Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:31:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: El Petro, Trump, Putin and OIL  (Read 263 times)
Nikolyovin (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:59:45 AM

It's no secret that Venezuela has huge inflation. Nicholas Maduro tries with the help of crypto currency to solve problems in the Venezuelan economy, as this will help to avoid the dollar and circumvent the sanctions. The name of this crypt El Petro, and secured it will be OIL! Donald Trump banned this coin for the US, to exert pressure on Nicholas Maduro, but thus increased the popularity of El Petro. There are also rumors that Russian names have helped in the development, names like Denis Druzhkov and Fedor Bogorodsky, in particular, it is alleged that the president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, was advised by Russian billionaires directly related to the Kremlin. It is assumed that, having secured the support of President Putin, they were responsible for developing El Petro. Do you think there is a future for El Petro and will this coin help Venezuela?
P.S. Sorry for my English
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:57:07 AM

Do you think there is a future for El Petro and will this coin help Venezuela?

No and no.

Petro is a total scam. It is claimed to be backed by oil, but Venezuela's infrastructure, economy and oil sector are practically non-existent.

Maduro is a murderous dictator. Any profit made from Petro will be funnelled to his brutal regime, and will not benefit the Venezuelan people whatsoever.

If you buy this coin, you have the blood of innocents on your hands.
Nikolyovin (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:07:15 AM

According to the Venezuelan news agency (AVN), 100 million El Petro will be placed on the ICO, of which 82.4 million were available for pre-sale between February 20 and March 20.

According to the Venezuelan news agency (AVN), 100 million El Petro will be placed on the ICO, of which 82.4 million were available for pre-sale between February 20 and March 20. Applications for the purchase of crypto-currencies were filed from 127 countries, including Afghanistan, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Russia, the United States, France, Japan and China for $ 5 million.
aviven

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

Considering the fact that Petro is backed by oil, and knowing that oil industry of Venezuela is in huge crisis right know, it seems logical to assume that such crypto won’t be economically successful
jakartanthor

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:13:29 AM

I know y’all have always been skeptical about it, but, firstly, American sources made thi image of El Petro being fake, and then, you cannot deny the fact that The government did a great job of developing and promoting Petro
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 11:45:15 AM

This would certainly help Venezuela.
And it can be profitable if Venezuela government works in favor of investors.
They can boycott IMF and world bank by selling their own using El Petro while increasing the value of token.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
kriptokraker

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:59:15 AM

This would certainly help Venezuela.
And it can be profitable if Venezuela government works in favor of investors.
They can boycott IMF and world bank by selling their own using El Petro while increasing the value of token.

I wouldn’t be so confident. Petro is Venezuela’s weapon in economic war with the first-world countries with developed economies, so, although Maduro is actively promoting El Petro, I don’t think it will be enough
carhasger

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:05:36 PM

Do you think there is a future for El Petro and will this coin help Venezuela?

No and no.

Petro is a total scam. It is claimed to be backed by oil, but Venezuela's infrastructure, economy and oil sector are practically non-existent.

Maduro is a murderous dictator. Any profit made from Petro will be funnelled to his brutal regime, and will not benefit the Venezuelan people whatsoever.

If you buy this coin, you have the blood of innocents on your hands.

Although this guy is exaggerating things, I totally agree with his common logic
kriptokraker

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:36:35 PM

It's no secret that Venezuela has huge inflation. Nicholas Maduro tries with the help of crypto currency to solve problems in the Venezuelan economy, as this will help to avoid the dollar and circumvent the sanctions. The name of this crypt El Petro, and secured it will be OIL! Donald Trump banned this coin for the US, to exert pressure on Nicholas Maduro, but thus increased the popularity of El Petro. There are also rumors that Russian names have helped in the development, names like Denis Druzhkov and Fedor Bogorodsky, in particular, it is alleged that the president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, was advised by Russian billionaires directly related to the Kremlin. It is assumed that, having secured the support of President Putin, they were responsible for developing El Petro. Do you think there is a future for El Petro and will this coin help Venezuela?
P.S. Sorry for my English

They wouldn’t do anything good with El Petro, but, most importantly, Venezuelan people still prefer bitcoin and Maduro has to force Petro’s use))
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:30:22 PM

I also follow the events in Venezuela. We do not have a clear answer since we are not residents of this country.
I think people who live in this country can talk more about inflation and whether President Maduro's reforms helped in their lives. All the opinions that I could find on Internet from ordinary Venezuelans are very negative. Reforms are not evaluated by banks or the government. In my opinion, only residents of the country can honestly assess whether there is any sense in this coin El Petro.
aviven

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:18:22 PM

I also follow the events in Venezuela. We do not have a clear answer since we are not residents of this country.
I think people who live in this country can talk more about inflation and whether President Maduro's reforms helped in their lives. All the opinions that I could find on Internet from ordinary Venezuelans are very negative. Reforms are not evaluated by banks or the government. In my opinion, only residents of the country can honestly assess whether there is any sense in this coin El Petro.

I assume that like in most countries all reforms on the government level are not targeted at common folks, so they are not even aware of El Petro’s existence. Therefore, Petro coin is practically useless for most Venezuelans 
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

I strongly doubt that this cryptocurrency will help solve the problem of inflation in Venezuela. I don't think this cryptocurrency will become popular either.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
apelopus

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:11:29 AM

Now that Maduro’s re-elected, what will come next for El Petro? Any opinions?
jgaltt

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:54:53 PM

Now that Maduro’s re-elected, what will come next for El Petro? Any opinions?

With US imposing new sanctions on Venezuelan oil industry, which is by the way already experiencing deep crisis, such oil-backed crypto currency like El Petro will have to struggle for its bright future
czhen

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:12:16 PM

if talking opportunities of course there must be a small percentage of it, but all it would need special attention, especially by local governments and superpowers
carhasger

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:16:05 PM

if talking opportunities of course there must be a small percentage of it, but all it would need special attention, especially by local governments and superpowers

By “superpowers” you mean Russia and US? Well, then I don’t really understand what you are talking about. Although I highly doubt that Russian banks can do any more help
apelopus

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:02:43 PM

Personally, I think El Petro’s greatest problem - liquidity hasn’t been solved yet, and currently it is really difficult to improve the situation. US boycott and new sanctions will be a huge obstacle, as usual. That is why, I guess, Maduro has stopped mentioning Petro recently
aviven

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:22:18 PM

Venezuelan Maduro will destroy country’s oil sector himself, and the process of destruction has already started. It is highly likely that U.S. is going to implement full embargo soon, and additionally, according to Forbes:”While Venezuela and PDVSA have technically been in default since November, their bondholders and creditors have until recently been patient about debt repayment schedules. The recent move by ConocoPhillips to seize PDVSA assets in the Caribbean as compensation for the $2 billion of upstream holdings that Venezuela nationalized in 2007 could not only deal a blow to the state oil company’s exports, but also set off a wave of legal claims from numerous creditors seeking payment before PDVSA’s cash flow dries up.”
Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/daneberhart/2018/05/23/how-to-deal-with-venezuela-without-shocking-oil-markets/#5fabdd731aa5

Oil backed Petro is next to go
jgaltt

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:57:10 AM

India says no plans for oil trade with Venezuela using 'petro' cryptocurrency
Reuters|May 28, 2018,

NEW DELHI: India said on Monday it had no plans to use Venezuela's local cryptocurrency 'petro' in oil trade with the Latin American nation, which is facing sanctions from the United States.

Responding to a question at a news conference, Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj cited an order by the country's central bank saying it did not allow trade using cryptocurrency.

Venezuela, whose oil output is falling under pressure from the U.S. sanctions, is offering discount on oil sales done in 'petro'.

Indian media earlier reported that Venezuela had offered as much as 30 percent discount on oil sales to Indian refiners provided they traded in 'petro'.

Now that’s a bad news for El Petro investors!
carhasger

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:00:06 PM

Spanish sources also say that the government of President Nicolás Maduro was overshadowed in the amount of Petros committed, offering about 130 million of the cryptocurrency for housing projects, a bank, international agreements and the development of industrial zones in several areas of the country , despite the fact that what is established in the technical document of the cryptocurrency indicates that its issuance is 100 million units. If it is true, than the Venezuelan authorities made a huge mistake
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: