Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Afterburner profile auto profile selection at certain times  (Read 138 times)
portreathbeach (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:41:56 PM

Hi,

I am running my GTX 1060 3Gb at 65% and getting about 270 H/s out of them. I played about with the power settings and did an Excel spreadsheet working out H/s per watt.

As I have a 4KW solar array on my roof, the power during the day is free (unless it is very very overcast) so I would like to know if there is a way to auto switch the current profile in Afterburner. I was thining about having a profile for best H/s per watt for when it is dark and have them running at higher power when the solar panels are producing.

I know that in MSI Afterburner you set hotkeys to automatically jump to and apply a profile, but are there any Windows apps that can send keystrokes to MSI Afterburner at specified times. I know this is possible as I used to do a lot of programming in Windows, but I moved over to Macs about 10 years ago and have lost most of my knowledge on Windows coding.

Anyone else done anything like this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptikco

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

I haven't figured out to do this, so I'll be watching here...  Smiley  great suggestion / question!
portreathbeach (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

After spending a while looking into downloading Microsoft Visual Studio and re-learning a lot of programming I think I may have a solution.

If you type...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" -Profile1

into the start menu in Windows, it will load Afterburner and apply profile 1

If Afterburner is already running, it will not try and load Afterburner again, it will apply profile 1 to the current open window of AfterBurner

So, my thoughts are to set up two profiles, one for cost effective mining (Profile 1) and then one for a more aggressive mining when my power is free (Profile 2).
I will then use Windows TaskSchedular to run Afterburner profiles at various times, a bit like a central heating controller. Say, at 8am, run Afterburner profile 2, then at 6pm, run Afterburner profile 1.

To get a bit more complicated and in case of a power outage during the day, I may setup Afterburner to always load Profile 1 on startup and have an hourly task in TaskSchedular to run Afterburner at the correct profile.

Anyway, I'm just tinkering as we speak and will report back.
portreathbeach (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:17:39 PM

TaskSchedular is way over the top for what I need, so I downloaded the free version of System Scheduler by the company Splinterware. This is much more basic version of TaskSchedular and seems to working very well...

Here's a picture of my rig viewed remotely using TeamViewer with System Scheduler running. It will run automatically minimized on startup too.

http://www.csmithsoftware.com/Misc/SystemScheduler.jpg
cryptikco

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:37:19 PM

Nice job!  This was really helpful.  I might end up doing something similar.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: