Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:06:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will kill itself  (Read 3958 times)
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:49:03 PM

All that we can only interpret about how Bitcoin or whether Bitcoin will be able to kill you slowly later on.
Vyachel

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

SEMUX

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:08:11 PM

One of the best features of Bitcoin is it's anonymity. This is also one of the reason why countries are banning or at least hesitant to embrace the technology. From money laundering to illegal drug transactions to human trafficking. We always blame the FUD from mainstream media, financial institutions like banks, the government etal. But do you think, the one that would "kill" Bitcoin is actually the nature of it.

Here's another news where Bitcoin was being used in an illegal activity. This will raise a lot of eyebrows because it concerns our children.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/bitcoin-could-become-illegal-after-its-blockchain-was-discovered-containing-child-abuse/news-story/bf486e6e8de453fd7ad2abba019952dd 
Illegal transactions with money was long before the advent of bitcoin. Therefore, it is foolish to blame bitcoin for all the troubles. But I think that over time bitcoin will be replaced by a more transparent cryptocurrency.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:18:41 PM

One of the best features of Bitcoin is it's anonymity. This is also one of the reason why countries are banning or at least hesitant to embrace the technology. From money laundering to illegal drug transactions to human trafficking. We always blame the FUD from mainstream media, financial institutions like banks, the government etal. But do you think, the one that would "kill" Bitcoin is actually the nature of it.

Here's another news where Bitcoin was being used in an illegal activity. This will raise a lot of eyebrows because it concerns our children.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/bitcoin-could-become-illegal-after-its-blockchain-was-discovered-containing-child-abuse/news-story/bf486e6e8de453fd7ad2abba019952dd 
Illegal transactions with money was long before the advent of bitcoin. Therefore, it is foolish to blame bitcoin for all the troubles. But I think that over time bitcoin will be replaced by a more transparent cryptocurrency.
I agree that all charges against bitcoin are meaningless, since you correctly said that money laundering, support of terrorism, etc. were before the appearance of bitcoin. Also, the correct use of bitcoin and its technology can bring a lot of benefits, which is proved in practice by some countries that have already taken bitcoin as a means of payment.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Peter Bailey

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:08:37 AM

I think the unknown factor is too high for me to buy bitcoin cash right now. Could drop hard tomorrow, but it would be my most bullish pick and I may buy some tomorrow. What bitcoin are you gonna buy? The one for $3500 or the one for $17500. One is fast and cheap to move and the other is slow. I see double digit gains coming soon just not sure about what happens tomorrow.
Giles Goodman

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:13:05 AM

They believe commerce is king and should occur on-chain. I believe store of value is king and commerce should occur off-chain.

Why can't we just live happily ever after, each pursuing our own goals? We'll that's because Jihan Wu controls sha256 mining and deliberately created Bitcoin Cash because he wants more transactions on-chain so he can make more money. Not to mention the extra mining hardware he sells to people on both sides of the war HE created.
KeezAZA

Activity: 224

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:19:49 AM

He will never kill himself. Only people in the future can do this. The price for Bitcoin is low, but the popularity is very high. People still believe in the future in the future.

rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

I was also having a serious thought about the issue you raised as regards to anonymity  of bitcoin. If nothing is begin done  about the decentralized  nature of bitcoin  which will facilitate the killing of bitcoin because it is still seen as a willing tool to enable illicit transaction. But if bitcoin loses it decentralized nature then it is finished because a lot of patrons will drop it.
calumbautista23

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:19:32 PM

This is a defining feature that made bitcoin popular, its anonimity But unfortunately, there really is this ugly side of that.But bitcoin won't die becasue of this, it has more positive uses than the negative ones. Let's just see what happens in the future.
Megazord

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:34:49 AM

bitcoin does not kill himself, he only gets stronger every day!
Donotfoolme

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:56:59 AM

Although the market is falling it doesnt mean bitcoin will kill it self,  bitcoin created not to kill itself but to know what is need to be adjust and to creat more technical problems and community supports,  bitcoin has a lot of improvements . I cannot say bitcoin will kill itself,  many people behind this crypto i know they can handle this.
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:02:36 AM

Bitcoin will not be able to easily kill himself. I think all of them are related. Businesses will often invest in things that bring value and safety. Maybe they know the future of Bitcoin and invest in it a lot.
Our belief is based on the capitalization of Bitcoin. Do not worry about Bitcoin, it will not hurt anyone.
wonderfulvn

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:03:40 AM

I believe that it will never happen because Bitcoin will never be killed by anyone or even itself
polladparker

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:04:14 AM

no it just Remus not at all.bitcoin is world in yourself ...
mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:51:29 PM

With the nature of the blockchain technology, all transactions are maintain it's anonymity. When it's come to illegal transactions, bitcoin and other crypto currencies are mostly being used with this inbuilt characteristic. However if we have some solution like KYC concept, it is possible to mitigate this issue to some extend.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:12:58 PM

Although the market is falling it doesnt mean bitcoin will kill it self,  bitcoin created not to kill itself but to know what is need to be adjust and to creat more technical problems and community supports,  bitcoin has a lot of improvements . I cannot say bitcoin will kill itself,  many people behind this crypto i know they can handle this.
True, it doesnt meant indeed bitcoin will killed itself even the fluctuations are very strong. Yes many users are with bitcoin and has strong support until now. It cannot be dead the platform right away it will continuos exist.
RAmondragon

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:18:20 PM

Bitcoin does make doing criminal transactions more easily but I doubt in practice if it's the same. I mean, even encashing a huge sum of money will still got to go through a bank since they are the only ones with enough cash to do so.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:30:05 PM

Because of being anonymous of bitcoin there so many speculation that it can be use for any illegal transaction.We cannot deny that because of that characteristics those criminals  abused it by doing such things that causes negative to the public. But despite of it  many users are still positve and continuing support and used bitcoin without hesitation bbecause they know the real purpose of bitcoin.
lmillert85

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:33:13 PM

Money laundering, drug sales among others have always existed, long before bitcoin. Even ending the bitcoin these crimes will continue
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:41:05 PM

True, it doesnt meant indeed bitcoin will killed itself even the fluctuations are very strong. Yes many users are with bitcoin and has strong support until now. It cannot be dead the platform right away it will continuos exist.
Bitcoin will not kill itself. The only thing that can kill bitcoin is its competitor, but we all know that bitcoin dont have competitor, so bitcoin is impossible to die. People have different point of views on bitcoin, some are into bitcoin and some are against to it. I suggest that just focus on your investments and dont entertain the bad news spreading, because it will just make wrong informations that can affect your investments.
PatyZante

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:49:37 PM

My take on this is, Bitcoin is like a double edged sword, its strength can also be used as its weakness. The reason why people loved it would be and could be the very same reason why they would hate it. There are certain ways that it can be improved, like some regulations that if will be implemented properly, it will be able to prevent Bitcoin to be used in scams, frauds and illegal activities, as well as it will gain the trust and confidence of the people more since there will be regulations around it.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: