Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:53:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox trades split into multiple transactions?  (Read 693 times)
miner49er (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:32:43 PM

Hope this is the correct forum to post.  Still new-ish to all this, so excuse me if this has been discussed already.

I have had a Mt Gox account for almost a year, but have not been very active with it. Recently, I notice my trades at Gox have been split up into many smaller transactions. Used to be, I made a trade and it showed up as 1 trade and 1 fee (if applicable) transaction? Anyone notice this or know why? I already opened a support question with Gox, but do not expect to get a response that I can understand.

For example, I just bought a few BTC, and ended up with 6 small tx's that equal my total trade amount. Are they trying to obscure the info or protect their back end somehow? Its very frustrating trying to track what I have done with all these tiny transactions. If I buy 3 BTC I get 4-6 smaller Tx's with fees. Its annoying.

second question: with the price discrepancy on Gox to any other trading platform, is anyone successfully buying BTC on another system (Bitstamp, BTC-E, ect) and then selling on Gox? I understand there are possibly significant delays in deposits/withdrawals of fiat currencies, but Gox is always 10+ USD higher than anyone else. This theory looks good on paper, but anyone actually working it in real life?

thanks for any relevant responses
M1n3r49er.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:01:55 PM

For example, I just bought a few BTC, and ended up with 6 small tx's that equal my total trade amount. Are they trying to obscure the info or protect their back end somehow? Its very frustrating trying to track what I have done with all these tiny transactions. If I buy 3 BTC I get 4-6 smaller Tx's with fees. Its annoying.

If I set a limit sell order for 3 BTC and another guy sets another one for 2 BTC, then you send a market buy order, you're going to see my 3 BTC and the other guy's 2 BTC separately. That's the reason why you're seeing that.

Re: different of prices, please do a search. There has been *dozens* of threads on that.
miner49er (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:30:33 PM

second question: with the price discrepancy on Gox to any other trading platform, is anyone successfully buying BTC on another system (Bitstamp, BTC-E, ect) and then selling on Gox? I understand there are possibly significant delays in deposits/withdrawals of fiat currencies, but Gox is always 10+ USD higher than anyone else. This theory looks good on paper, but anyone actually working it in real life?

M1n3r49er.

anyone out there doing this? buy on bitstamp/viruex and sell on Mt. Gox? anyone have experience actually getting fiat currency back in the USA? seams to be getting difficult to work the bank transfers.
Also Is anyone getting taxed on their income from bank transfers?
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:34:02 PM

M1n3r49er.

anyone out there doing this? buy on bitstamp/viruex and sell on Mt. Gox? anyone have experience actually getting fiat currency back in the USA? seams to be getting difficult to work the bank transfers.
Also Is anyone getting taxed on their income from bank transfers?

Fiat, especially USD, is very hard to get out of MtGox. People are reporting >1 month delays on their USD withdrawals.

Typically, whenever there is an arbitrage opportunity, you can expect that plenty of people will jump on it if it was easy to exploit. The fact that the price-difference between Gox and the other exchanges still exists is proof that it isn't that easy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: