Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Account with 10 Posts/Activity and 100 Merit ?!  (Read 403 times)
-doubleU- (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:30:43 PM

Today i see a Posting from this Account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=258817

Can any one me explain this? Newbie +10 Post +10 Activity and +100 Merit
What is wrong with the System? I can not see this guy merit history and for his 10 Postings he get no Merit reward from other Users
Is the Merit System buggy or have newbie with old register age will have merits, that will be very unfair for the newcomers Newbie/Jr. Member/Member. So this User can rank up very fast with low quality post only with activity to Full Member.
I'm confused! I think this is not this what theymos want...

███████████████████████████
█████████▀▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀████████
█████▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀█████
████ █▀▄███████████▄▀██████
███▄█ ███████▀ ██████ █ ███
██▀█ ███  ▀▀█  ▀██████ █ ██
██ █ ████▄▄      ▀▀▀██ █ ██
██ █ █████▌        ▄██ ████
███▄█ █████▄▄   ▄▄███ █▀███
████▀█▄▀█████▌  ▀██▀▄█ ████
█████▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀▄█████
████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████████████████████
█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█  ▄  ▄▀▀ █   ▄▀█ ▀█▀ ▄▀▀ ▄███▄
█ █▀█ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀ ▀▀█ █   █ █  █  ▀▀█ ▀███▀
█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█     ▄▄▀ ▀▄▄ █▄▀  █  ▄▄▀   
                                        █
████████████████████████████████████ 
███▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀███ 
█▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀████▄
█ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ █████
█ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ █████
█▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄████▀
███▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████████████████████████████
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▐█████████████▌
▄█  █████████
▄█████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████  ███████████▀
▄█  ██████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████████▀
███████
█████████████████████
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:32:58 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 02:53:05 PM by iasenko

Today i see a Posting from this Account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=258817

What is wrong with the System? I can not see this guy merit history and for his 10 Postings he get no Merit reward from other Users
Is the Merit System buggy or have newbie with old register age will have merits, that will be very unfair for the newcomers Newbie/Jr. Member/Member. So this User can rank up very fast with low quality post only with activity.

Nothing unusual. Check his registration date, seems that all the posts were deleted and that's why the activity went 0 but the merits are there. I guess it's a traded account and the buyer is covering tracks by deleting old posts of the previous owner.

Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:42:12 PM

I think that account is already a Full Member with 100 as a default amount of Merit. Like what Mr. iasenko said, its posts was deleted that's why its activity decreased. The account was made back in 2014 and I'm sure that it reached Full Member rank. It seems like the user deleted all shitposts so that the owner can earn Merits by starting over again with good quality posts. So no need to worry about the Merit system because everything works fine Smiley

404 Not Found
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:08:49 AM

Nothing unusual. Check his registration date, seems that all the posts were deleted and that's why the activity went 0 but the merits are there. I guess it's a tradet account and the buyer is covering tracks by deleting old posts of the previous owner.

I don't think this is the case, actually. I don't see a single "received merit" when I check under their history. It seems that it was just a "bug" during the initial distribution of merit. When the system was released there were certain members that had their merit counts incorrect. It's possible that they just received an incorrect amount of merit to begin with. Deleting posts that have been merited does not cover up your tracks, it just keeps the merit stats and replaces it with "Deleted post" +1 or something. Do you have any proof this person has received a single merit?
ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:05:39 AM

Nothing unusual. Check his registration date, seems that all the posts were deleted and that's why the activity went 0 but the merits are there. I guess it's a tradet account and the buyer is covering tracks by deleting old posts of the previous owner.

I don't think this is the case, actually. I don't see a single "received merit" when I check under their history. It seems that it was just a "bug" during the initial distribution of merit. When the system was released there were certain members that had their merit counts incorrect. It's possible that they just received an incorrect amount of merit to begin with. Deleting posts that have been merited does not cover up your tracks, it just keeps the merit stats and replaces it with "Deleted post" +1 or something. Do you have any proof this person has received a single merit?
That's it. Nothing we can found in his/her merit history. That's actually normal and understandable if 100 merits was allocated due to the account rank (maybe Full member), but I don't think someone wanted to delete all historical posts to drop account rank to Newbie. Sounds mad. Should delete gradually if he/she want to do this.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:32:38 AM

Is the Merit System buggy or have newbie with old register age will have merits, that will be very unfair for the newcomers Newbie/Jr. Member/Member. So this User can rank up very fast with low quality post only with activity to Full Member.
It seems like this already a full member because there is nothing to show with doubleU received merits.I think his post are being deleted that's why the activity is low.
ducdr

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:16:41 AM

It seems like this already a full member because there is nothing to show with doubleU received merits.I think his post are being deleted that's why the activity is low.
I think this is one of current bugs of bitcointalk's merit system, and Theymos should do something to stop this. My suggestion is if someone delete all their past threads, their account ranks should decrease to newbie and merit points should be decreased to 0.
This new rules will help to minimize account trading and stop them to do shitty stuffs like this guy.
I can not imagine that someone buy a Ledgendary account, then delete all past stuffs and total number of post-count drop to 0, the account rank then become Newbie, but merit points still be 1000 or higher.
It's extremely ridiculous.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:07:30 AM

That's actually what I said above, but it seems like no one reads it. A agreed that maybe that account was already a full member and deleted its shitposts in order to receive more merits because people will avoid that account if its posts are all bounties/shitposts.

I don't believe that it was just a bug. There's a possibility that the account has no merit received in history because it is a Full Member before.

But it seems like you got some point too.
If we can just check this account's deleted posts history. Maybe it will enlighten us. But where can we found it? Only Mr. Theymos can tell us the truth behind this account.

404 Not Found
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:13:14 AM

Is the Merit System buggy or have newbie with old register age will have merits, that will be very unfair for the newcomers Newbie/Jr. Member/Member. So this User can rank up very fast with low quality post only with activity.

How can that be? Even if his account was very old i didnt think that even the activities of this account will also disappear. I, too have an old account and successfully recovered it and at first I though that the activities will be faster if I try burst posting in there but, hell no, the activities are just the same like the newcomers. And I also have the experience of having my posts deleted and how come that my activities aren't gone?
I can't seriously think of it as you said. I think it was just a bug because a hundred is the default merit number for FULL MEMBERS after the system was fully established.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:48:10 AM

Theymos to the rescue.

All explanations, suggestions and speculations offered here seem to have fallen short of logical manipulation. The account in question, GiGa#, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;threads;u=258817;sa=showPosts has a mere 10 posts and activities since March 2014. That's a horrible post history to earn such Merit to start with.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:13:38 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 08:55:11 AM by iasenko

Let me be more clear, I wrote my comment while I was waiting someone to pick me up, coz I forgot my keys, then he came and had no time for detailed explanation.

So, the account was a full member with all the activity and had the default amount of merit (100) for his rank.
Then the owner decide to delete all his posts and start all over. When your posts are deleted, you are loosing the activity generated by them.

The merit on the other hand, is something you cannot lose. So the default amount of 100 will remain even without any activity. There is no merit history, because he got the default merit back on 25 of January, when the system was introduced and he was a Full Member that time.

I hope now it's more clear Smiley

sitnikov

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:17:35 AM

Ok, this members might be abusing the merit system. Just mention them in related threads and leave the decision to the mods. Some are abusing the merit system but it does not mean that other new members do not have a chance. You should also see the positive side here where some new members were able to rank up with merits earned after the merit system was introduced. It means that it is also working for some people. Till the merit system is improved (like increasing the merits in circulation), we have to make up for it with more effort.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
anwar98

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:18:15 AM

I think this is something extraordinary. Accounts created from 2014 to date are still Newbie and have 10 posts 10 actives and 100 merits. If you think logic if the account continues to active until now the possibility has become legendary. Maybe this is just a bug and I hope Theymos immediately check this.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 09:29:57 AM

I think this is something extraordinary. Accounts created from 2014 to date are still Newbie and have 10 posts 10 actives and 100 merits. If you think logic if the account continues to active until now the possibility has become legendary. Maybe this is just a bug and I hope Theymos immediately check this.
did you read other members said, its not bug eighter the owner deleted thier post or the thread the he is replying has been deleted by the moderator.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

Let me be more clear, I wrote my comment while I was waiting someone to pick me up, coz I forgot my keys, then he came and had no time for detailed explanation.

So, the account was a full member with all the activity and had the default amount of merit (100) for his rank.
Then the owner decide to delete all his posts and start all over. When your posts are deleted, you are loosing the activity generated by them.

The merit on the other hand, is something you cannot lose. So the default amount of 100 will remain even without any activity. There is no merit history, because he got the default merit back on 25 of January, when the system was introduced and he was a Full Member that time.

I hope now it's more clear Smiley

I actually think his posts got deleted with the recent post recount made by theymos when he deleted thousands of posts and threads and a lot of people were complaining about having less posts or as you said he deleted them himself but it wouldn't really make much sense.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:07:15 AM

For me, that "GiGa#" was silly because I don't see any good reason why it is necessary to delete all the posts of the previous owner. If I were him, I will just continue what the previous owner started and make the post history as his reference for his future posts.

Well, that's not my life anyway so have no choice but to respect his decision. Cheesy
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1215

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 10:46:10 AM

For me, that "GiGa#" was silly because I don't see any good reason why it is necessary to delete all the posts of the previous owner. If I were him, I will just continue what the previous owner started and make the post history as his reference for his future posts.

Well, that's not my life anyway so have no choice but to respect his decision. Cheesy
Deleting all post of your history is that not prohibited or against by the law here in the forum?

I think his demoted of full member ranks to a newbie rank that's why GiGa#'s account has a 100 merit.
I saw like that here in the forum but i forgot his profile name, a jr.member who wear an avatar he also has 100 merit, i think he is demoted from the staff here, but deleting your old post make your rank demoted.

Well, it takes for a month I guess before he is back to full member rank.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:10:00 PM

Let me be more clear

Ahhh, okay, I was not considering this as a possibility for some reason. It seems silly that someone would purchase a Full member account and then delete all of the posts, although I suppose it does make it easier to make the account appear to be yours. Painting the account with new posting habits, and now they already have the merit to rank up automatically. I would agree, now that I understand what you're saying, that they are sending me red-flags about being abusive. I would love a public explanation for why they are doing what they are doing.
cryptohacker29@

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:19:06 PM

Brutalizing the newbies. May be this profile had connections with the merit spammers who sold their merits for money. Where do we go. We are unable to get merited. And some f**k guys get the merits for no reason. What the system want to do. Make  corrupted bitcointalk now.
marboloasia

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:23:46 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 04:28:04 PM by marboloasia

Now the most UNUSUAL thing happened here

so many members said it's normal,  it's nothing unusual,  it's not strange, and try to cover the truth about the system bug or merit trading !!!

join date is 2014, so the member should be full member before Huh?
people deleted thousand posts to downgrade to newbie?Huh

WHAT A JOKE !!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: