Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:44:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shillambo - A shill Lamborghini project  (Read 106 times)
Techis404 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:27:30 PM

Hi guys,

As you can clearly see, I don't often post here. However, this being the main nexus of the cryptosphere i'd like to roll out this little project to you.

My team and I have been working on this idea for about two months and we're "soft" launching. We're calling it Shillambo, a Shill Lamborghini project where in we'll wrap my 2004 Gallardo in whatever cryptocurrency chosen by the community. My thinking is that this will be a great way to generate some buzz for a smaller or upstart Alt and likely create a lot of memes. Furthermore, this project is going to benefit North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue, a local operation to me that i've adpoted from in the past. Great people.

We've got full details on the site Shillambo.com, so if this peaks your interest go check us out. I'm pasting below an overview of the project as posted in our subreddit (set up to point reddit communities there) Take a look, let me know what you think, and feel free to hit us up on Twitter, youtube, or via the contact form. Thanks for reading!

Twitter: @shillambo
Youtube: Shillambo (I stream the car, because)
Reddit: Shillambo

Crypto & Lambos

We all know the meme. Buy high, sell low, hodl, profit then buy your Lambo. Some facsimile of that anyway.

My name is Matt, and I happen to own one of these ridiculous machines. I'm not a crypto whale, i'm just a regular guy who has done OK in business. Ive been aware of crypto currencies since around 2013, but didn't take the plunge until last year. Since arriving, i've noticed how strong the Lambo meta is and been trying to think of a way to use it to promote and monetize (business guy, remember?) A few months ago, I had the idea which has now become Shillambo, and i'm excited to share it with you if you'll allow.

Here's the jist:

We're going to take this 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo and wrap it head to tippy toe in a slick design featuring one cryptocurrency as voted on by you. Voting is handled by sending any amount of ETH to a wallet corresponding to the coin of your choice. Don't see your coin listed? Let us know, it'll be added. At the end of the project, the wallet holding the most Eth wins and the car gets wrapped right away. We'll have professional photos & videos done and blasted out on the internet for anyone to use. I think this has a lot of potential to hype up a coin, or be used for some at least mediocre memes. I mean, can you imagine a Jesuscoin Lambo?

How to Vote

We've set up several ethereum wallets each corresponding to different popular crypto currencies. I've ignored some of the larger coins for now, because nobody really wants to see another Bitcoin promotion. While we're certainly willing to set up a voting address for it, ideally i'd like to see a smaller coin going on the car, but that isn't my call! To vote, participants simply send any amount of Ethereum to the address corresponding to their chosen crypto. At contest's end, the wallet containing the most is deemed the winner, and we begin the process of wrapping the car. We're setting a hard mandate on ourselves that we have one month to complete the job fully. That means that design, wrapping, and photographs will be done in under one month from the program's end date. During the contest, you can follow the Etherscan links to check how far along each wallet is. Also, none of the contents of the wallets will be moved until the program's end.

So what happens to all that ETH?

A few things. First, we need to pay to wrap the car. We've broken down the minimums on our site [Shillambo.com](www.shillambo.com) for your to review and scrutinize. We've set a minimum amount that must be hit (cumulative amount of all wallets) for the program to execute. If we don't hit this amount, ALL FUNDS are sent to charity. More on that below. Over that, the funds are split with 60% going to charity and 40% getting internally split up among our team, which is really just myself and Chris (he's the guy doing most of the work). As you'll find out, i'm doing this Open Kimono, with transparency being of the upmost importance. I need to earn your confidence for this to work.

Send ETH huh, sounds scammy

You're goddamn right it does, and its been my biggest question and hurdle since day 1. Confidence isn't something easily attained in this space given there is a new scam every minute. I know i'm climbing up hill but my I have faith that through our actions we will demonstrate we're keeping it on the up and up. Ideally, the community can suggest ways for us to take the edge off.

Whats this about charity

A personal favorite of mine, North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue. From their site: "We are a non profit, no kill animal rescue in Charlotte NC. Helping to end pet abandonment, abuse and neglect." They do great work. My first rescue animal came via NMAR's fostering program. They're very active in terms of rescuing these animals, and facilitating their placement into a forever home. I've got a total of 5 of them now, and I'd consider it among the only few things i'm actually passionate about. If you'd like to skip this silly crypto-car-wrapping project all together and donate to them directly, please do. Direct link to their donation page (no crypto sadly) Here. If you're not as inclined to send actual $, we've also set up a donation-only wallet that will go directly to NMAR and has nothing to do with the contest. I'll cash it out, convert it to USD at contest's end regardless of spot price, and send them a check.

AHA, but you're taking money too!

You bet! Lamborghinis chew through a lot of gas, so myself and the team are claiming the remaining 40% of the donations above the minimum for ourselves. Chris especially put a lot of work into this project, and i'm hopeful to see him get a nice little payday from this extra-curricular activity on top of his daily duties. As for me, I have no shame in monetizing such a thing. Its a win-win for everyone involved!

What else?

Everything is detailed out on our site Shillambo.com. The minimums, rules, and guides on what we'll do is all laid out. Its succinct and decently easy to breeze through. Give it a look!

Don't like this? TELL ME

If any part of this isn't sitting well with you, I'd really love to know so I can adapt the program into something palatable to the community at large. Again, the idea here is to hit all our goals! If you're having an issue with any part of it, please reach out.

Updates and timelines

We'll be posting periodic updates as the program rolls along via our Twitter and Youtube. Additionally, I'll be putting on an AMA live on my Twitch channel on --DATE-- if anyone cares to ask me about he project or really anything else in general.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: