Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 05:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-] Over $6.2 Mln In Crypto Assets Lost To Fraud  (Read 60 times)
Hannahanto (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:24:00 PM

Over $6.2 Mln In Crypto Assets Lost To Fraud, Hacks In Japan Last Year.

Over $6.2 mln (662.4 mln yen) of cryptocurrency was lost in 2017 due to fraud and theft, according to statistics released from Japan’s National Police Agency (NPA), local news outlet Nikkei reports today, March 22.

This number does not include the over $500 mln hack of NEM from Japanese crypto exchange Coincheck in late January.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/over-62-mln-in-crypto-assets-lost-to-fraud-hacks-in-japan-last-year

How this can be controlled? Your thoughts?

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:41:04 AM

I hope this fraud can be stopped soon as more and more innocent people are losing their hard-earned money to many scam attacks. I have been one of the many victims and I know that horrifying feeling to see your wallet emptied of the coins/tokens you accumulated for months. We just have to be careful with links not to easily click on them without first thinking if those can be legit or not...phishing attacks are everywhere online. We have to avail of many free services that can pop up warning anytime we are about to open a phishing site.

I am also hoping that we can use the blockchain technology to come up with a new system that will thrash these scammers into the dust bin so they can be stopped right from the very start. How it can be done am hoping someone can be able to formulate for it.

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:51:08 AM

This happens from 2017 and the issue has been released just now?but this is a good amount of crypto just to be lost because of fraud,i think this is enough problem and how this bigger amount holder becomes victim while they are well secured in terms of wallets and storages ,what about us?whos just a normal member and has a limited resources,does this mean that who ever they wanna victimized will be triggered away from the,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: