Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:03:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need Help/Advice on how to get out of Mt Gox  (Read 657 times)
Kuroth (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:35:11 PM

Well the good news..  My Trading Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K profit..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

Bad news.. I am using Mt Gox..

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

I feel that MT Gox is nothing short of a criminal operation now..

I need to get the hell out of there as soon as I can..

What I need to know is what other exchanges that the Bot works with(Bitstamp and BTC-e) would be best for me to switch to and will I be able to Withdrawal USD??

I dont buy anything using BTC's and I am now questioning what is the point of me running the Bot and Trading in BTC if I will never be able to get my money out in USD

Please if you have any suggestions let me now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:13:40 PM

Buy bitcoin and transfer to a different exchange.

You'd be better to run your bots elsewhere for the time being as MtGox has major withdraw issues currently.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:15:01 PM

The simple answer is that you can't withdraw USD from Mt Gox. The US banking system is currently enforcing an unofficial embargo against Mt Gox at the moment.

AFAIK if you're a resident of Poland, or Japan, you can get your money relatively soon. EU residents takes a bit longer.

Best bet is to buy bitcoins, withdraw them, and sell them somewhere else.
Kuroth (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:16:02 PM

Buy bitcoin and transfer to a different exchange.

You'd be better to run your bots elsewhere for the time being as MtGox has major withdraw issues currently.

Yes but WHERE?Huh  Bitstamp or BTC-e?HuhHuh?

Are these ANY BETTER then Mt Gox???  Can you Get USD out of these???

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:16:55 PM

LocalBitcoins or #bitcoin-otc.
Kuroth (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:25:10 PM

LocalBitcoins or #bitcoin-otc.

Thanks but my issues is I cant do what you suggest..

The Bot works on 1 of those 3 exchanges..

Once the Bot sells, my funds are in USD and not BTC..   So I need to have an exchange where I can Withdrawal USD ..

Once the Bot Buys again I am then back with all my Funds in BTC...     I would have to try and Guess when I think the Price is at the top, then manually Transfer some BTC to one of your suggested sites, then hope the Price of BTC dont drop while I am doing all this..  Thus Not let the Bot do its thing.

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:28:54 PM

Once the Bot sells, my funds are in USD and not BTC..   So I need to have an exchange where I can Withdrawal USD ..

Once the Bot Buys again I am then back with all my Funds in BTC...     I would have to try and Guess when I think the Price is at the top, then manually sell then try and Transfer some BTC to one of your suggested sites, then hope the Price of BTC dont drop while I am doing all this..  Thus Not let the Bot do its thing.
If it was easy, everybody would just run a bot and get rich.

You've got to design your system around the fact that USD is difficult to move, while BTC is easy.

Maybe move to Japan and get a bank account there so you can withdraw JPY from Mt Gox and wire it to Bitstamp.
Kuroth (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:33:16 PM

Once the Bot sells, my funds are in USD and not BTC..   So I need to have an exchange where I can Withdrawal USD ..

Once the Bot Buys again I am then back with all my Funds in BTC...     I would have to try and Guess when I think the Price is at the top, then manually sell then try and Transfer some BTC to one of your suggested sites, then hope the Price of BTC dont drop while I am doing all this..  Thus Not let the Bot do its thing.
If it was easy, everybody would just run a bot and get rich.

You've got to design your system around the fact that USD is difficult to move, while BTC is easy.

Maybe move to Japan and get a bank account there so you can withdraw JPY from Mt Gox and wire it to Bitstamp.

Thanks for your Input.. I see what your saying...     Cry

waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 03:23:54 AM

I believe even withdrawing Bitcoin have problems now, or did they just solve it?

joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 06:00:42 AM

I believe even withdrawing Bitcoin have problems now, or did they just solve it?

Are you getting an error message or is it just taking forever? Both are known to be pre-existing problems ...

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 06:02:18 AM

i dont think its really their fault. they had something like 4 million dollars stolen from them by the us government.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 06:03:31 AM

i dont think its really their fault. they had something like 4 million dollars stolen from them by the us government.

Naw it's not because of that, it's because he changed his password. They have a warning right on the password change page.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:20:09 AM

no offence and im not racist but the way america has treated gox id refuse to pay anything ib usd if i where gox let the good old US suffer. i like gox and the id stuff is a pain in the ass but being from the UK i dont really have trouble with them
id offer to withdraw to my bank accout and then on to the US but i dont want the freezing my bank accouts because there country is facing financial ruin

ill make it clear im not racist i just dont like America or anything about America
P.S if the NSA is watching go F yourselves  Grin

posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:19:32 PM

They should just stop doing business with anyone based in the US.   Let the yanks play by themselves in their little walled garden.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: