Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are some algorithm keeps crashing on me..  (Read 160 times)
duhjeff (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:23:07 AM

So I've been mining for a few months now.   Ive been running on equihash on nvidia cards and ethash on amd cards without much problems.  However, I've been trying to mine other algorithms but for some strange reason...they will run for a bit and then windows will crash on me.   I've been trying out on most of the mining programs here but with no luck...am i doing something wrong?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 12:26:38 AM

So I've been mining for a few months now.   Ive been running on equihash on nvidia cards and ethash on amd cards without much problems.  However, I've been trying to mine other algorithms but for some strange reason...they will run for a bit and then windows will crash on me.   I've been trying out on most of the mining programs here but with no luck...am i doing something wrong?

what you have cards, what settings overclock?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:31:05 AM

Overclock settings that may work just fine for one algo, may not work the same on another.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
duhjeff (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:38:17 AM

So I've been mining for a few months now.   Ive been running on equihash on nvidia cards and ethash on amd cards without much problems.  However, I've been trying to mine other algorithms but for some strange reason...they will run for a bit and then windows will crash on me.   I've been trying out on most of the mining programs here but with no luck...am i doing something wrong?

most recent fiasco

Vega - mined on ethash no problem.  switched to cast xmr to mine cryptonight...crash within minutes (and i put back to stock settings)

1080 ti rigs - put back stop and run neoscrypt...crash too
Mr.Spider703

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 12:44:13 AM

most recent fiasco

Vega - mined on ethash no problem.  switched to cast xmr to mine cryptonight...crash within minutes (and i put back to stock settings)

1080 ti rigs - put back stop and run neoscrypt...crash too

on 1080ti overclock PL +85 core +100 mem +100 and try run neoscrypt
test your work, if all is stable you can add +10 on core and mem, until the system crash
then a little to reduce and test again
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:20:59 AM

every card is different with every ALGO.

1080TIs were my hardest to get tuned in. There were some algos which I never could get either.

I also found the 1% of optimization i was trying to get was lost when it crashed for 30+ minutes

Get awesome miner and be done with it.
duhjeff (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:57:07 AM

1080TIs were my hardest to get tuned in. There were some algos which I never could get either.

I also found the 1% of optimization i was trying to get was lost when it crashed for 30+ minutes

I did use awesome miner, but it still crashes and loop it back to other coins to mine....sometimes
Mr.Spider703

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:58:19 AM

I did use awesome miner, but it still crashes and loop it back to other coins to mine....sometimes
down overclock
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:18:22 AM

If you already mined at stock setting (without OC) but it still keep crashing, I think the possible reason is you set too high intensity (for neoscrypt algo).
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:48:05 AM

Because oc gpu .This is why crashing.
farizfadzimi

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:22:04 PM

Yeap. This happens to me too.
How to fix this?
I run Ethash with my RX580 just fine.
Then switch to Equihash still okay.
But when I tried to run neoscrypt it crashes.
Then CryptoKnight is okay, but you can’t run Ethash like before again one of gpu will crash.
I think few things to be considered here.

1. Power - PSU allocation of power must be done carefully as to not over stress it
2. Windows have a problem when switching. Gotta restart before you run other algo

I think linux is the solution here for flexibility.
That’s what it is isn’t it for us GPU miners.
Flexibility.
We need to be able to switch any time we want without complications.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

Does mpm have a log choice? If you could log the mistake we could help with diagnosing the hassle. In nemosminer you could upload the --log argument and it will make a log of the whole thing revealed to the console. knowing what the console says before it crashes makes it easier to diagnose the hassle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: