Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gramtokens-sale.com, GRAMNETWORK.ORG, TELEGRAMFOUNDATION.ORG scamming  (Read 283 times)
chup (OP)

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:36:29 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 06:46:33 PM by chup

gramnetwork.org scammers collected only in ETH around 130.000$ till now. Here is scammer ETH address:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x20e4d7693c60429ebacf9f461dc72792d9d88ee9

Can this address be reported to exchanges?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 04:59:47 PM

I would suggest moving this to the more approriate section (scam accusation): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
Damn, some people lost more than 5 or 10 ETH  Angry

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:43:35 PM

gramnetwork.org scammers collected only in ETH around 130.000$ till now. Here is scammer ETH address:

What is the back story behind this gramnetwork scam? I am not aware of it!

I can see from the posted eth address that 19 days ago about 150 ETH was withdrawn and then no activity till 24 hours ago where lots of ether moved in.

chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

Here are three addresses scammers are using to move forward stolen ETH:

0xC2A492c44346f57b4AAAceC6D7923e4bc46e39f3
0x59E75BD22B3907A4112f12fBC0F6e5Cb2E47e898
0xDA0Edb8753427b2002752C97cd7064eCfFc62348

chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:17:47 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 08:02:52 AM by chup

What is the back story behind this gramnetwork scam? I am not aware of it!

I can see from the posted eth address that 19 days ago about 150 ETH was withdrawn and then no activity till 24 hours ago where lots of ether moved in.

Defaming Telegram GRAM ICO. Two scam waves with different domains. From the first one they sinked in ETH only around 150ETH. Second one is ongoing with 243 ETH till now. I don't know how successful were with BTC and LTC. Taking into account that BTC is preferred asset, I can only speculate that scammers collected at least million USD. I can't find way of reporting addresses to currency exchanges.

Edit: 2-nd wave ETH value.

chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:27:40 AM

Well, here is the connection of scammers ETH addresses with Bittrex:

TxHash: 0x94fb6308af7f79b920f692d5256d8b2cf076383c39465965796c90d452265100

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:39:58 AM

Well, the site is down already. They may have already pulled the switch on this one.

People need to realise that telegram ICO doesn't have an official website. To the best of my knowledge it doesn't even have any official announcements yet. All these "TON" ICOs popping up are nothing but fakes.

There seems to be at least 2 phishing sites that have been operated, using the same layout.

The scammer's proceeds have not been moved, but if that's the correct amount scammed, that's a lot of money. Over $120k even with the current dip in crypto prices. I do hope that figure is inflated and not actually this many people got scammed.

You could try reporting to exchanges, but I doubt they'll act on it. The scammer can also trade the ETH on LBC, or via other p2p methods, in which case there is nothing we can do about it.
chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:48:18 PM

The scammer's proceeds have not been moved, but if that's the correct amount scammed, that's a lot of money. Over $120k even with the current dip in crypto prices. I do hope that figure is inflated and not actually this many people got scammed.

You could try reporting to exchanges, but I doubt they'll act on it. The scammer can also trade the ETH on LBC, or via other p2p methods, in which case there is nothing we can do about it.

$120K is only from second used domain and only in ETH. Looking at ETH transactions addresses scammer collected 165 ETH from first domain two weeks ago. But there is connection between scammer's addresses and older address that had transactions with Bittrex exchange. Case is opened at US FTC and Bittrex. Scammer sits on top of $750K in ETH only with addresses connected with transfers from this scam.

magneto

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:47:32 PM

$120K is only from second used domain and only in ETH. Looking at ETH transactions addresses scammer collected 165 ETH from first domain two weeks ago. But there is connection between scammer's addresses and older address that had transactions with Bittrex exchange. Case is opened at US FTC and Bittrex. Scammer sits on top of $750K in ETH only with addresses connected with transfers from this scam.

Hmm, what was the name of the first domain again?

That's some good detective work for sure, but how did you manage to track down all of the scammer's addresses? Did they reuse the same address for their fake ICO and told everyone to send to the same address or is it via blockchain analysis?

Good to hear that you've notified Bittrex, though again, they may just use any other exchange under a fake name and still be able to cash out their ETH. BTW, does the US FTC actually deal with cases of cyberscamming like this one? I doubt they'll be able to do much about it honestly, but it's worth a try. Doesn't hurt to file a report in any case.

$750k is a ton of money, hopefully some of this is just the scammer's own assets, and not all is from the fake ICO. Otherwise that's some major losses for investors.
chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:17:14 AM

Hmm, what was the name of the first domain again?

That's some good detective work for sure, but how did you manage to track down all of the scammer's addresses? Did they reuse the same address for their fake ICO and told everyone to send to the same address or is it via blockchain analysis?

Good to hear that you've notified Bittrex, though again, they may just use any other exchange under a fake name and still be able to cash out their ETH. BTW, does the US FTC actually deal with cases of cyberscamming like this one? I doubt they'll be able to do much about it honestly, but it's worth a try. Doesn't hurt to file a report in any case.

$750k is a ton of money, hopefully some of this is just the scammer's own assets, and not all is from the fake ICO. Otherwise that's some major losses for investors.

telegramfoundation.org was the first one.
Unfortunately, to be able to trace You should be scammed first. They got my attention when I was in a hurry with other things and was happy that GRAM ICO "started". Everything was done in less than minute. I usually send very small amount first, but as I said, I was before leaving the desk so... I have traces now. I don't expect to be able to return back what I literally throw away, but there are chances scammers to be stopped.
Everyone scammed is getting separate address, but scammers are consolidating payments at the first address in the list. They were using very same address for consolidation with the first domain scam. History shows that scammers divided consolidated amount on three new addresses. Here is their mistake, first one was not new and held some amount of ETH before, received from the last address in the list that has many transactions with Bittrex. Transactions are valuable, so user should be ID registered with Bittrex. Unless scammers never converted currencies to fiat with this account so ID registration could be fake.
From the other side, registrant of the second domain is using e-mail from domain registered in Cyprus, which registrar (contact is lady with Russian name) doesn't want to reveal even to FTC contact details of registrant.
US FTC has system for reporting phishing scams and they can be intrigued with the value of the scam and proceed further. Nothing more I can do. Lesson learned. Never hurry with payments.

magneto

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:35:13 AM

telegramfoundation.org was the first one.
Unfortunately, to be able to trace You should be scammed first. They got my attention when I was in a hurry with other things and was happy that GRAM ICO "started". Everything was done in less than minute. I usually send very small amount first, but as I said, I was before leaving the desk so... I have traces now. I don't expect to be able to return back what I literally throw away, but there are chances scammers to be stopped.
Everyone scammed is getting separate address, but scammers are consolidating payments at the first address in the list. They were using very same address for consolidation with the first domain scam. History shows that scammers divided consolidated amount on three new addresses. Here is their mistake, first one was not new and held some amount of ETH before, received from the last address in the list that has many transactions with Bittrex. Transactions are valuable, so user should be ID registered with Bittrex. Unless scammers never converted currencies to fiat with this account so ID registration could be fake.
From the other side, registrant of the second domain is using e-mail from domain registered in Cyprus, which registrar (contact is lady with Russian name) doesn't want to reveal even to FTC contact details of registrant.

Well that site seems to be down as well.

I see what you mean. So every victim have different addresses, but if I understand you correctly, the scammers first redirected all the scammed funds into one address and then further diverted into different addresses which is the reason why you were able to track them down, correct?

I don't see much you can do with Bittrex even if they did have links to bittrex transactions. There are probably privacy conditions protecting them. But who knows, it's worth a try. And it's good that you've learned your lesson, always do your research.

US FTC has system for reporting phishing scams and they can be intrigued with the value of the scam and proceed further. Nothing more I can do. Lesson learned. Never hurry with payments.

Yes, indeed. Again, I'd say that you hope for the best and expect the worst. With both domains down and with the domain registered overseas, it'll be incredibly hard to track them.
chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:16:48 AM

Yes, indeed. Again, I'd say that you hope for the best and expect the worst. With both domains down and with the domain registered overseas, it'll be incredibly hard to track them.

Probably they are three people because are dividing their stash in three equal parts/addresses. One of them made mistake using address that was used before.
As I said, I don't expect nothing more than scammers get stopped. If US FTC is not interested in seizing millions from scammers i can't do nothing.
Exchanges require ID verification for being able to provide information at law enforcement requests for cases just like this one. I don't think they will reveal information to me.
Even if they do, I don't think I will reveal it here, neither will I take baseball bat to make things even.

chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:03:07 AM
Merited by pawel7777 (3)

And again. This time using domain gram-token-ico.com

magneto

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:35:13 AM

Ah another one. But the site is already down.

Telegram should really make it completely clear that all of these sites are just scams. Better yet, they should at least have their official website for their ICO, even if they are not planning on launching it yet. They announced their ICO and then do not announce anything, launch any sites, or anything of that matter. Obviously a bunch of scammers will try to take advantage of the ignorance of the public.

Probably they are three people because are dividing their stash in three equal parts/addresses. One of them made mistake using address that was used before.
As I said, I don't expect nothing more than scammers get stopped. If US FTC is not interested in seizing millions from scammers i can't do nothing.
Exchanges require ID verification for being able to provide information at law enforcement requests for cases just like this one. I don't think they will reveal information to me.
Even if they do, I don't think I will reveal it here, neither will I take baseball bat to make things even.

The one person that used an address that was used before to an exchange *could* be the start of a trail for investigation. You're right. All you can do is submit that info, whether they decide to act on it is their business.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 04:12:56 PM

Just got email advertising this site. Smelled scammy as I haven't used that email for telegram. They must've got hold of some old data leak.
Very well crafted scam, site looks really professional + shows 89% funded and has high min purchase, to force people to make rushed decision without due diligence.

Thanks for making this thread OP.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
chup (OP)

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:48:40 PM

Doing it again:
gramtokens-sale.com

BTW stolen ETH are exchanged at shapeshift. Anyone knows is it possible to trace further?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: