?

Regardless, it is strange that the public does not know who is behind the fastest growing digital currency in the world. What do you think?

Can you explain to me why? Im sorry i dont know how to say it nicely but i doubt you can.... because its the dumbest thing i've heard.

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:57:30 AM

Even if Satoshi turned out to be this awesome person who would interview perfectly, all that has to happen is for him to be caught with something unmentionable (planted or real) or framed for some other unmentionable crime and then Bitcoin would be endlessly dragged through the mud. It'd be a terrible move for him personally and for Bitcoin in general.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 09:26:16 AM

Staying anonymous is probably more foresight than I would have had. Then, I didn't invent a way to have money without central governments either.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
waltermot321

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:44:22 AM

Every creator of any alternative coin is know and nothing terrible has or will happen to them.
Anyway Satoshi is know.

Bad idea, who knows if the government wanna catch him and ask him to take his whole bitcoin down...

Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:49:02 AM

I'm with adamstgBit - it really doesn't matter who he is.

If anything - it'll lead to instability. Right now we've no idea who he is. He's almost godlike (not necessarily a good thing).

If we discover he's just a human being who eats, defecates, parties, cries, farts and is altogether human - we might just find a way to discredit Bitcoin  because we disagree with him being a Mormon or that he enjoys deer hunting, etc.

Better we leave things as they are, that way Bitcoin stands on it's own merits.

Spoken like a true creator of religion!! Well done!

Religion - it's where the real money is.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
maz

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:55:22 AM

It was the Satoshi mystery which intrigued me to get into bitcoin, and now it's the last thing on my mind as far as bitcoin is concerned. It should stay this way.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:28:40 PM

He is probably among us.

She is probably among us.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
inform

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 01:32:17 PM

i rusia but intelectual intuition i understand and realy suport you my brother same here in rusia coruptions,drugs,wars,crime,prostitutions,etc...
this situation must be true
all poor guys try get money earnings difirents methods in web internet space
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:55:15 PM

the world just isn't ready for a talking al paca that can shoot lasers out of his eyes.  Satoshi remains anonymous for our own good.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 03:21:09 PM

We are behind the fastest growing digital currency in the world.

It doesn't matter who Satoshi is.

+ graham's number

Society doesn't scale.
BitTrade

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:37:16 PM

As much as we all would like to know the creator(s) of Bitcoin, it would almost certainly be burdensome to Bitcoin's future.  If Satoshi wasn't anonymous, it's very likely Bitcoin would have never gained as much traction as we have so far, and arguaby, would likely dampen future traction.  
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:35:32 PM

Satoshi's authority was a flaw in the Bitcoin protocol, and whoever could control him would likely be able to inluence Bitcoin's evolution and eventually disrupt the network.
For his own security and that of the network, Satoshi had to disappear and destroy the only thing that could assert his identity: the private key that he used to generate the genesis block and all the private keys of the coins he mined.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:40:26 PM

Satoshi should do what his invention has helped so many to do:  whatever the hell he feels like.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 01:15:58 AM

At this point no one is going to believe the person who claims to be Satoshi. There is no need for this person to come forward regardless. Bitcoin is in the communities hands.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: