Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts regarding Etherium and it's tokens classed as securities by the SEC  (Read 93 times)
Webark (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:31:24 PM

Recently came across some information regarding Ethereum and any coins developed using it's platform being regarded as securities by the SEC, In an attempt to Regulate ICO's. I believe they will succeed in placing some tighter regulations. Would be great to have a blockchain based platform however not sure if one is development.
Sure i'm speaking for some when saying we need some sort of regulations in ICO, from a beginners perspective as well as speaking to others on the matter the markets comes across negatively and less inviting overall with so many scams right.

Anyway long story short, i'm curious to know if classifying Ethereum and tokens associated with it as securities will basically mean all the tokens will need to be registered. I'm sure some might have already done so however my main concern is how it might influence the market?

Is it possible for CMC to remove all tokens associated with Ethereum once it is classified as a security and all tokens etc must be registered. it's seems a bit dramatic and unlikely to me and curious to know what other was their might be around imposing these regulations..

My feelings tell me that prior to the launch of Goldman sachs digital currency exchange we will see more price dips and the ICOs might be regualted within this time period. All of which will likely bring the prices lower for other investors in move in to accumulate. Anyway that's another story for another thread..

Either way have plans to invest in Ethereum and believe in the project just when and how much is not decided yet..

Would love to hear you thoughts on this matter please and advice will be greatly appreciated..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: