Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH vs BTC?  (Read 622 times)
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:43:53 PM

To be honest I have come across various such articles stating not only BCH but many other cryptos can cross bitcoin in capitalization and value. Talking specifically about Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Cash wouldn't be able to cross bitcoin and also from what I have heard that the team behind bitcoin cash isn't a very professional one. I have also one article where Bitcoin cash asked steam to make bitcoin cash as one of their payment methods but was denied xD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:36:02 PM

Hi, guys, I found few articles on the Internet stating that BCH will cross BTC in few months/years. Is there any possibility? Whats your opinion?

There is very less probability of this happening. However, one thin has surprised me for sure. BCH was showing positive returns recently (24 hours period) when all other coins were red (including bitcoins). This is the sign of a good coin and if it continues to show similar behavior in future, I am going to invest some money there as well. So far I had invested mainly in bitcoins and ripple only. In my opinion only ehtereum has the capability to cross bitcoins in future.

first of all in the past 24 hours BCH has been falling like any other altcoin if not more. according to stats it has dropped nearly 8% since yesterday so i don't know how in the world you are saying it is showing "positive returns".

secondly just because some altcoin is being pumped doesn't mean they are good. and from your altcoins choices (ETH, XRP, BCH) it shows that you are a bag holder who has bought into these coins wishing to make a lot of money but you have been losing a lot instead since you are bag holding instead of trading them!
Comparing altcoin like BCH with Bitcoin is insult in itself for the king of the crypto currencies and then claiming that altcoin is better than bitcoin shows the lameness and shallow understanding of such a person. No altcoin is better than bitcoin and this is a fact, even haters agree with this. Bitcoin returns the biggest amount of profit and it is also the benchmark for altcoins. People need to do a little research before supporting any coin to get the facts.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:59:30 PM

Hi, guys, I found few articles on the Internet stating that BCH will cross BTC in few months/years. Is there any possibility? Whats your opinion?
Article? Which article did you mean? Next time include the article link, so the news can be verified and not create confusion. BCH has been released since long ago and since then BCH remains below Bitcoin, its development never been heard on the surface. Ah yes, maybe this is a part of BCH promotion, I appreciate it, but it would be nice if you promote it through articles or news.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:12:22 PM

Everyone says this coin and that coin will defeat Bitcoin, but in reality there is nothing can beat the popularity and the price of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is like a snowball, and altcoin is a clot of snows on the ground when following the path of Bitcoin it will go big, meanwhile Bitcoin will automatically get bigger. I don’t know what could have move Bitcoin from its top position, but I don’t think anyone would want that either if Bitcoin had to be replaced or its price dropped drastically because many people put their hopes on Bitcoin by investing their money in Bitcoin. So I think this transition will be difficult even in the highly dynamic world of cryptocurrency.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:23:18 PM

If you are talking about articles saying this and that you could find many things online as anyone can post anything in their websites, you need to show some solid proof to tell certainly that the price of bitcoin cash will go up and be the main currency, by the way it is performing now and they way in which bitcoin is getting stronger when it comes to low transaction fees at this point, i do not see any coins over taking bitcoin.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:40:16 PM

No doubt i chose strongly btc because it is the king of all currency and the demand is always high . for long term investment in my list btc always first position.
I do not believe in the value of BCH so I will choose BTC because it has the biggest value and the most supportive community in the world. Now the market is down a lot so this is a chance to You can invest in the best bitcoin. Be optimistic as the market will soon recover.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:47:32 PM

Bitcoin Cash hasn't got any chance to win with Bitcoin. It claims to be faster and... I think that's the only thing the claim to be better than what we call today Bitcoin. I personally think that Bitcoin has better scalability thanks to SegWit which allowed us to introduce Lightning Network which is currently being worked on by many developers. People want to pay with Bitcoin for small transactions instantly. That was something that Bitcoin lacked. Bitcoin Cash will be quickly ditched because of its enormous size of the blockchain. It will take weeks to synchronise with their blockchain in the future because of higher blocksize which will have to be increased constantly.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

i would say Bitcoin. Bitcoin is an index that all the crypto world depends on. of course, there were some efforts of Bitcoin cash to take the "power" over bitcoin. But all the efforts were empty. Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash are useless, because they are just coins. there are so many coins that are much stronger than BCH or BTC in a way of technology. But BTC is a king, the one and only.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:46:03 PM

To be honest I have come across various such articles stating not only BCH but many other cryptos can cross bitcoin in capitalization and value. Talking specifically about Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Cash wouldn't be able to cross bitcoin and also from what I have heard that the team behind bitcoin cash isn't a very professional one. I have also one article where Bitcoin cash asked steam to make bitcoin cash as one of their payment methods but was denied xD.
How can you tell that the team behind bitcoin cash is not a professional one, in my opinion that is the only fork that is still going strong and they have a clear vision on what they path will be, but for people or stores to accept it is another thing, i am sure many have thought about switching to bitcoin cash when the bitcoin transaction charges were getting higher, now with the transaction charges back to normal the hype behind other coins will fade away.  Cheesy
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:21:03 PM

Neither Bitcoin Core nor Bitcoin Cash will survive until we solve the scaling problem. Neither have a good solution yet. Bitcoin Cash's big blocks just delay the inevitable if volume ever ramps up again, and there are many questions surrounding Bitcoin Core Lightning Network.
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

BCH would not be able to defeat the BTC news are created in order to sell a particular asset. Much stronger and has faith in him above.
Weeko

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:26:52 PM

From my own experience I can say that there are so many people, so many opinions. No one with full confidence will say how it will be. So my opinion is: create a portfolio, buy everything a little and you will be happy)
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

It's almost something in common. although BCH fork results from bitcoin but the number of coin and max supply is the same. and also I prefer to compare with ETH BTC in comparison with BCH. because it gives more benefit in transaction and digital project. making the market more active potential.
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:48:16 PM

BCH will never cross BTC. People simply don't realize what BCH is. But If for some reason BCH overtakes BTC as Roger Ver and the other pumpers expect it to happen, that would spell doom for all Bitcoin derived cryptos and forks. That would lead to a total loss of confidence in Bitcoin. It would mean that any fork could come along and challenge Bitcoin. If the price of BCH cross the value of BTC, any future fork could do the same. In fact it would be assumed that a future fork most likely would do the same.
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:54:08 PM

The two tokens are not synonymous, but Bitcoin Cash is essentially an alternative cryptocurrency created to solve Bitcoin’s scalability issues. Many new cryptocurrency investors might be confused by the two Bitcoin cryptocurrencies and which one they should be buying.
We outline more information on all of this is our blog, so check it out  Smiley

bit.ly/BTCvsBCH

Hope this helps!

Mintdice.com
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:09:20 AM

Many FUD outsource about bitcoincash saying that real Bitcoin is the BCH. Roger always claim that FORK Bitcoincash is the real bitcoin its a big no for me. Bitcoincash is a Fake and no use in the real world they want only is to pump and dump.

#Datarius
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:19:16 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 03:01:56 AM by OROBTC

I got an airdrop of some BCH after last year's fork, but it took some time for my various wallets to start supporting it (two still do not).

For a fairly long time I noticed that the price ratio of BTC:BCH was about 8.5.  Now BTC is over 10 x the price of BCH.  This is an observation, no judgement or anything.  But, since BTC is becoming more valuable (relatively) than BCH, I wonder if that means anything...

BTW, yesterday I did three small BTC transactions.  All were simple.  I chose the higher/priority fee in each case.  Cost: $0.08 each.  Confirmed in next block.

To save money, maybe sending BTC on Saturday night might be the way to go.

If BTC trx fees continue to be so low, that might not mean a great future for BCH...
nurilham

Activity: 1442
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:44:29 AM

In a situation like this, bitcoin prices never go up. there is always news or information that there will be altcoins that replace bitcoin like BCH. which I know BCH has not shown such a prominent benefit, for example like ETH that almost everyone knows the benefits of ETH so much. It should be an ETH that can replace bitcoin. for now, I still hope bitcoin able to go back up the price.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Idoe

Activity: 334
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:54:55 AM

in the Crypto world nothing is impossible, maybe BCH can pass BTC but in my opinion, it takes a long time because of BTC price difference and demand far more than BCH.
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:55:00 AM

in my opinion for BCH overtaking Bitcoin still need a great effort. at least BCH must pass Ethereum and Ripple. because to see the progress that happened was pretty good. with a good development BCH able to pass Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆