Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:06:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your criteria to assess an ICO?  (Read 215 times)
tm2k

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:36:46 AM

1. The idea of the project should solve real problems.
2. A team of people with experience and reputation, live contacts, an opportunity to talk with the team
3. Presence of finished product.
4. compliance of information in all documents, clear description of the project, no suspicious information when verifying the domain

I fully agree with DmitriySar - as long as I believe in their idea and the whitepaper looks not copied or strange I think about investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don Stefanello

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:44:19 AM

It has to be something that is of interest for me, like for example, artificial intelligence, than i go and check the team bacground and see if the project is legit, after that i try to see how would that act in this market and would it be possible to have some bright future
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:50:38 AM

I only research projects that experts has rated. I compare rating of different expert and choose the top rated. At least with a rating of 50% and above. I most times confirm the information  then check the idea or product, consider the hardcap, bonuses level (i prefer no bonuses to 10% bonuses), percentage sold at presale and its bonuses.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:02:04 PM

I consider a lot of things. E.g
1 What it is created for, I.e is it solving a real life problem
2 is there a working prototype for the project.
3 the team. Whether it has a good number of hallstars
4 the hard cap

marcrenton

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:09:13 PM

I think, it is:
1. The team of developers
2. Support and comunication
3. Whitelist
4. Cap
5. Idea
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

White paper and technical route and open source code, this is a new ICO project, I care about three factors.
From the white paper and the technical route, we can find out whether the project has the potential, and the open source code can tell whether the technical team of this project has the ability to realize it.

seggardinggins

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

It has to be something that is of interest for me, like for example, artificial intelligence, than i go and check the team bacground and see if the project is legit, after that i try to see how would that act in this market and would it be possible to have some bright future
Although the background of the development team is important to assess but the project concept is still the most important thing to consider as many new development teams we do not know so is it possible to consider because we are also new people here
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:35:20 PM

These days scammers and theft disguises themselves to be a legit project, you can't just stop assessing an ICO because they have a fancy whitepaper, website, a legit look-alike team member and a responsive support during the pre-sale and the actual crowdsale, check their whitepaper if they are developing a believable and a working products or platform, don't just fall from their promotions and bonuses there's a case that the actual release from the exchange is cheaper from the deal, check the background and the authenticity of the team member mostly the founder you must validate their identity if they are a real person, be cautious as anyone can create their own ICO.
RickFoster (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:40:00 AM

I think it's difficult to identify a truly potential ICO. Those scammers out there, they make up everything, from development team to the whitepaper or roadmap. They even build a website and a support team to take our money  Embarrassed
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:52:25 AM

Experienced development teams are highly likely to create successful ICOs, and with the right project plan, ICO may be a success,
This question is asked a lot of people in this forum,
ICOs that have potential future project management teams have in-depth knowledge, a clear roadmap, and on the website should show a clear capital mobilization.

We look at the project that we will follow and see, and before that, we see the first whitepaper that must be in every ICO project we see first read so that we are not wrong for ICO project because For ICO I see if ICO project is good Then it will be successful
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:39:05 AM

This question a lot of people ask on this forum. But I also offer some basic evaluation criteria as follows: First you analyze the ICO's products that have potential in the future, the project management team has in-depth knowledge, clear roadmap, and on the web site must show a clear capital mobilization. Join the group Telegram or facebook to see the opinions of other members.
Yeah, product and team will always come first for me as well. What is the point investing in an empty promise as that is what some ICOs always end up doing ?

As long as you can see a product or some code, then you should be able to access the team to see what they are capable of doing and if they are for real. If a team does not look like some that can do the job or just some school boys looking to make some quick cash, I always stay away. I am investing in a project with future not promises.
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:44:08 AM

Hello guys  Wink Wink Wink
What convinces you to join a brand new project? I suppose that this is the wonders of many investors, so why don't we share our opinions in this topic?
Thanks  Smiley
I think the most important thing to consider is the team member and see if they are god enough to make the coins high in the future.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:46:20 PM

The background of the team and the state of the product (if any) are obviously two of the major factors for consideration.
Same here bro! Gone are the days when you will have to start digesting some whitepaper and expecting some huge gains only to end up in the hands of scammers. Anyone can design a good whitepaper by paying an English man, and then design a good road map and website, but I always ask if the team can do it for me, and if I have any doubts about the team, I would rather wait for a launch on exchange before deciding to buy. After all, these days, the prices on exchange even end up getting lower than ICO price anyway.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:07:20 AM

What convinces you to join a brand new project? I suppose that this is the wonders of many investors, so why don't we share our opinions in this topic?
Thanks  Smiley

A thoroughly written whitepaper is something that each ICO must possess. Good goals and plans are something that each participant and investor must study if he/her wants to actually gain profit and not with the loss if developers run in the middle of the campaign with the invested money.
I personally had some fail investment at the start of my joining to the market.
I didn't make enough research and I actually followed bigger investors which were probably in cooperation with the developers.
From that day of my loss, I am never doing the same mistake. If you don't take enough of your time to study the project better don't invest!
If I were you, I will take whitepaper as nothing these days. If you are on the lookout for whitepaper, you will get some smart scammers that would design one for you, write it pretty well and then you will then start wondering where you missed it eventually when you get scammed. Some have made scamming their office now and they will do all it takes to deceive people. For me, the team and the product is all I need, and every other thing is secondary.

In my list of criteria the first one that I do not ever miss is the team. If the team cannot do it for me based on their past achievements and based on digging them to be real, then there is really no reason for me to go further reading anything about the project, even though I always try to get a quick glimpse of the project first with the website. After that, I can then access the project and find if there is a product and the possibility of being a useful one.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:15:57 AM

Thanks  Smiley

Some of the most important thing  to consider when joining new project are; Roadmap, White paper, Team, and Vision
regexlove

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:00:41 AM

1. strong team with experience in what they offer
2. whitepaper and other documents of company
3. social media
4. listing
5. value of investing in this project
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:23:07 AM

This question a lot of people ask on this forum. But I also offer some basic evaluation criteria as follows: First you analyze the ICO's products that have potential in the future, the project management team has in-depth knowledge, clear roadmap, and on the web site must show a clear capital mobilization. Join the group Telegram or facebook to see the opinions of other members.

Before I decide to assess an ICO first I will look at and read  at their white papers what are their goals in creating their project platforms how credible their ducuments as specified. I will do also a certain research about their projects. Because their some ICO also are scams. So its better to be meticulous before we assess an ICO.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:04:20 PM

Thanks  Smiley

Well for me, the very first thing that I look at an ICO is the concept of their project as to whether it solves real problems or creates an imaginary problem for it to solve. After that, if I somehow liked the concept, I then proceed to look at the developing team to make sure if they are experienced people in creating ICOs and are really good at what they do. Then, I look at the community it has supporting it and ask a few questions. And then, I proceed to reading the white paper to know their whole plan for the project. And lastly, I ask more about the things on the white paper to make things clearer for me so that I can be sure that my investments are in good hands.

Hope this helps you man, good luck.
podavan

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:23:41 PM

Recently I met with a very interesting way of choosing promising ISO. The key is to monitor which projects are invested in successful venture capital funds that specialize in investing in blockchain start-ups.
Dimasta

Activity: 202

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:32:42 PM

There are many similar topics on the forum. I go to the project site, I look at the idea (it's better to choose something that is related to energy, storage of information ...), I look at the team, the road map. The best is when there is already a working product.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: